Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

T-minus 2 hours 45 minutes and counting

#382 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

well, I'm sure everyone is off doing something they want to do before the year ends. Happy Mech Year everyone, don't forget to make your resolutions for 2014, enjoy peace out!

#383 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 30 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

That is really funny actually.

My average drop takes about 3 seconds to find one.

Edit: typo

must be nice to have a low ELO.

#384 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostRizzwind, on 31 December 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

must be nice to have a low ELO.

Near as I can tell, yes - I see a lot more very obviously new players than you might expect. :D

I also do not have to deal that much with the Meta on account of it - whatever builds I want can be effective - provided I actually know how the game (as opposed to the Meta) functions. :rolleyes:

Edit: for future reference, the place where you find the most players tends to be the middle, not the low. :P

Edited by Shar Wolf, 31 December 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#385 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

At last count I was on game number 120 with only seeing 14 new names.

#386 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

I popped in to see if the end of the year designer update had been posted... Oh well, better luck next year.

#387 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostApostal, on 31 December 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

So no 3rd Command Chair post or Dev Video within December... it's less then 3hr to 2014 where I am... so much for setting those goals and meeting them again...

View PostTekadept, on 31 December 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

I'm sure a white knight somewhere will come up with a good excuse soon :rolleyes:

Video was out last week sorry you guys missed it *sarcasm* :P :D

#388 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostImperius, on 31 December 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Video was out last week sorry you guys missed it *sarcasm* :rolleyes: :P

Well it probably does contain as much depth and information as we'll likely see from the Dev video...

#389 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yup that video was a damn joke! Took around 5 min in Adobe Premier Pro. Shows effing nothing!

#390 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostKunae, on 09 December 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Sorry, "2015" can't be implemented until UI 2.0, as it requires the new features it provides... :rolleyes:

Damn bottlenecks....

#391 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

emabarrassing or something...

#392 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

This is pretty sad. I was really hoping to justify spending money on clans, despite their horrible pricing...I really was. I want this game to succeed. But the way the devs are treating the community is encouraging me to join the NOPE movement. I wouldn't mind half the missed deadlines if they had told us ahead of time, and had acknowledged their mistakes and what went wrong. Complete silence shows disdain for their paying customers, and/or poor management

Never bite the hand that feeds. By alienating your founders/phoenix owners (also known as 'the whales), you will lose a large part of your revenue.

Just my two cents

#393 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

I feel your frustration. Perhaps you havent been here for very long but PGI is much better about communication than about a year ago. The delays now dont bother as much since they are telling us whats going on even if only very generally. I certainly agree that the prices are stupid high considering the lack of features and content such as CW. They say that there are loads of features just waiting for UI 2.0. Once that hits, the flood gates will open and many new features will hit. I also was MWO to succeed but I too will not spend any more big money on packs until this new content is added.

#394 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 01 January 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

I feel your frustration. Perhaps you havent been here for very long but PGI is much better about communication than about a year ago. The delays now dont bother as much since they are telling us whats going on even if only very generally. I certainly agree that the prices are stupid high considering the lack of features and content such as CW. They say that there are loads of features just waiting for UI 2.0. Once that hits, the flood gates will open and many new features will hit. I also was MWO to succeed but I too will not spend any more big money on packs until this new content is added.

What makes you think ui2.0 is even going to work? Already heard plenty of how terrible it is..likely not gonna see jack, I mean the entirety of 2013 was wasted on this game, what makes you think 2014 is going to be the year this game finally reaches it's potential? What makes you think we will even see cw this year? How is this game set to be competitive with other games? I dont even know why people continue to shove money at this game when it hasn't shown anything different or even better since closed beta in fact it has shown a lot of features though very flawed but still nice taken away like collisions and the ability to be knocked down which has been in the games for over a decade now...this game is pathetic.

I just bought a ps4 a week ago and in next few weeks gonna get the xbox1 though about waiting on it but the next gen sysytems overall have shown great promise since very few have been broken it's just the games that need to come out and boy will they put this to shame. I enjoye ac4 black flag quite a bit, but my time will be better spent on the next gen consoles I imagine there will be some pretty cool mech games that will make this look horrible.

I have had some good fun on this game but we still haven't seen anything worth putting money in and honestly if this game ends up shutting down I wont be sorry to see it go, when this game was announced I wanted a great single player story to go along with an awesome and fun mp, and they just couldn't do it. No publisher wants to help pgi with their track record and since it's such a small team not worth investing in, the fact they had a hand at duke nukem really gave me pause and it's pretty much been justified.

I'm about done with this game I've said it many times but keep hoping and coming back that it will get better but heck it's now 2014 and I rather play console games anymore those games at least will have a lot more to enjoy than pc games these last few years.

#395 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Happy New Year. I didn't expect to see some great new year-end updates but I logged on anyhow because I love disappointment apparently.

#396 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

@ Darth Bane001, It all comes down to hope. Ive been a MW fan since MW2 and many people much longer. Yes MWO is moving slow and the devs seem to be making illogical business decisions based on an unfinished product. No one is more frustrated than the fans so we can either hope and hold on or get fed up and break off. People need to handle their expectations. Im still here and playing but I'm taking the all hype and promotions with a grain of salt. Im not buying into more promos especially at those prices until I see major content added.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 01 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#397 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

I don't generally troll, but I absolutely *HAD* to comment on this one:

I just bought a ps4 a week ago and in next few weeks gonna get the xbox1 though about waiting on it but the next gen sysytems overall have shown great promise since very few have been broken it's just the games that need to come out and boy will they put this to shame

Top 3 troll responses:

3) I spent $400 on a phone. It has a stronger CPU/GPU combo than either console

2) You have HOW MANY crippled featured and/or redundant boxes attached to your TV?

1) Wow, for that money you could've bought a REAL computing device with some actual POWER!

(bonus: Not to mention seriously high end games, and not hampered by a big bulky plastic "noobstick")
(Double bonus: Can I get some punctuation with that run-on sentence?)
Ok, I'm done with that part:

Honestly, I didn't expect a darn thing from PGI, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm just gonna sit back and hang with my unit, continue to drop with them and shoot the sh**, and we'll see if PGI can start hitting their deadlines. *IF* they can do that and *IF* it's not so fault ridden that it's unplayable [50/50 shot] MAYBE if I can scrounge up the cash I'll bite on clan packages. I've already invested fairly seriously into this game, but part of that investment expects results. I'm not in a hurry tho, when we see results, I'll continue to invest. I've said this a few times, but: SOME Mechwarrior is better than *NO* Mechwarrior, so PGI just happens to have lucked out by being the only real game in town.

Edited by Sen, 01 January 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#398 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

don't log in much on the forums anymore but I had to log in just to like your post Sen.

#399 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostSen, on 01 January 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

I don't generally troll, but I absolutely *HAD* to comment on this one:

Top 3 troll responses:

3) I spent $400 on a phone. It has a stronger CPU/GPU combo than either console

2) You have HOW MANY crippled featured and/or redundant boxes attached to your TV?

1) Wow, for that money you could've bought a REAL computing device with some actual POWER!

It's people like you that embarrass other Texans.

Did it ever occur to you, that maybe he already has a high end computer? You look even more idiotic by comparing your phone to consoles. It's pathetic that you spent $400 on an object that spends the majority of it's time tucked away in your pocket or laying on a desk/counter/table charging; especially when you will probably replace it in the next two years just so you can spend another $400 or more.

Trolling indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users