Stil Posting This Every Patch - Please Fix Srms/hit Detection!

47 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Topic title says it all so yet again here I am with the obvious.

Please fix SRMs, specifically hit detection. These weapons have been broken for quite some time, even with Artemis equipped, and it makes them a poor choice for brawling currently.

Posting the picture again because I'm too lazy to make another one currently, maybe next week after the patch if nothing gets fixed.

If you can't correct the issue, at least make SRMs shoot puppies and rainbows. At least then they'd be fun to look at and use.

Posted Image

P.S. Niko Snow - Where is our promised Dogephract!? :D

Also, feel free to create and post your own SRM ideas for PGI to give us in the meantime. Maybe SRMs could fire other fun things as well.

Or Flamers.... those are worthless currently as well. Maybe those firing streams of hot turkey gravy or something would be festive.

#2 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Yeah this is getting old. We have been waiting so long for SRM's to be fixed. If they are not fixed by the time Sabre package is released alot of people are going to be dissapointed because most of those mechs are laser/missile based just like the Quickdraw.

#3 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 07 December 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yeah this is getting old. We have been waiting so long for SRM's to be fixed. If they are not fixed by the time Sabre package is released alot of people are going to be dissapointed because most of those mechs are laser/missile based just like the Quickdraw.

One can only hope that something will be done to address the issue. I want to use SRMs, I really do. I don't want to basically be forced to only use SSRMs because of reliability issues. :/

#4 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

I think it's time to rename your alter ego in "Nuclear'FixSRM/HitDetection'Panda".

Anyway GL with your efforts and THX for your patience.

All the best for you and your mom.

Regards A.U.

#5 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostArgent Usher, on 09 December 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I think it's time to rename your alter ego in "Nuclear'FixSRM/HitDetection'Panda".

Anyway GL with your efforts and THX for your patience.

All the best for you and your mom.

Regards A.U.

Hah, at this point I probably should take a name change because I've been literally posting this for months now! :)

Trying to be patient though. At least Niko popped in last month with a hilarious Doge image to acknowledge that they were aware of the problem and attempting to fix it.

Also much thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my mother. Every day is a battle and I'm just thankful for all the time I can have with her at this point!

#6 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Getting tired of posting in support of this thread. Functioning SRMs would do quite a bit to restore game balance. It needs to be done. If you really have every single person working on something else, hire someone to fix HSR for missiles, and maybe have them check out lasers when they're done.

#7 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

I posted a hit detection thread for this patch too..

And if you read Paul's command chair post yesterday they are pushing out even more new mechs next patch. I don't think PGI told us the truth about fixing hit detection as the #1 priority. Their priority is to just "push" out as many mechs as possible and forget about everything else.

#8 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure they know about hit detection - also, SRMs are NOT broken except as a means of swatting lights. Particularly since they were buffed (hey, wasn't that a community-voted decision?) to compensate for the hit detection, they deal a lot of damage to larger targets. I use them whenever I can mount more than one on a short-range 'mech.

PS: PGI has told you over and over that the people who design 'mechs are a different department than the guys working hit detection - different resources are involved. Ignoring contrary data to accuse someone else of lying is an exercise in self-embarrassment and irony.

/unfollow

Edited by Void Angel, 10 December 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#9 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Opening an XML file and changing one number for three guns is too much work. Paul's got to practice his online Tetris.

ED: Small velocity improvement = Easiest fix by far. The slow velocity is why they have problems to begin with.

Edited by Victor Morson, 10 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#10 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Looks like if you chain-fire it works fine. So the problem is with its aoe damage again I think or smth like that.

#11 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Keep going with it, ill back you up every patch until they fix them!

#12 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

The easiest way to fix them is to drop the "explosion radius" mechanic and use direct impact for each projectile, much like the LBX.

SRM would become a less accurate, slow firing LBX, but with more damage and less weight. A perfect weapon for fast lights and mediums!

Edited by Kmieciu, 11 December 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#13 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

sorry to tell you but they are fine it is everything else that is broken.
please buy mc and hero mechs in abundance.

Then maybe they will consider fixing stuff.

#14 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 December 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I posted a hit detection thread for this patch too..

And if you read Paul's command chair post yesterday they are pushing out even more new mechs next patch. I don't think PGI told us the truth about fixing hit detection as the #1 priority. Their priority is to just "push" out as many mechs as possible and forget about everything else.

Well, I can't say that it is their priority to just push out gratuitous amounts of mechs. This upcoming patch it was expected to have a ridiculous amount of mechs considering the following:

-Addition of Sabre package, giving purchasers their Wolverines and Griffins to use.

-Addition of another one of the Phoenix mechs, available for purchase now to those who didn't buy the package. I imagine it will probably be the Thunderbolt.

-Most likely another Champion mech of some sort thrown into the mix.

I'd just like to see them work on hit detection for the SRMs honestly though at some point.

View Postaniviron, on 10 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Getting tired of posting in support of this thread.

Don't lose hope man! Just keep on keeping on and eventually we'll get there. At least it was acknowledged there was an issue. We just need to keep reminding them.

View PostBlackDrakon, on 10 December 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Keep going with it, ill back you up every patch until they fix them!

Thanks!

#15 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 10 December 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure they know about hit detection - also, SRMs are NOT broken except as a means of swatting lights. Particularly since they were buffed (hey, wasn't that a community-voted decision?) to compensate for the hit detection, they deal a lot of damage to larger targets. I use them whenever I can mount more than one on a short-range 'mech.

SRMs are broken. It was even acknowledged in one of their podcast thingys. He was talking about SRMs and how he actually experienced what the community is complaining about while playing. Basically they do work as intended, and do pretty good damage, but the SRMs fail to register hits on occasion.... like 70-75% of the time they work as intended however.

So what are we left with? Kind of an UltraSRM that has a mystery chance to "jam" and do no damage by not registering..... upwards of 30% of the time! You won't know this though because in-game it fires as normal, your crosshair will turn red, but no damage is dealt. This is the issue we have.

I don't want missles that magically do nothing and have a pretty damn good chance of doing so at the moment.

#16 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 10 December 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Opening an XML file and changing one number for three guns is too much work. Paul's got to practice his online Tetris.

ED: Small velocity improvement = Easiest fix by far. The slow velocity is why they have problems to begin with.

I don't really have a problem with velocity, especially if the bay door are left open and ****.

#17 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

Bump for SRMs.

The lack of decent brawling weapons like SRMs and lasers created this mess....

#18 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 11 December 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

SRMs are broken. It was even acknowledged in one of their podcast thingys. He was talking about SRMs and how he actually experienced what the community is complaining about while playing. Basically they do work as intended, and do pretty good damage, but the SRMs fail to register hits on occasion.... like 70-75% of the time they work as intended however.

So what are we left with? Kind of an UltraSRM that has a mystery chance to "jam" and do no damage by not registering..... upwards of 30% of the time! You won't know this though because in-game it fires as normal, your crosshair will turn red, but no damage is dealt. This is the issue we have.

I don't want missles that magically do nothing and have a pretty damn good chance of doing so at the moment.

I use SRMs with most brawling builds I have, and I haven't noticed that high of a failure rate - I know it happens but over 30% seems extreme. Can you show me the testing, or at least the podcast?

#19 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 December 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I use SRMs with most brawling builds I have, and I haven't noticed that high of a failure rate - I know it happens but over 30% seems extreme. Can you show me the testing, or at least the podcast?

Hmmm, if memory serves correct I think it was the NGNG #96 Podcast. I may be mistaken, but it's either that one or one of the ones around there.

http://mwomercs.com/community

Maybe 30% is too high a figure, but I'd say it's borderline at LEAST 20% from my experiences with the weapon, and my ping is usually ~40ms or lower every match consistently. I've tested the weapons myself because I enjoy using them, and I base my assumptions from using them against large mechs from close ranges (under 100meters) when I KNOW I should be hitting them with salvos.

Usually I'll be running a Cat-A1, an Awesome or one of my Battlemasters. All equipped with Artemis.

SRM hit detection is definitely wonky and PGI knows it.

Edited by NuclearPanda, 11 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#20 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

It is not your ping. I have near perfect hit detection (SRM or otherwise) playing from Poland, which means a ping of 130 or more. Clearly this goes deeper than your distance from the servers, or the issue would be solved by now.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users