Stil Posting This Every Patch - Please Fix Srms/hit Detection!

47 replies to this topic

#41 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 December 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

You're posting constantly, every time they patch and look for feedback on it, "until they get it fixed." That's nagging by definition: "to annoy by persistent faultfinding, complaints, or demands." You're not asking for an update on hit detection; you're pretending that they're not really trying to fix it, and "motivating" them by posting the same topic over, and over, and over. You can attempt to justify it if you wish, but you're not going to get away with arguing about the definition of the word "is" with me.

If you "don't like" to hear corrections to your erroneous claims, don't post them here.

/unfollow

So you know for sure PGI is working on the issue right now or what they intend to do? Please enlighten us and provide a link to demonstrate that, because all you're doing is making assumptions about what is the progress/state of the hit detection issue until you do so.

#42 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

It was in the announcements and Command Chair forums. You should have read the same announcements I did before you formed an opinion. I'm not obligated to correct your culpable ignorance, disingenuous requests for "sources" aside.

#43 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 December 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

It was in the announcements and Command Chair forums. You should have read the same announcements I did before you formed an opinion. I'm not obligated to correct your culpable ignorance, disingenuous requests for "sources" aside.

Correct, and now how long ago was that?

Are you starting to see the issue here or does it need to be literally spelled out for you. If nobody knows the status of how a well known serious issue is being dealt with then people are obviously going to be concerned. A little communication goes a long way..

Edited by White Panther, 14 December 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#44 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

So you know they're working on it, but pretended to need clarification. How disingenuous.

You're not asking for an update on hit detection; you're pretending that they're not really trying to fix it, and "motivating" them by posting the same topic over, and over, and over.

Are you starting to see the issue here, or do I need to literally spell it out for you? /ignore

#45 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 December 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

So you know they're working on it, but pretended to need clarification. How disingenuous.

Are you starting to see the issue here, or do I need to literally spell it out for you? /ignore

How would I know they're working on it? Or better yet how would you know? I'm really curious why you would just go on assuming such. You don't hear about something for a good long time but all of a sudden you pull out the crystal ball and assume its being worked on right now. Perhaps its been put on the back burner for all these clan mechs/cash grab. Thanks for proving our point by not providing a recent source though..

#46 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

*snip*lotsofrandomandincompetentremarkspossiblyresemblingasteamingpileofdonkeydung.gif*snip*

Glad you unfollowed friend! Your attempted, and rather spectacularily failed, counterarguements don't even deserve much of a response but unfortunately I have to deliver one straight into your domepiece.

Let me just embolden some of the facts:
  • This is Patch Feedback. A forum specifically to discuss the state of the game after every patch. SRMs/Hit Detection still broken? NuclearPanda is still posting.
  • In any current competitive situation SRMs are in fact broken as a brawling weapon. Please let me know what serious team doesn't laugh you out of the lance for loading up with SRMs.
  • It's a "meaningless assertion" that the only problem with SRMs currently is that they're unable to hit lights. Many of us here are getting annoyed with your "it's not happening to me so it doesn't exist" attitude. It exists fully against all mechs.
  • PGI has been "working on the issue" for a time period so long that I can't even begin to put a date on when things first went wrong. Does this mean we should all just forget about it and move on?
  • Yes it was addressed in a Command Chair post, with the exact wording of "We are aware there are still some issues surrounding hit detection, particularly with SRMs". This was on November 1st. We are going on now like 4 whole patches after this post. At that time they were "scheduling time for a closer look into why SRMs are suffering a loss in accuracy compared to other weapons" What is the status on this? Have they looked at it? Have they even started to schedule the time to "look" at it, considering we know currently they have done nothing to attempt to fix it over multiple patch cycles, or have they been too busy with pushing out outrageous Clan packages in a money grab instead of working on actual features/gameplay?
Yes I'm posting every patch. No, "I" am not looking for feedback personally. This is feedback for PGI. Not for you or me. This thread serves the purpose of being posted to address the issue, and to allow others who are experiencing the issue also, to come in here to say they have a problem as well.

So once again, thanks friend! I enjoy calling you out on your complete bull*censored*.

Edited by NuclearPanda, 16 December 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#47 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:06 AM

Sorry Panda.... not gonna happen.

https://twitter.com/...818308174319617

'So they can work on CW' which we won't see until October 2014 ......

#48 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 17 December 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Sorry Panda.... not gonna happen.

https://twitter.com/...818308174319617

'So they can work on CW' which we won't see until October 2014 ......

*grumble grumble grumble*

Well I PM'd one of the PGI staff who works on weapon stuff anyways yesterday. We'll see if I even get a response out of him.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users