#21 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostFather Tork, on 05 December 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

I enjoy the 7K thoroughly, but despite the supposed failures of SRMs, I'm most successful in the 7M;
Blammy

The average to good match nets in the 500 damage area, even more consistently since the Dec 3rd patch.

Just thought I'd share my build because its a very similar to what you're doing with your 7M.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f703a375847a9c4

I avoided the using the NARC tube missile hard point because I hate firing one missile at a time instead of with the rest of my volley. Artemis also tightens up the grouping and lets me hit where I'm aiming a bit better. In the end its a matter of preference and if you're comfortable with your build theres no point changing it. Best of luck!

#22 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Exactly, and both builds look good.
The narc tube is interesting to get used to, awesome when i end up behind an atlas, as those missiles are all hitting the same location.

On a side note, shoving an LRM20 in that Narc tube is hilarious!... Terrible, but hilarious!

#23 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostFather Tork, on 05 December 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Exactly, and both builds look good.
The narc tube is interesting to get used to, awesome when i end up behind an atlas, as those missiles are all hitting the same location.

On a side note, shoving an LRM20 in that Narc tube is hilarious!... Terrible, but hilarious!

How long does it take for the LRM20 to fire out of the NARC tube? Must be a solid 4-5 seconds? Wow...

#24 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostNapes339, on 05 December 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

How long does it take for the LRM20 to fire out of the NARC tube? Must be a solid 4-5 seconds? Wow...

You can fire it a second time before the first salvo finishes.

AMS completely negates you doing damage, but enemies targeted will run like hell cause the oncoming missile msg never stops

#25 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think their problem is that, like the name suggests, they seem geared toward LRMs. Only the way LRMs are now, they aren't that useful unless boated, and the Trebuchet doesn't have the tonnage to boat very many.

And if you aren't taking LRMs, there are other medium mechs better suited to the other weapons.

We've also seen the addition of the Blackjack and the Shadowhawk since Trebuchets appeared on the field, so they are no longer "the medium with jump jets." Add that those other mechs can use ballistics and JJ in combination...

Edited by Felio, 06 December 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#26 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostFather Tork, on 05 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

You can fire it a second time before the first salvo finishes.

That is not my experience. The red recharge bar doesn't start moving until the salvo finishes.

#27 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Sending a constant stream of LRM is pretty funny and if that stream connects, omg the constant screen shake.

I feel sorry for trebs, they are outclassed, but i still enjoy them.
Fast, jump jet capable. most of the hardpoints are good. Narrow side profile and arms are pretty protective. The 7K have a nice torso twist, the 5J can mount lots of lasers (currently 4LL, same loadout as some Stalkers lol) and 7M is a pretty nice too.

#28 SerratedBlaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Does the Kintaro affect the Trebs viability? I always suspected that the Treb would be into big LRM volleys but it has fewer/smaller hardpoints that I wouldn't go to a treb for LRMing.

#29 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostSerratedBlaze, on 06 December 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Does the Kintaro affect the Trebs viability? I always suspected that the Treb would be into big LRM volleys but it has fewer/smaller hardpoints that I wouldn't go to a treb for LRMing.

Yes and yet not entirely (although, the bucket isn't being used much really).

JJs are the only distinction (well, ideally though the 7M) or excessive speed (3C). The KTO otherwise is better since you can boat LRM5s which are a lot more optimal than bigger launchers.

#30 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Here's why I don't play trebs.
I have mastered all my trebs, cents, hunchies. Granted, trebs were the first medium I mastered and not have tried them since the recent buff:
Kill Death ratios:
TBT-7M: 0.92 (12 hours played)
TBT-3C: 0.61 (10 hours played)
TBT-5J: 0.73 (12 hours played)

CN9-A: 1.27 (9 hours)
CN9-AL: 1.06 (7 hours)
CN9-YLW: 1.65 (Um, AC20 is broken-good for kill shots? ) (8 hours)

HBK-4P: 1.14 (8 hours)
HBK-4H: 1.58 (!?)(Woo AC20!) (8 hours)
HBK: 4SP: 1.33 (4 hours, but played pre-stats a TON, was my first mech, won a ton before premade nerf)

SHD-2H: 1.38 (Also an AC20 mech)(6 hours)
SHD-2D2: 0.73 (only 1/4 through elites)(tried this as a couple of fast light killer builds, I suck at it, SSRMs are overrated, 2LPL didn't work either) (3.75 hours)
SHD-5M: 1.73 (1/4 through elites) (wow? Ran this as a gauss/ER LL/MPL sniper;; Gauss/ER PPC Sniper, as a 2LPL + 1 LB10X, 300XL; and now as 2 LPL, 1 UAC5, 300XL). I felt I sucked at sniping though. (4.5 hours)

Actually, this makes me want to try the 7M again, but now that there are AC20 blackjacks, Shadowhawks, and kintaros on the field, I'm kind of terrified. I just felt like I died SO FAST in the treb. It made every other medium feel like a tank.

#31 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

@DanNashe, Don't give up on the D2. It is best variant. What were you running for the loadout? A 300XL, 4x SSRM2, BAP and 2x LLAS is working for me.

Edited by Spheroid, 07 December 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#32 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

For those who wanted to see this here is an lrm treb with narc tube lrm20. For LOLs.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f4cfba1a5172e38

#33 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 07 December 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

@DanNashe, Don't give up on the D2. It is best variant. What were you running for the loadout? A 300XL, 4x SSRM2, BAP and 2x LLAS is working for me.

Alternatively...
SHD-2D2

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users