191 replies to this topic

#181 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Sorry for necroing a thread, but will we be able to pick our start locations for the lances, from say 5 or so different drop locations, to make the starting locations different?

#182 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

We should have the feature to name our servers, like "Training Course" or "Zellbringen Battles".

#183 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

please make a premium option for stock mechs only

#184 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

I would have thought a Solaris style Arena option for personal matches whether 1v1 or larger would have been planned at the very foundation of an online Mechwarrior game. Just as a mechlab/map choice option would have been for players before the drop. There is no better way to settle Faction or personal rivalries then open competition that could be spectated by the community. And most importantly a forum in which to post the results of those matches for bragging rights. This kind of competition builds community membership and strengthens Esprida Corp among its membership. Also the arena venue would be an excellent place for PGI to charge players a minimal CBill fee for such a time slot.

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 09 March 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#185 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 19 February 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Sorry for necroing a thread, but will we be able to pick our start locations for the lances, from say 5 or so different drop locations, to make the starting locations different?

Agreed this simple idea would eliminate what is the norm (Herd Mentality) instead of Lance cohesion deployment. And obviously make the handful of maps we have to work with go much further before the boredom factor sets in.

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 09 March 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#186 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

View Postand zero, on 16 December 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Yep, just on here doing my 10 minute monthly forum check to see if I should come back to the game or not yet. Its looking like thats a no. The only reason PGI isnt bankrupted is because of all the desperate battletech fans who have been waiting for a MW game for a decade. Hell, Im one of them. But finally gave up like 7 months ago now. Better things to waste money on. So sad. ;)

I hear you man! I just was waiting for a Mechwarrior game to come out again and here we are dealing with a PGI version with a poor choice of Graphics engine to make the game in.

#187 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Charging money for private match options? Not cool guys... It had better be C-Bills and not MC (if that, really it shouldn't be anything)

Hear, hear.

#188 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yea charge for private matches that you can't earn exp, cbills, etc. in?

So I can pay PGI to play the game and can't advance anything. One of their ideas was holding premium time to start private matches so you can buy premium time and then not earn any cbills? That makes zero sense.

It's not rocket science. Give groups of any size the ability to participate in CW. That's all that needs to be done. HOW that gets done? Well there's a LOT of options available to get that done. There's not an excuse for not being able to get this done. When a unit that has hundreds of active member and dozens of active players on their TS server at any given time starts dwindling it's not the end of the game but it IS a bad sign. People in my unit are already looking elsewhere for a game that doesn't impose limitations or punish those that just simply want to be able to drop with friends of any size at any time and participate in the campaign.

#189 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostSandpit, on 17 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yea charge for private matches that you can't earn exp, cbills, etc. in?

So I can pay PGI to play the game and can't advance anything. One of their ideas was holding premium time to start private matches so you can buy premium time and then not earn any cbills? That makes zero sense.

It's not rocket science. Give groups of any size the ability to participate in CW. That's all that needs to be done. HOW that gets done? Well there's a LOT of options available to get that done. There's not an excuse for not being able to get this done. When a unit that has hundreds of active member and dozens of active players on their TS server at any given time starts dwindling it's not the end of the game but it IS a bad sign. People in my unit are already looking elsewhere for a game that doesn't impose limitations or punish those that just simply want to be able to drop with friends of any size at any time and participate in the campaign.

Hey Sand,
I'm with you on this, but don't get stressed about it. It gets fixed or it doesn't.
I too have seen units die out completely and I know a lot more players have gone into "hibernation".

I get what PGI was thinking when they put up the limitations;
1) If people get to set up private matches they can all take turns farming each other for C-Bills/XP/Achievment, etc.
2) When people finally get the full benefits of PUGing (C-Bills/XP/Achievment) and don't have to "play nice" with the rest of the still remaining player base, you will have entire units "going hermit" in the private matches and PUGs won't have anybody to stomp them anymore. :huh:

Hell, I know I would never PUG again if I could get everything out of private matches that I needed. What would that do to the game? It would mean join a group or be damned to the PUG-atory playground que. All of a sudden those 84% solo droppers (by PGI numbers) are in a unit and chatting on TS. CW becomes more viable because your player base is not off gong solo all the time. They would have to be social, use teamwork and all that nice stuff.

That would be a real dream I tell you, but PGI won't do it because they fear that too many people out there would exploit private matches otherwise. It does not matter that those of us that really care would have integrity and a ton of fun, because the real message sounds like players can't be trusted, but what do you expect when your player base is a mass of stand-alone stranger?

#190 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

I am digging up this tread for a second myself.

We need API Keys for players and XML for Matches for tourney. Is there any chance we can at least get XML feeds for private Matches so we can run a private tourney or league, and keep real time brackets Ect... On e website?

Just some thoughts to help out the community.

#191 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostMagnakanus, on 26 March 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Hey Sand,
I'm with you on this, but don't get stressed about it. It gets fixed or it doesn't.
I too have seen units die out completely and I know a lot more players have gone into "hibernation".

I get what PGI was thinking when they put up the limitations;
1) If people get to set up private matches they can all take turns farming each other for C-Bills/XP/Achievment, etc.
2) When people finally get the full benefits of PUGing (C-Bills/XP/Achievment) and don't have to "play nice" with the rest of the still remaining player base, you will have entire units "going hermit" in the private matches and PUGs won't have anybody to stomp them anymore. :o

Hell, I know I would never PUG again if I could get everything out of private matches that I needed. What would that do to the game? It would mean join a group or be damned to the PUG-atory playground que. All of a sudden those 84% solo droppers (by PGI numbers) are in a unit and chatting on TS. CW becomes more viable because your player base is not off gong solo all the time. They would have to be social, use teamwork and all that nice stuff.

That would be a real dream I tell you, but PGI won't do it because they fear that too many people out there would exploit private matches otherwise. It does not matter that those of us that really care would have integrity and a ton of fun, because the real message sounds like players can't be trusted, but what do you expect when your player base is a mass of stand-alone stranger?

I'm not stressed, I'm enjoying other stuff instead lol
PGI will do what they want, but so will I. I've stated numerous times (as have many, many, MANY others) that this was the one thing we were really concerned about since CB.
It's not like this is "new" and PGI didn't know it, so it's apparent they've "changed their position", that's cool, so have I, as in my money is aimed elsewhere lol

#192 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 April 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

It's not like this is "new" and PGI didn't know it, so it's apparent they've "changed their position", that's cool, so have I, as in my money is aimed elsewhere lol

Yours and mine both dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users