219 replies to this topic

#41 Cryptogear

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 04 December 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I'm not concerned about that most games I'm among the highest scoring whether or not i'm in a premade or pug and even when my team gets rolled I often score higher than those on the other team so I'm very confident that clan tech would be beneficial to me.

It would be beneficial for EVERYONE to use clan tech. It just may not be feasible at times.

#42 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 04 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

You want. Not we.

I'm perfectly happy with the side that has heavier weight and thus more armor, and possibly greater numbers, over advanced tech.

My point is if it's done this way it becomes a debate. It's "Protoss vs Zerg" if you will.

I want balance, I want to use IS tech and clan tech, I'm just pointing out that if the game worked the way you wanted I will be siding with clan as I have in previous games.

#43 Leafia Barrett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 04 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

There was also the talk by Randal Bills who did the whole Clantech back in the 90s that said he would redo the whole thing if he had the chance.
Lets take this chance and rewrite history for ourselves.
Same as with the unit names - we define it by what we are and how we act, not by the name of some famous lore unit. :wub:
Please take note of the emphasized text. When the guy who MADE the ****ing thing says he shouldn't have made it just blatantly OP upgrades that are better in every way, maybe you should think about trying it some other way. I agree with Reno Blade. If we have the chance to do things right (or at least not so outrageously lopsided), we should take it, instead of "the lore says this so it must be exactly this no matter what or I quit" like some people are saying.
Just my two cents as someone who's not a lore nut.

#44 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

i dont want imbalance Clan Tech. Because nobody would play IS. If there were 8 vs 12 i guarantee if the 8 Man loose they will complain about the Player imbalance. I know the Actual Builds ingame. And now think about the same Builds with OP Clan Weapons. It would ruin the Game

If a Clanmech is the same like a IS Mech only with another Chassis and other Weapons so give it to me.

#45 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

MWO: Is there any part of MechWarrior you’d love to just take straight out of canon?

RB: I’ve said many times over the years that if I’d been there the game mechanics of the Clan weaponry would be very different. It’s not just how powerful those weapons are, but that it seemed from the get go to violate the story aesthetics as presented.

Here were these great, in-your-face warriors and yet they had weapons that allowed a player, in game to simply walk backwards and fire at crazy distances to down your enemy. When we introduced the Clan Heavy Lasers years ago those were more along the lines of what I thought the Clans should’ve had all along…really dangerous and powerful weapons, but shortish range, where the Clanner would be in his element, able to take down 3 and 4 enemy BattleMechs in a whirling dervish of expert maneuvering and markmanship.

http://mwomercs.com/...2-randall-bills

#46 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

They have the IP to bring suckers in the door and spend money no matter what they do. That is the value of IP.

They have poetic license to do whatever they want because they have the IP. They know you will still spend enormous amounts of money even if you hate them and everything they do because of the IP.

Did I mention IP? It makes em money.

I understand and accept what you say but unless you stop spending money you give them the green light to take the manifesto and trash it for the sake of revenue.

IP baby - it makes me money baby.

#47 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostJak Darren, on 04 December 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Then you would be a great example for being in a very light Clan mech with limited weaponry. Gives you the opportunity to prove how good you are, and works in with the Clan honor system.

Myself, I will be piloting IS. Period.

how do you enforce the clan honor system? also don't underestimate clan light mechs. I'm a long range fire support pilot and speed + ridiculous clan range advantage will likely make clan light mechs more dangerous against IS assaults than a clan Assault would be. I've spent a lot of time in the cockpit of shadowcats, stormcrows, adders, kitfox, cougars. those mechs would all be nasty for how I play.

#48 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostBlurry, on 04 December 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

IP baby - it makes me money baby.

Absolutely is key to drawing people in, but the game cant handle the IP due to how PGI implemented the TT to PC conversion.
it made grouped weapons exponentially more powerful. this would be even more painful with TT clan tech. So the IP cant be used because ti will kill the game.

#49 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostCryptogear, on 04 December 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

It would be beneficial for EVERYONE to use clan tech. It just may not be feasible at times.

This is the problem.

Prepare to throw out every 'mech you own because there is no point to having them. Period. They don't know how to make the Clans less powerful and I don't believe they want them less powerful, at least by much.

The Clans are coming... to make you buy more 'mech bays and waste all your cbills. Because IS 'mechs will be straight up inferior.

#50 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

there are a ot of suggestions how to balance clan mech vs is without knerfing them too much..

http://mwomercs.com/...54#entry2953154

#51 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postsmokefield, on 04 December 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

there are a ot of suggestions how to balance clan mech vs is without knerfing them too much..

http://mwomercs.com/...54#entry2953154

There were also a ton of suggestions to accomplish what Ghost Heat set out to do so far far better than it ended up, like having weapon limits impact recycle times and of course, tons of threads on convergence.

Meanwhile our Community Manager is designing energy boat Catapults and getting bummed out when he hears they're trash instead of actually paying attention to what's going on, apparently.

#52 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 04 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Same as with the unit names - we define it by what we are and how we act, not by the name of some famous lore unit. :wub:

Agreed! Maybe I can help construct a new kick booty future for my beloved Waco Rangers that does not include a messy end in the Jihad, and one that includes kicking some Dragoon booty for once :D

(I don't think Mr. Bills would like that one though)

#53 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

I don't want Clan tech dumbed down and if PGI had a clearly defined designed road map we wouldn't be having this debate.

If PGI had a clearly defined road map they wouldn't be 'designing' Community Warfare." They'd have a plan layed out, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters before being posted it on the forums as "This is what we plan to do. Please rip it to shreds so we can go back to the drawing board."

#54 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 04 December 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

If PGI had a clearly defined road map they wouldn't be 'designing' Community Warfare." They'd have a plan layed out, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters before being posted it on the forums as "This is what we plan to do. Please rip it to shreds so we can go back to the drawing board."

Vogon bureaucracy

#55 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

They are "designing" CW because as far as I can tell, this year included a seven+ month vacation for the gameplay devs.

#56 Jak Darren

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 04 December 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

They are "designing" CW because as far as I can tell, this year included a seven+ month vacation for the gameplay devs.

But we got a map!

#57 Cryptogear

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 04 December 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

HEY! it takes ALOT of time to plan/prepare for a not-really-a-launch party.

#58 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostCryptogear, on 04 December 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

HEY! it takes ALOT of time to plan/prepare for a not-really-a-launch party.

I mean really, do you know what they had to do to pull that off?

They had to make some MS Paints on the plane instead of taking a nap. And get them into power point. This took valuable vacation time away from at least one dev!

Paul also had to install Tetris on his phone so he'd have something to do during the presentation. Announcing the launch of his game was just too boring you see, so he HAD to entertain himself someway!*

* Yes, this really happened.

Edited by Victor Morson, 04 December 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#59 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Call Of Duty ..I knew it ;)

#60 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 04 December 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Paul also had to install Tetris on his phone so he'd have something to do during the presentation. Announcing the launch of his game was just too boring you see, so he HAD to entertain himself someway!*

* Yes, this really happened.

Literally, my jaw dropped when I saw that.

96 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 96 guests, 0 anonymous users