- - - - -

Project Update - Dec 2/2013 - Feedback

565 replies to this topic

#521 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

We've been "moving forward to UI 2.0 and CW." for how long now?

Also lol, Clan packages. Fukkan called it.

#522 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the information. Being a Legendary Founder, I feel like I already bought MWO.

Given PGI's track record at delivering game content, and in light of the recently announced pre-sales for the clan collection and the gold mechs, (which I think are really cool,btw) I cannot justify to myself spending another dime on this game until CW content is released. I'm sure you will collect proceeds from others, but if others feel as I do and do as I do, then you can help yourselves by stop sidetracking your focus on features that get in the way of core content. When was UI2.0 supposed to be delivered originally? Yeah, I think you understand my point.

Hit me up for the awesome sales once CW is delivered.
Cheers,
Lynx

#523 Blood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thank you for sharing the vision. What we really need is Ladder System now rather than later to keep the experienced players engaged and ultimately keep spending more money.

Whys
1. ELO in MWO has one major flaw which is that every match uses ELO and fed into ELO calculation plus fact that ELO is calculated per weight class rather than each variant. This is one of the biggest reason why there is such discrepancy in MM.

2. Ladder System delivers a lot of value to players for the low cost

3. Community Warfare does not meet the need of competitive gamers.

Explanation
Every match in PGI uses ELO and result is fed to update the ELO. This is a big problem. It has couple critical flaws.

A. MWO cannot distinguish someone practicing vs. playing seriously. We need two drop choice modes.

"Normal" - ELO is not used and result is not fed to ELO. This is the match where players practice, test new builds, try new tactics/strategy, play causual, grind out c-bills, breaking in new mechs, learning new maps, etc.

"Ladder" - ELO is used and result is fed to ELO. This is the match where players play competitively and MatchMaking matters the most. People jump in their best mech, play seriously, put their best effort forward, and put all their practice into good use.

I'll use myself as an example. My best assault mech has win ratio of 3.14. Worst is 0.45. Overall Assault average is 1.5ish. My best mech has been fine tuned, I sunk in lot of practice, and it is only used when I want to play competitively and stomp people. What do you think happens when I jump in my best assault? I typically stomp people because my overall ELO is lower than my actual best. Therefore I'm not really matched with people I should be playing against which probably helps me to continue to stomp but also I'm not getting a good practice.

B. Current ELO is prone to easy player manipulation.

One example of manipulation is that f I know there is Vs World tournament being planned. I can jump in the weight class of my best mech and try to lose many matches as possible to artificially lowers my ELO for my best weight class. Goal being influence the probability of being matched to lower skilled players during the tournament time to give me an edge. Why is this possible? Because winners are deteremined by separate formula.

Official PGI Score Formula

Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10

Combine this flaw of ELO with low playerbase and sync push for further manipulation.

Edited by Blood78, 13 December 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#524 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostHeffay, on 13 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

And yet here we are, moving forward to UI 2.0 and CW.

We've been moving forward to it since November 2012. You still believe? You like Justin Beiber, don't you?

#525 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

I honestly had your mentality up until a few weeks ago when, again, the dates came and went and still no concrete pegs to stop the sinking ship from taking on more water.

#526 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

To be fair the balance is going the right way, they just need to really cub the poptart phenomenon and adjust the missiles. Ghost heat I can live with. Island, not even sure where that's coming from, I thought that crimson straights was the island map.

#527 Tokra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Sorry to say. but i am really disapointed about you, PGI. Working on it? Coming out in the next few month? After all you said and all the time went by, i was thinking the UI2.0 and faction warfare will come out this year (means next patch). To say you started to work on it is a REALLY bad joke, and a slap in the face to all the players.
But after all we have to be thankfull that you said at least something, after the silence in the last year.....

But it seems it is more impotat to bring out Gold mechs for 500$ over working on the game.

#528 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm pretty sure there are other palettes than grey for map making.

That map looks boring and bland.

Colors work in space.

It's sad that I can pick a solid dark grey paint and become almost invisible.

Edited by Skunk Wolf, 15 December 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#529 DarthMolen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 133 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationA galaxy far, far away...

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I really don't even want to read this toxic cess pool which is the forums... but as a developer I just wanted to say thank you for the comprehensive update on the december post. It is enough for me that you guys communicate your internal structures and what you are planning for this beautiful game.

I know personally what it takes to release a product and am grateful for posts such as this. Ignore the haters and keep coding on :lol: :(

#530 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 02 December 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Please let us know what you think!

i think if you notice the second post telling you we dont like this has more thumbs up than your post "should" tell you everything you need to know...but then again its obvious you couldn't care less about our opinion as evidenced by the past year

i came back after a couple months of not playing...looks like i just missed some more cash-grabbing and more promises of "we will have this or that soon"

hope you dont bleed too many players

Edited by Dr B00t, 15 December 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#531 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 13 December 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

We've been moving forward to it since November 2012. You still believe? You like Justin Beiber, don't you?

That was just uncalled for.

2 New Mechs, A new Map and a new Game Mode tomorrow night! Booyah!

#532 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well, the new mechs, to be fair, aren't that important. The new game mode is a joke, it's assault without the cap points, I am beyond incredulous that it took them that long to come out with it. That being said, the new map is going to shake things up, perhaps I won't be doing Mordor Terra Therma 70% of the time.

#533 Ari Dian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostTyberion, on 15 December 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

That was just uncalled for.

2 New Mechs, A new Map and a new Game Mode tomorrow night! Booyah!

And this is a joke. Its the same joke patch as the last 6 month.New mechs and new maps can not and does not count while some basic, long promised, stuff is missing. And a mech that is out for some time already was not eating dev time at all. So i have no idea what the devs were doing in the last few month.

The patch for tomorrow SHOULD have: UI2.0, DirectX11, Loyality points, Unit interface and Unit tags.
This would be the least that should have come out this year. And after all the next patch is the last one in this year. So it should have all that we were expecting this year (to be honest i was hoping for more in this year, but this is the least).

#534 BVRCWolf

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNorth West

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wow...........

You want people to buy clan mech's but you can't keep any promises that you have made in the last 6 months (actualy longer but whatever). Why do I have a bad feeling about the whole thing. I think the community should NOT invest any more RL monies into this game until they start delivering what they promised, because if we don't then you will see clan mech's before we see CW or UI2.0!

#535 tigermaster

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

where are eu servers ?!??!

bored of playing at laggy 150ms....

#536 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

They cant afford to separate us into smaller groups, thats why they refused to split queues in the pathetically handled third person debauchel. I have a feeling their idea of a house trained pet is the legless puppy.

#537 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Posttigermaster, on 16 December 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

where are eu servers ?!??!

bored of playing at laggy 150ms....

It's not happening anytime soon.

If there was only a pic that was opposite of the "Ron Paul - It's Coming" pic...

Edited by Deathlike, 16 December 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#538 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

BattleMechs:
All BattleMechs are going through micro-tuning in terms of their hit boxes, quirks and abilities. We have just completed the first draft of upcoming new modules and pilot talents that will allow us to further refine the roles that the various BattleMechs partake in. We are also looking at chassis/role specific module slots being added to BattleMechs so that they do not occupy general module slots which can be considered as generic modules. As an example, players who equip a specialized Scouting module may receive higher XP/CB gains when performing scouting actions and players who equip a specialized Brawler module may receive higher XP/CB gains when performing support actions etc. Our plan is to start ramping up generation of these new modules and talents as soon as possible.

As long as you don't simultaneously reduce the number of generic module slots, okay. Adding more slots is good. Taking away slots is bad. Changing the function of existing slots would be equivalent to taking away slots.

Edited by jay35, 16 December 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#539 Gamgan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

After getting some sense knocked into me by my unit, and hearing some very strong arguments, I have seen the light, well some of it.

Its a small company and they are listening to what the players want and working towards it.

They are invested in the game in the long run, no one hit wonder play for a few months then toss aside. Lot of stuff coming out over a long term and keeping the game alive.

Its free, if you want to invest in a company you want to see continue to grow, thats your call, but the base game is free with almost all mechs and toys available by just grinding and saving up the cbills.

To much complaining and hate on these forums, to many entitled people who instead of giving productive positive criticism instead choose to complain and insult people who are giving us something for free.

I enjoy this game and if I get burned out, Ill take a break for a few months, play something else, then comeback. It will be here for a while and there is nothing keeping you from taking breaks to keep the game fresh.

Draconis Combine sucks btw.

Edited by Gamgan, 18 December 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#540 Caelvin

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

It is mid-month - where is the patch?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users