5 replies to this topic

#1 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

With this thread, I'm just sharing some ideas I'd like to explore in relation to tweaking existing weapons and equipment and adding some more options in the future.

Projectile Weapons
  • Adjust Effective Ranges to be more realistic, so projectiles can deal full damage out to 1000 M
  • Velocities and ammo adjusted also.
  • As a result, projectile damage is reduced along with cooldown.
  • Heavy Gauss has a range of 300 M up to 600 M
  • ERPPC retain their 810 M range, PPCs, retain their 540 M range as Energy Weapons.
  • Clan ERPPC, should likely keep it's arcing damage pattern, but explore dealing 11 damage then, 3 and 1
  • MGs become a Projectile weapon.
  • Range Quirks, should then be adjusted to affect Velocity and/or Ammo Count for most Projectile Weapons
  • The PPC Capacitor when readily available in 3060, should function similar to the Artemis Upgrade for IS PPC weapons
  • LB-X and SB Gauss will fire Pellets at 1 damage each, with a tight spread
Posted Image

Hit-Scan Weapons
  • Damage, Heat, Cooldown and Beam Durations Adjusted to better accommodate newer Tech.
  • Cooldowns shortened, where Heat Management is still very important, and also should aid mechs with fewer Energy Hardpoints combined with Quirks to increase burst damage potential.
  • Flamer got deleted when adjusting list, but it would receive a Beam Duration and Cooldown with its 2 damage and 3 heat so that it cannot exponentially heat the user.
  • Clan Heavy Laser should have some sort of extra negative affect, possibly brief blinding due to brightness of beam for the user, and/or affect on the HUD.
Posted Image

Missile Weapons
  • Cooldowns raised to accommodate new tracking, Missiles will follow the crosshair / reticle until impact and to allow better mixing of different Launchers to available Mech Tube Counts
  • Quirks should be tweaked to affect Missile systems collectively, and Modules should also see changes.
  • Can have different styles of ripple fire patterns for missile systems.
  • Should test out the possibility of Fire and Forget capabilities for missiles.
  • Indirect Fire should see specific restrictions such as functioning with TAG and NARC.
  • Artemis will instead influence Missile response to crosshair / reticle movement instead of spread and Lock-on time.
  • Streaks would not be affected against ECM, and if Lock is lost, missiles stop firing until Lock is reacquired.
  • LRMs and Mortars would fly up to a range of 1000 M, before detonating, SRMs and MRMs, can reach out to 500 M.
Posted Image

Heat System, Quirks, Modules and Efficiencies
  • These weapon values, should work against a Heat Capacity of 30, plus Heat Sink count, where each Heat Sink, SIngle or Double, raises the value by 0.1 each.
  • SHS Dissipation should be tested at 0.2 or 0.25 each.
  • DHS Dissipation should be tested at 0.4 or 0.5 each.
  • Mech Tree Efficiencies should be replaced with a more dynamic system, such as re-purposing Quirks as Mech Efficiencies and/or utilizing more modules in a Modular Mech Efficiency system where the play can choose and sort modules into a limited number of slots.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 06 April 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Updated OP.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/23YbEsY.png

http://i.imgur.com/FZ8B0V9.png

Edited by Praetor Knight, 04 February 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

interesting mechanics, will have to ponder on the information in these graphs..............

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

I got to thinking about physical attacks from the original game, and wondered what those rules were, I looked up what I could about the rules for such attacks, and came up with this table:
Spoiler

Edited by Praetor Knight, 20 July 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Original Post
Spoiler

Also, new Poll in the future.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 20 July 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#6 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:40 AM

Updated ideas from mentions of advancing timeline. Old OP here.

Spoiler

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users