5 replies to this topic

#1 PR1VATEER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

This may have been brought up several times but too lazy to search for old topics, but we need automated defense guns or tanks and/or infantry to defend these bases. If there was an automated Large laser turrent set up (maybe even a deploy-able module), we wouldn't get base caps by Locusts as often. It seem silly they go through all the trouble to build a city with base and ZERO defense (other than us that drop in) Every city/planet we are in all seem lifeless. Perhaps some evacuated but ALL of them did???

Anyhow, we really need the ground troops with tanks and infantry out there as well. Give some life to these places.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

It's a WIP: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2929205

For a new Attack/Defend mode that's also a WIP.

Looking forward to seeing how the turrets perform.

#3 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nevermind

Edited by Kane0, 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#4 Skarabrae

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

Turrets give an added dimension of gameplay. You can retreat to a base and use it strategically. Plus it makes capping a base more challenging and requires thought.

Some of the most memorable games I've seen is when clever survivors of a nearly wiped out team retreat to base and then turn the tide when the encroaching team ignores the turrets to their own bravado.

Instead of taking away game depth you should be adding it. Assault maps are now just like Conquest maps with one resource to cap!!! :blink: Next I'll be logging in and you'll be making Conquest maps with two resources one at each side of the map...and if you do, please add some turrets... :D

P.S. I'll still love the game and play even if you make it one on one with a single tree in the middle of an empty map, but I probably wouldn't have anyone else to play against!

#5 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

The removal of the turrets from the assault maps has created an interesting dynamic I've found.
I've seen it where teams leave one lance in reserve, or at least holding back a bit so they can counter a base attack.
Having the turrets there was nice and did allow a team to retreat back for cover, but it also meant that a team didn't take as much responsibility for defending their own base.

#6 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:31 AM

PGI, please please please please please put turrets back in.

They give the team a chance to come back while the turrets get shot up. If the reason for the removal was light mechs, put in PPC's and SRM's (things that can be dodged).

I am completely avoiding assault maps now as people are capping before the fight even starts to warm up. This used to be my favourite mode because it was so dynamic and even a last mech standing could finish a cap to win a match.

Now it's just a waste of load-in time. Most of the matches I play, I have to tell people to stop capping along with everyone else (one match both sides stopped capping and we had a great match).

Please think about this. All changes should be reviewed and a poll made giving users a chance for actual gaming feedback IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users