#41 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Pretty blues. Shame i've got the chassis on sale already.

Edited by Smittiferous, 06 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#42 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostSmittiferous, on 06 December 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Pretty blues. Shame i've got the chassis on sale already.

I'm just bummin' because I've played too long on the OTHER 3 Cataphracts, can't persuade myself to get the 4th, and arguably the best. (Although my lovely Ilya would dispute that!)

#43 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Fix the High Pings, rubber banding and check your severs and maybe I'll start spending actual cash again.

#44 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 December 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

If you had tried UI 2.0 on the test server, you would know that it is not ready for release. How much would you be whining if PGI pushed these major updates out and added 100s of more bugs to the game?

Yet they will continue to PUSH UI2.0 bugs and all mid-December, how much whining will that generate. All because they said we'll have it within 90days of launch... didn't say what state it'll be in though. I'm still holding out for a camo colour sale, and I'll probably end up picking up a heap.

#45 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'd say the waters surrounding Mechwarrior are a murky brown right now, with a somewhat pungent smell. Or perhaps a bright salty tasting red.

Either way, I think my wallet has finally more or less closed. Poured plenty of $ into paint and schemes in the past, but the line of no tolerance has to be drawn somewhere, and I've drawn it when I decided not to buy into Project Phoenix due to the increasingly bad netcode and wonky hit state rewind ghost hits that make playing with a low ping torture. On top of all the other issues of course like the lack of community warfare and one on one dueling solaris arena mode. Each decision for me not to purchase hereafter should be easier.

#46 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Eh, hate to be the one to say it but the water isn't very impressive on Crimson. It is however the hands down best map out yet to date.

Protip: Have Crimson's designer do all the map designs from now on - the moss pit maps pale in comparison.

EDIT :

View PostApostal, on 06 December 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yet they will continue to PUSH UI2.0 bugs and all mid-December, how much whining will that generate. All because they said we'll have it within 90days of launch... didn't say what state it'll be in though. I'm still holding out for a camo colour sale, and I'll probably end up picking up a heap.

lol. Come on back down to earth m8. They said CW would be ready 90 days after open beta and here we are nearly a year from that with the same promise.

I'll believe UI 2.0 and CW is out when I see it on production.

EDIT2 :

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 06 December 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'd say the waters surrounding Mechwarrior are a murky brown right now, with a somewhat pungent smell. Or perhaps a bright salty tasting red.

Either way, I think my wallet has finally more or less closed. Poured plenty of $ into paint and schemes in the past, but the line of no tolerance has to be drawn somewhere, and I've drawn it when I decided not to buy into Project Phoenix due to the increasingly bad netcode and wonky hit state rewind ghost hits that make playing with a low ping torture. On top of all the other issues of course like the lack of community warfare and one on one dueling solaris arena mode. Each decision for me not to purchase hereafter should be easier.

You and me both my friend. Unfortunately I think that's the only way we'll see anything tangible. I too fought the good fight, paid into MWO to fund its development and all there is to show at this point is some new mechs and maps - NOT my idea of real content additions to the game.

Edited by Mota Prefect, 06 December 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#47 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 December 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

If you had tried UI 2.0 on the test server, you would know that it is not ready for release. How much would you be whining if PGI pushed these major updates out and added 100s of more bugs to the game?

AKA why we should still be in closed or at least open beta.

#48 Vilefaith

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

I got a camo unlock for ALL. How do I apply it to other mechs? Did this change because I cant even put my HotRod camo on another Mech now without having to "buy" it again.

#49 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostVilefaith, on 07 December 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

I got a camo unlock for ALL. How do I apply it to other mechs? Did this change because I cant even put my HotRod camo on another Mech now without having to "buy" it again.

"Unlock" is to buy it for all variants of that chassis.

Say you buy it on the Cataphract 3D. You can put it on all Cataphracts even the ones you don't own yet, but only on the cataphracts.

It's a frequently answered question in the new player threads; here's the latest time it's been answered.
http://mwomercs.com/...9-basic-colors/

Colors are for everyone. Camos are for specific chassis.

Example you can put and take off Shadowhawk's Hot Rod whenever you want, because it came 'paid for' already. But you can't put it on your Jenner, as the free hot rod camo was for your phoenix mechs only.

#50 Vilefaith

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 December 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

"Unlock" is to buy it for all variants of that chassis.

Say you buy it on the Cataphract 3D. You can put it on all Cataphracts even the ones you don't own yet, but only on the cataphracts.

It's a frequently answered question in the new player threads; here's the latest time it's been answered.
http://mwomercs.com/...9-basic-colors/

Colors are for everyone. Camos are for specific chassis.

Example you can put and take off Shadowhawk's Hot Rod whenever you want, because it came 'paid for' already. But you can't put it on your Jenner, as the free hot rod camo was for your phoenix mechs only.

Thanks for the answer, i've never bought any camo's before. PGI needs to add a tool tip or something. Not a big loss since it was on sale and I can put it on my favorite chassis.

#51 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

can we have CW and UI 2.0 for sale?

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostVilefaith, on 07 December 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Thanks for the answer, i've never bought any camo's before. PGI needs to add a tool tip or something. Not a big loss since it was on sale and I can put it on my favorite chassis.

They should. What irks me is I can't use the sale to buy the camos for the Thunderbolt, Battlemaster, and upcoming Wolverine and Griffin. :D I gotta wait for another sale to do that.

If you want to check out camos, though, Lordred has a thread loaded with screenshots and he's been longing for people to do more than just throw up a like. He wants impressions, feedback, etc. So if you get a chance, throw him some so I can get him to take more screens of mechs like mine with camos.

Random minor highlights
Spoiler

Hope you enjoyed. Check out his thread whenever you want. :blink: My new paints should be there over the next few days.

Also it's always looking (actually begging) for requests.

#53 WhistlR

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

You release these sales,.. why don't you guys STOP BORKING UP THIS GAME with all these FAILED patch releases?....................................HUH!

You go from one extreme to another and utterly fail from one attempt to the next,.. unbelievable!

Edited by WhistlR, 07 December 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#54 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Me spend lots money already, so much in fact Me hate the idea of paying for anything in the future including clans.

Me tired of paying for pieces of game, Me want's whole game with story and lore and planetary maps.

Me has paid for 8.3 triple A titles on these pieces because Me love them so.

Me is kinda ticked off because Me knows that in the future Me will be able to acquire colors by playing.

Me is kinda ticked off because Me knows that in the future PGI will continue to sell pieces of game, such as

Me bet it's a highest priority for PGI to create changeable parts that look different such as new Atlas head for 250 MC.

Me bet PGI only wants my money, but not to give game.

Me believes that if Developers cared for MechWarrior in a true sense they would not hold back any longer.

Me is tired of being milked by PGI.

Edit:

But that's just Me.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 07 December 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#55 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Just a note: The user interface is being released before it's ready in a very bugged state due to endless complaints.

It had to get many things redone, due to not living up to and being too different from the current interface (I confess even I put in some requests as too much original functionality got removed).

You do realize that CW, in order to be an experience, requires 'clans' to be in a state to release as well as more game modes, the many things stated to be in, etc., and that doesn't happen overnight?

I confess a big mistake was to 'launch' so early. At the same time, people kept complaining they wouldn't help fund the game as a beta. So they 'launched' in a rush.

People whined about not having the new interface yet. So it's being pumped out full of bugs, rushed to try and get them stop crying.

People are whining about CW... so when we see it, it will be largely incomplete and with many problems. Rushed, to try and get them stop crying.

But then people whine about the lack of testing... Which was significantly shortened and reduced, so that the same people would stop wailing.

The game is by no means perfect, I've found many problems and issues with it and I know there will be many more problems and issues. But I'd like to take a moment and whine about the people whining. As there might not be 'as many' ™ problems with the game if people whined less and provided more constructive solutions. We had a stage where that was possible. Now, there's so many whiners that the entire Battletech community is the "2%" minority that PGI doesn't want to listen to because "you're never happy."

Instead of "zomg you failed," how about "why" or "what" or "how"? Instead of whining about a sale, in the sale thread, when your problem has nothing to do with the sale but another issue then how about talking about it in a spot related?

Got an issue with a patch, fill some feedback related to it.

Got an issue with mech changes? Go fill some feedback or offer a 'better' solution to be considered?

Discovered a critical problem? Submit something directly to support.

Be specific and put the issues where they will be looked at. The only people who remotely matter that read this, are NOT responsible nor are they paid to copy paste your issues into a report to give to the devs. It's just someone crying because he doesn't have his toy. And unfortunately, accept that we will never get 'the perfect Mechwarrior' out of a game developer's first attempt at something other than a port, racing game, fishing game, or Die Hard game.

Oh, and if something was done right... say so, before it gets warped with someone else crying about it being wrong.

Edited by Koniving, 07 December 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#56 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostMota Prefect, on 06 December 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Protip: Have Crimson's designer do all the map designs from now on - the moss pit maps pale in comparison.

While I agree with your assertion that CS is one of the best maps, your use of the term "Protip" reminded me of Joey...

#57 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

I never bought any patterns before, does anyone know if you buy the permanent unlock does it unlock for all mechs?

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 07 December 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

I never bought any patterns before, does anyone know if you buy the permanent unlock does it unlock for all mechs?

Answered higher on the page, or here in detail.
It unlocks for all variants of the chassis.
Definitions:
Chassis: A type of mech. Example: Hunchback, Cataphract, Atlas.
Variant: A model number of a Chassis. Example, HBK-4J, HBK-4P for the Hunchback chassis, CTF-3D, CTF-4x for the Cataphract chassis, AS7-DD-C, AS7-K for the Atlas chassis.

#59 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think I might cancel the cat-pocalypse on general principle. Why should I buy more camos when my favorite mechs can't even use them. Being able to use camos on founder / hero / Phoenix mechs would make it at lot easier to justify buying those patterns.

#60 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostMota Prefect, on 06 December 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

lol. Come on back down to earth m8. They said CW would be ready 90 days after open beta and here we are nearly a year from that with the same promise.

I'll believe UI 2.0 and CW is out when I see it on production.

Quote from the Command Chair project update:

Our target is to launch UI 2.0 as soon as possible and iron out the kinks over the next few months. I can tell you this, it will be buggy (not game-breaking) and we’ll be addressing both internal requirements and your feedback on a week by week basis.

We will be getting UI2.0, bug's and all ASAP. That means to fall within their now 'commercially launched' game promise of UI2.0 within 90days they will slap it in for next patch... you know so they can say happy christmas you got what you asked for...

I've been here since mid Closed Beta, what I don't think we'll see for more then another year is CW if any solid and approachable form. But by then I think the overall playerbase will turn this into a casual only F2P game over better, more solid and robust game titles to grace our monitors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users