15 replies to this topic

#1 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Playing solo, I've recently noticed that the quality of matches vary dramatically with the time I'm online.

Mornings or early afternoons at weekends are good. Teams work well together, matches are often close and on a personal note, I've had some of my highest scoring matches at this time.

Early evenings (about 7pm GMT) also tend to be pretty good.

After 8pm GMT, matches start to go down hill. It feels like most matches turn into cap rushes, teams scatter, completely ignore plans, and there are a lot more rookie errors. It's a lot less enjoyable, and matches seem a lot more one-sided.

Anyone else noticed this?

#2 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Actually, I have noticed the very same thing. On Sunday I was able to get eight kills and only died eleven times which, for me, is actually pretty good. I am improving, and I know I'm improving, but I do seem to notice that improvement is much less noticeable on week nights after 8 MST.

I wonder if it might be the difference in time zones. Your 8pm GMT is my Noon, if I'm not mistaken, so eight hours later, about an hour or so after I'm able to begin playing, there's a completely different crowd of folks. Before 7pm my time, things seem to be pretty good, however.

#3 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

I usually come in at around 8am server time (1am local time).
That is when I encounter more European player with Ping not too far from mine and we can hit each other consistently.

There also seem to have better teamwork going on in most match.

Edited by xengk, 28 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#4 DarkDevilDancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't play after 23:00 UK time, I find around about then the quality of matches takes a sharp decline and more than once I've got stuck in a major losing streak.

No idea what country the players are in that start to play around that time but they stink.

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Right after the Servers gets life at Patchdays!

Best performance, most fun matches - it degrades every single day after a patch til the next one.

#6 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostDarkDevilDancer, on 28 November 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

I don't play after 23:00 UK time, I find around about then the quality of matches takes a sharp decline and more than once I've got stuck in a major losing streak.

No idea what country the players are in that start to play around that time but they stink.

I don't want to point at anything particular but it's rather curious see how much the normal flow of gameplay today has changed from everyday midweek.

Just like if there was some kind of special holiday allowing a lot of people to play out of their habitual playtime....

#7 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I tend to get on early morning GMT and usually see the same few people. Can produce good games. I tend to avoid peak US times.

#8 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostLord Perversor, on 28 November 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I don't want to point at anything particular but it's rather curious see how much the normal flow of gameplay today has changed from everyday midweek.

Just like if there was some kind of special holiday allowing a lot of people to play out of their habitual playtime....

Your right today the games started to suck around seven pm UK time which is much earlier than usual, funily games this afternoon were to the usual standard.

#9 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Havent played in a couple of weeks and dont miss the massive curbstomps - best time to play is not to play at all.

Truly sad to write that but until the match maker gets an overhaul I just dont see it a fun and the grind is too much. And since that wont happen till UI2 launches - see you summer 2014!

#10 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

Technically, the best time to play is near your own time zone, as lagshield and HSR issues are at a minimum.

Socially best time is non-US peak times, tend to be less immature gamers per capita.

Either way, Australians end up in a class of their own :-p

#11 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

The best time to play would be when Community Warfare is released ;)

#12 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostTekadept, on 30 November 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

The best time to play would be when Community Warfare is released :)

So like me waiting forever till the end of time waiting to launch the game. UI 2 wont launch till summer so CW is winter 2014.
-Have you seen the feedback on that lol - scrap it and start over.
See ya next year! Maybe!

#13 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

There are more premades and roflstomp "meta" groups playing in US timezones, whereas in EU TZ there are more lonewolves. Premades usually don't care about anybody else, lonewolves usually understand that they need to work together. That's why I don't enjoy playing late at night.

#14 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostRavensScar, on 26 November 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Playing solo, I've recently noticed that the quality of matches vary dramatically with the time I'm online.

Mornings or early afternoons at weekends are good. Teams work well together, matches are often close and on a personal note, I've had some of my highest scoring matches at this time.

Early evenings (about 7pm GMT) also tend to be pretty good.

After 8pm GMT, matches start to go down hill. It feels like most matches turn into cap rushes, teams scatter, completely ignore plans, and there are a lot more rookie errors. It's a lot less enjoyable, and matches seem a lot more one-sided.

Yep, same here.

Kind of Ironic, the US /NA players (and of course some others) ***** and moan about players from other locales "ruining the game with their high pings and rubberbanding", but then their prime time starts and overall tactics and intelligence of gameplay seek to discover new lows on a daily basis... :)

Edited by Zerberus, 01 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#15 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

RavenScar I would start playing as much as I can in US 4:00PM PST to 10:00PM I think the game is dying im starting to see the same players names in a lot of matches this last month which means a lot of players have left the game. Before a few months ago I hardly ever played the same people twice in one night.Now it seam I play the same people all night long.

#16 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostRavensScar, on 26 November 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Actually, we're all play drunk at those times. Even if we drop with 4 after 8pm at least 2 of us are jolly enough to try to shoot their own feet... so yes, it's gettin' worse ;)

You often can tell which side will loose by carefully counting typos in early game chat ^_^

Edited by 627, 01 December 2013 - 11:59 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users