Holiday Balance Wish List

21 replies to this topic

#1 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Here is a list of things i think would add a good dose of fun into MWO. Although PGI may or may not feel inclined to take heed of any suggestions i wanted to do something more constructive/positive feedback for them. So lets keep this thread upbeat and constructive. If you guys have anything you'd like to see that's very plausible and not mentioned please suggest it and i'll add it to the list. Remember Positive is the key idea here.

1. Ghost heat changes
1. PPC/ERPPC alpha limit increased to three. Reasoning - its the stock build for the awesome and with the heat being increased back to its original values, excessive alpha strikes with PPCs are their own penalty. Or....
2. Mech specific perk to ignore ghost heat for certain types of weapons. For instance for Awesomes, a Mech specific perk to ignore ghost heat for energy weapons as example. Or Stalkers with higher missile alpha limits. That way you can still make whatever build you want but are highly encouraged to use certain stock builds with minor tweaks as they can take advantage of limits free customization may be hindered by.
3. Large Laser/ER Large laser alpha limit increased to 4 from 2. Reasoning - being able to mount 4 LLs provides them with advantages over the suggested 3 PPCs, additional damage if you are good at maintaining focus and they are more heat efficient than PPCs. More damage and better heat vs up front damage and extreme range.
4. AC/2s - Reasoning - it just seems out of place on ballistic weapons especially the lowest damaging one.
5. AC/20s - Reasoning - its just plain silly. Two low heat weapons combine for an absurd amount of heat. Plus it hasn't stopped them so why keep pretending?

2. Jump Jet Changes
1. Jump Jet 5 second delay before begining recharge. Reasoning - the bunny hoping tactic needs a change and with a 5 second delay before jumpjets start recharging this would make Jump Jets geared more towards manuvering instead of trolling.
2. Faster Jump acceleration - I think it would be a better experience if you blast off quickly and slow down as your reach your maximum height. Along with this the reticle shake could be extreme during takeoff and then stablize some as you reach max height.
3. Higher altitude - Not that it needs a big adjustment, just a feeling... that you should go higher than you do currently. DFAs aren't going to feel right if you barely clear their head and then just tap them to explode.
4. Directional jump jets - blasting to the side to avoid missiles, its just what light mechs were meant to do!

3. Command Module Changes
1. Command modules can receive all tactical data from friendlies including siesmic events. If a friendly has direct line of sight or is using heat vision the enemy should appear on the hud visible through the transparent landscape in a special "command vision mode"
2. Only company or lance commanders have active command modules. If everyone on the team has a command module there will be at most only 3 active per team. If a commander is killed the team loses one of their active command module abilites. If team A has 3 command modules at the start of the match and team B kills one of the commanders, then team A now is only allowed to have 2 active command modules. This would be in order to keep command module abilities simply being passed around throughout a battle.

Edited by Sable, 25 November 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Not gonna happen.

#3 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ghost Heat:
Remove it completely, replace with a more intuitive system that is communicated to the player in game.
Ghost Heat is illusive and ill described, and doesn't technically exist anywhere in the game.

JJs:
Increase fall damage to heavier mechs if they fail to buffer their falls.
Any other nerf is a nerf to lights, which is unnacceptable

Command Module:
So many ideas, none of which will come to light any time soon.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Remove ghost heat completely.

Make ppcs do splash damage so they spread their damage out. Also autocannons fire in bursts, again to spread damage.

The only way to balance weapons is to eliminate the 30+ damage pinpoint alphas.

#5 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I just saw a big truck full of coal backing up to the PGI building.

#6 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 November 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Remove ghost heat completely.

Make ppcs do splash damage so they spread their damage out. Also autocannons fire in bursts, again to spread damage.

The only way to balance weapons is to eliminate the 30+ damage pinpoint alphas.

i realy dislike the idea of ac firing in many shells, but it would probley be the only way to balance this game.

me personal i would like to see them rework laser/pulse. give them a original burst dam. say 1/3 to half the original laser dam then do the rest as a dot. then to make the pulse as a better version make it do more as a up front burst. anyway this game should still be in beta. may come back once CW is up and running if pgi listens to ppl.

#7 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

We have a better chance of all of us scoring with Victoria's Secret Angels than that happening ;)

Edited by Green Mamba, 25 November 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#8 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

And when Paul read the forums, he said with a shout

"No one likes my Ghost Heat, I should take it out!"

Reading in sadness he realized what he's done

"It's math's are too complex and too dumb in one, so something must be done!"

And so it was PGI's heart grew three sizes that day, when Ghost Heat went away.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#9 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostSable, on 25 November 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

4. Directional jump jets - blasting to the side to avoid missiles, its just what light mechs were meant to do!

As long as they still have the handling characteristics of a 30 ton giant robot while doing so and don't dance through the air like Gundams, I approve.

(I'm not hating on Gundam, Gundam is awesome, but their kind of maneuverability just wouldn't fit into MW.)

Ghost heat must die (or at least be massively nerfed).

#10 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

i realy dislike the idea of ac firing in many shells, but it would probley be the only way to balance this game.

Unfortunately 30-40 damage alphas arnt balanced. It keeps mediums from being competitive and forces everyone into heavies or assaults (or jenners/spiders). The only way to balance the current mechs/weapons is to significantly reduce pinpoint alpha. That means adding more mechanisms to spread damage. Otherwise PPCs and ballistics will continue to dominate.

Mechs also need an internal structure buff to increase the time to kill as well as make critical hits matter more. Currently internal structure gets destroyed too fast for critical hits to have any real purpose in the game. Increasing internal structure would also reduce the frequency of one shot kills on mechs like the Locust.

Edited by Khobai, 25 November 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'm glad someone finally got the nerve to post on this ;)

#12 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

Continually saying "oh that will never happen" isn't positive guys. I was hoping people might have reasonable suggestions they wish PGI would consider. PGI seems adamant on keeping Ghost heat for instance and i don't completely find fault in that, but it is still a bit awkward right now and needs some refining. I don't imagine PGI would go for doing away with the system, but tweaking it doesn't seem out of reach.

The things i listed in the beginning were changes that to me would positively influence the game without demanding revolution. So is there anyone at all with reasonable balancing changes they'd like to see in MWO?

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

I wish that I can get the last piece of Pumpkin Pie this Holiday!
Not that kind of Balance wish list? :)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 26 November 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#14 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 November 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I wish that I can get the last piece of Pumpkin Pie this Holiday!

Nub. Pecan is the new meta.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Nub. Pecan is the new meta.

Now THAT is a Meta I can support! :)

#16 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

What they mean Sable is it won't happen real soon.

Most of those things you listed would be better off with more than just tweaks while at least one thing you listed requires a fundamental redesign. Tweaking "ghost heat" sure, but removing ghost heat would be best - but would require a complete overhaul of how heat/heatsinks are programmed (for the better). The jumpjet stuff you mentioned would indeed have better functionality for jumpjets/fun/useful/balanced (for the better), but would require an overhaul. I don't know about that command console though, if you read up on the command console on Sarna - there are certainly ways to implement the canon one into a game.

Basically, rough estimate... would take 6 months to a year to overhaul that stuff.

#17 Nimura Nekogami

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationErfurt

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 25 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

We have a better chance of all of us scoring with Victoria's Secret Angels than that happening :)

That would be heaven. :D
Sadly i think you are correct. ;)

(but i wont stop dreaming! for both..... ;) )

#18 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 November 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

stuff

Mechs also need an internal structure buff to increase the time to kill as well as make critical hits matter more. Currently internal structure gets destroyed too fast for critical hits to have any real purpose in the game. Increasing internal structure would also reduce the frequency of one shot kills on mechs like the Locust.

Mechs like the Locust currently have 3X the armor of normal due to hard to hit speeds and net code (the internet sucks for many) so adding more structure, while helpful for the Larger Chassis, may make ALL the Lights, once again, very difficult to kill in a timely fashion. It is little fun trying to kill something fast now, add in a craep load of extra structure and things do down hill quickly, or back to where we were with Spiders... ahhrrrgggg... No please no...

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 25 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

We have a better chance of all of us scoring with Victoria's Secret Angels than that happening ;)

Speak for yourself, I have a gift for scoring babes!
That I haven't used fr over 25 years! :)

#20 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'll settle for consistent Ping that doesn't jump from a decent 260 to 500 due to the most recent patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users