Converting Mech Xp To Gxp, Newbie Question

13 replies to this topic

#1 Lawndart36

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

So I recently started out, bought my first Locust, then two more to get to the Elite skills.

I finally got all the basic skills unlocked in all three variants, promptly stripped and sold the two variants I didn't like, and then decided to convert the excess Mech XP for those two variants into GXP.

Hmm, can't find the "Exchange" button everyone was talking about. Uh oh, looks like you have to currently own the variant that has the XP you want to convert...

Am I missing something? I never saw anyone mention this in all the GXP discussions I read.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

If you already sold them, you now cannot convert the XP for those chassis, sorry.

#3 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 December 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

If you already sold them, you now cannot convert the XP for those chassis, sorry.

As Appogee said. Sorry, but if its any consolation I did that too when I was new, have one commado variant basiced out with about 2K on top decided I didn't like non jumpers and sold it then thought to convert xp.. No deal :P

So suggestion for the Dev's How about a warning screen as you sell any mech with Exchangeable XP? Something like
"This is your last chance to exchange excess Mxp for GXP Y/N"

Or of course you could always have some better in game info....

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, you have to currently own the 'Mechs if you want to change their XP to GXP. I'm sure it's been covered in a bunch of different threads, because I'm sure I've written it before.

#5 Lawndart36

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, even if it's not the answer I wanted to hear. Whatakickinthecrotch...

#6 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

At least the Locust is cheap. Imagine if you did it with the Atlas... :P

Out of curiosity, which one are you keeping? I'm trying to hang on to all 3 of my Locusts and keep them as fun and usable, so I'm always looking to see what others are doing with them.

Edited by Buckminster, 02 December 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#7 Lawndart36

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

If I had done that with two Atlases, I think I would have rage-uninstalled :P

I'm keeping the 3M (4 med lasers and AMS to help with Streaks), I thought about keeping the 1V (I think?), with med laser and MG's, but I was playing them very similar (except on hot maps) and I'm still on a strict c-bill budget, so I had to swap the XL engine between the two mechs between games. Which just makes the idea of wasting the c-bills just... *bangs head on table*

#8 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Although, is this going to change as part of UI 2.0? I thought I remember talk of an XP/GXP conversion tool.

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

why only go for basics before selling off two ? elite with 2x basic should be your minimum target before cleaning out the garage.

id like to tack a question on your thread in a related subject if I may.

if I had three variants all elites with master open but not unlocked if I sell one will the two remaining revert to master closed so I couldn't unlock it when I have enough xp ?

#10 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

You should still be able to fully unlock the Master slot. Remember that whatever you unlocked on a mech you sell is still unlocked. Any mech xp you earned on a mech you have sold is still there, you just cannot USE or CONVERT any mech xp on a mech you no longer own.

#11 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,901 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostLawndart36, on 02 December 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

If I had done that with two Atlases, I think I would have rage-uninstalled :(

I did do it with the Atlas. Fortunately it was just the Master skill slot that I needed - so once Phoenix mechs came out, it wasn't an issue.

#12 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

ok, im at that stage with centurions ( my first mastered chassis ) one is yenlo which I want for its 4 slots and ill keep one more ( either cn9-ac or cn9-d ) for its missile hard points. sell one open up a mech bay buy 1 additional bay then I can add to my existing sdr-5kc and master spiders.
then I could sell 1 ( keeping one ballistic one energy variant ) add 2 more bays and move to a new weight class.

that's the plan at least.

ps.. sorry to hijack your thread dude, but it seemed a relevant topic and rather than add to topics for one related question I did this :(

#13 Lawndart36

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

No problem at all! The more people that see this discussion, the less people making the same mistakes.

#14 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Ye, gotta buy an Atlas again :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users