24 replies to this topic

#21 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 08 December 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

Hmm no, if he has already mastered other assaults, he only needs to basic three variants, then sell 2 of them and the D-DC can be brought up to mastery. If that's the first assault ever, then yes, he has to get elite level on all of the three to unlock mastery.

This is correct. I was assuming (possibly incorrectly) this was your first assault 'mech OP, but Matrix is right if you've got others!

#22 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostAppogee, on 09 December 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Elite doubles you Basic efficiences - worth having!

Mastering gives you an extra module slot - worth having, but perhaps just let the XP mount up naturally until you unlock it.

This. Mastering is only useful once you have more modules that are useful in that mech than it can fit. For example I only own one module, and am debating the 2nd unlock/purchase. So the mechs I have Mastered don't really do much for me.

However since I earned the XP while having fun playing them, it's not a big deal. ;)

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 09 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#23 Dunark

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm a casual PUG player, but I've gone ahead and mastered my D-DC Atlas, even though I don't have enough modules to fill the slots - and it will take me quite a while to get enough GXP to unlock more modules. (I only have Adv Zoom & Adv Seismic right now.)

Unlocking the Basic and Elite (which gives X2 Basic) has helped my gameplay - I've got a W/L ratio of 1.27, and a K/D ratio of 2.47 over the course of 230 games - I consider this to be respectable, but a LOT of folks will handily trump these numbers.

#24 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yes,

Unlock all three, the x2 basic eff. make a world of difference.

I own all except the Board Head as of now, but I will own that one soon enough.

But only if you enjoy the slower pace of the Atlas.... they require alot more attention to your present position, and actually require one to plan where they should be in 60 sec. Not many other mechs really need to alot of forethought, just reaction. Atlas and Stalkers are different....

#25 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Boar's Head isn't a bad hero as far as heroes go, it's just that the DDC is more generally useful. Boar's Head would be a find cash grinder.

Now if Ghost Heat ever went away, the Boar's Head would be a terror with 6 Large.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users