PGI has been eating too much cereal...

Posted Image

I miss SRMs that work.

#62 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

And again, like every patch, I post this within the Patch Feedback forum section.

At least last patch Niko joked about giving up a Dogephract lol.

http://mwomercs.com/...shit-detection/

I've been posting the same things for months now though, seriously.

*edit* HAHAHAH!!! I just had to laugh at how this site shortned the url I posted.

Edited by NuclearPanda, 10 December 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#63 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

2.5 damage AND hit detection might be a bit too much.

That said, I've had some good luck with SRMs of late. I find I'm ripping up more stuff with them in my DDC than I do with my AC20 once I get in close, and I haven't ever really seen an SRM hit that didn't register. Sure, you can't count on them for 100% pinpoint damage, but that emulates TT pretty well, and seems like a fair compromise or their good combination of tonnage, size, and heat. The mechs I find they're more effective against are the post-hitbox fix mechs, so perhaps we'll see SRM usage improve as they fix more mechs.

#64 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostBagheera, on 10 December 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

True in a lot of cases, but broken SRMs are one of the many things hurting a fair number of mediums. I know you remember what a good SRM volley in a decently fast mech did the the back end of slower opponents. :lol:

Still, they've been a problem forever, and it's hard to finalize weapon balance when some of the are still broken. Fixing SRMs should really be higher on the priority list.

They were effective because of splash damage artificially multiplying how much damage they did. Hit detection has always been bad, it's just that they used to really devastate things when you did hit.

#65 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

+1 for fixing hit detection - not sure I am onboard with 2.5 damage
+1 for a simple damage transfer model that ignores mech size!
- If that takes grouping srms (and lrms), so be it
- If it takes some kind of limited guidance, sure
- If it takes giving up on the physics model when the missiles are 0.5 away from the mech and then rolling dice to see how many hit and where (based on last position before impact), so be it!

Also, PGI might consider hiring YueFei as a consultant. PGI solutions tend to be overly complicated!

#66 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Where is Paul in this? remember when he said that they will look about it?

I have found 6 threads about the bad SRMS in the last 15 days, and he is still ignoring them....

Cmon!!!

#67 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostBront, on 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

2.5 damage AND hit detection might be a bit too much.

That said, I've had some good luck with SRMs of late. I find I'm ripping up more stuff with them in my DDC than I do with my AC20 once I get in close, and I haven't ever really seen an SRM hit that didn't register. Sure, you can't count on them for 100% pinpoint damage, but that emulates TT pretty well, and seems like a fair compromise or their good combination of tonnage, size, and heat. The mechs I find they're more effective against are the post-hitbox fix mechs, so perhaps we'll see SRM usage improve as they fix more mechs.

Streaks already do 2.5 and randomized hit is probably more precise than dummy fire SRMs. At least the missiles are connecting.

I think it's reasonable to have a weapon be especially strong when it literally zeroes out after 270 meters.

#68 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostJman5, on 10 December 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Streaks already do 2.5 and randomized hit is probably more precise than dummy fire SRMs. At least the missiles are connecting.

I think it's reasonable to have a weapon be especially strong when it literally zeroes out after 270 meters.

With streaks, I can break 1K damage now. Its just sad that you have to do that via streaks and that with 3X's the tonnage dedicated to SRM's instead of streaks you would be lucky to do 250 damage now.

#69 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostRhent, on 10 December 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

With streaks, I can break 1K damage now. Its just sad that you have to do that via streaks and that with 3X's the tonnage dedicated to SRM's instead of streaks you would be lucky to do 250 damage now.

In fairness, that may (partly) have something to do with the fact that you need to get in close to use either weapon, but streaks are optimized for fighting targets that can't alpha strike you to death in short order :ph34r:. Whether or not you run into a big enemy, you are bound to deal your damage, whereas with regular SRMs if you run into a light you have to rely on your aim + a prayer to the lag gods, and against a heavier mech you need to worry about your face melting off before you've dealt your damage.

#70 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostSephlock, on 11 December 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

In fairness, that may (partly) have something to do with the fact that you need to get in close to use either weapon, but streaks are optimized for fighting targets that can't alpha strike you to death in short order :ph34r:. Whether or not you run into a big enemy, you are bound to deal your damage, whereas with regular SRMs if you run into a light you have to rely on your aim + a prayer to the lag gods, and against a heavier mech you need to worry about your face melting off before you've dealt your damage.

My problem with the SSRM vs SRM model is that it's pretty one-sided toward the SSRM. Let's say I'm in a Hunchback 4SP with 2 missile hardpoints.

2 SRM 6 Artemis with 3 tons of ammo: 11 tons, 24 damage, 6DPS, 8 heat

2 SSRM 2 Artemis with 1 ton of ammo and BAP: 5.5 tons, 10 damage, 2.86DPS, 4 heat

Literally half the tonnage, half the heat, and almost half the damage/dps. You're not paying any extra for that lock-on low-skill ability of the streaks. You also don't have to worry about missiles missing or any sort of lag shenanigans. So you put that 5.5 tons toward your missiles and now you've got an extra 5.5 tons to put toward other weapon systems. That potentially can nullify any sort of raw alpha strike damage disparity.

This is part of the reason why I wish SRMs did 2.5 damage. At least then you would be sacrificing significant raw damage for the lock-on ability that makes streaks so good.

Edited by Jman5, 11 December 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#71 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 10 December 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

They were effective because of splash damage artificially multiplying how much damage they did. Hit detection has always been bad, it's just that they used to really devastate things when you did hit.

That's hardly an excuse to leave them broken and useless.

#72 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

The splash damage is not an issue anymore, Hit detection and low damage it is.

Why ppl keep bringing up what we already know?

You cant boat more than 3 or u will get Ghost Heat penalty = no more Splatcats

#73 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 12 December 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

The splash damage is not an issue anymore, Hit detection and low damage it is.

Why ppl keep bringing up what we already know?

You cant boat more than 3 or u will get Ghost Heat penalty = no more Splatcats

Ghost heat for firing 4 SRM6 is only 1.2 (17.2 heat vs 16) if I am reading the chart right on smurfy, hardly a significant penalty. I say long live the Splatcat though, if it gets within 270 meters it deserves to be deadly.

#74 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Soon ™ maybe.

#75 St4LkeRxF

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostBagheera, on 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

That's hardly an excuse to leave them broken and useless.

Maybe they wait to fix them after some next frak up to calm the

#76 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

Bumping for Justice.

Please fix SRMs.

Thank you.

#77 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

AC/20 and AC/10 are joining the family with SRM's. Their hit detection is getting worst, and most of the times, Crimson map (new one) is the one with more bugs like this.

#78 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

PGU does not give a {Scrap}, when will you learn

#79 St4LkeRxF

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostAztecD, on 13 December 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

PGU does not give a {Scrap}, when will you learn

You can now kill Spider, but you can't destroy dreams of people that still hope in better days

#80 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Clan Streak SRM6 wont miss though, rofl... How dare they to release tha package without any information about SRM's, Hit Detection and CW....

Cant believe im still here.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users