7768 replies to this topic

#21 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

So much money. Whats up with the $500 mechs at the bottom? Are they seriously charging that much for a single mech?

#22 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

To put things in perspective... things your can buy with that kinda money: A ps4, an ipad, a top of the line graphics card. HOLY HELL PGI. $GREED STAMP$ $$$.

Edit: Actually its about 10 dollars a mech if you break it down, and then some extra stuff thrown in. So long as you ignore the golden wangs. Its ok, but it is shocking from a pure numbers view.

Edited by ManDaisy, 13 December 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#23 MrMedallion

Rookie

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI, USA

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to NOT get the Timberwolf pack... AHHHH why so much money?!?!?!

#24 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Wow look at those prices. Sounds like a cash grab. "Give us tons of money and in about half a year you can have your Clan mechs, now stop bugging us already".

#25 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

no ui2.0. no cw. and they want two hundred and forty dollars to get the mechs i want.

i bought overlord and survived through all their {Scrap}. 240 dollars to get the actual good mechs, nah.

the game has become a cash grab. ill wait for the cbill variants ty.

#26 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I love how you igp/pgi continues to go for the money while not providing a single scratch of the things promised for over a year and half. we have two game modes, no CW to speak of, no private matches, and no factions/merc corps units to join.

Hey, guys that are ******* me, a paying customer, from the things we have been promised and have helped support, go fly a kite. get off your duffs and give the community what we want! CW and factions would be awesome, before we got those damned mechs, they shouldnt have even been announced till you got those 3 basic things done first...way to use your already limited staff for something other than game content.

******* ***hats....

#27 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 13 December 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Full resolution concept art. Give.

Renders or nothing.

#28 Samual Kalkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

[Redacted]

Now that Iunderstand your business model I will never buy another item from PGI again. I will probably play the game with what I have untill the Pay2Win scenario makes it unplayable, and then I will never play or buy another game that has anything to do with PGI

Congratulations on losing a paying customer.

Edited by Niko Snow, 13 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.
Redacted Vulgar Content

#29 rebelbrethren

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thankfully I'm more Inner Sphere than Vatgrown... but still.

Everyone wants the Timberwolf, and to get it early (assuming the Project Phoenix sales model) is $210.

Ouch.

Hope there's some other developments out in the next month or there'll be no end to the rage and QQ.

#30 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

More info, more content before I even contemplate spending more money on this game. I've already spent more than I spent in the entire of last year buying various full, complete games.

Show us you're doing something other than screwing our wallets, PGI, and you'll have some more cash from me.

Although, wtf $500 for ONE mech? I'm sorry, I'd rather buy a car.

Edit: Same post from the other thread.

#31 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

So What's The Exclusive Module And What Is A Warhorn? Oh, and if someone gets a gold warhawk + the warhawk package, will he have two warhawk primes with a 30% c-bill bonus, one of which is gold?

Also, is there a variant of the thor with the boxy, marauder style arm? I was really looking forward to that (to me, it's part of the classic look).

Edited by Sephlock, 13 December 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#32 Deathboon

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

does the $500.00 gold mech purchase include the $240.00 Maskari collection as well, or is it just a gold colored mech? because the only way i would even consider spending such a rediculous amount of money is if it did, and even then I think $240 should be the total price including the gold mech because otherwise these prices are just way out of control. You need to understand that $30.00 is considered a reasonable price for a complete game in digital download format, so to charge as much as you are for microscopic portion of a game is a little silly.

#33 KnightmareX13

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

The mechs I am interested in are too pricey, may change my mind on some of them once the hard points get released.

Edited by KnightmareX13, 13 December 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#34 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostCementblade, on 13 December 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

SO MUCH MONEY required.......
and no vulture either :)

Don't worry the Vulture will come when they add the "Vulture Reinforcement Package" for another $100.00.

#35 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I want it so bad, but **** this. Not until something I care about drops and we're beyond this mindless grind. I've got the money; PGI just needs to justify the purchase. I'm not going to dump $240 into an endless pit of promises.

And now a shameless plug for the article I wrote defending this sale: http://www.qqmercs.com/?p=3759

Edited by Homeless Bill, 14 December 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#36 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

noooooooooooo, why is the timberwolf so ugly!!!????? ugh...won't buy it.......

.however, the direwolf is fantastic, you made him perfect, can't wait to get that mech! :)

#37 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts

Feels like they want $240.00 or $500.00 even just for a glimps at concept art. I'm waiting on this package.

#38 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

What you see here in this thread PGI...?

It's called "The tipping point"

You didn't only reach it, you blew right past it. Only the whales are going to bite at these obscene prices, and even then, there are going to be much less whales.

#39 rebelbrethren

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Also, note - 3 VARIANTS just like Project Phoenix. So, not true "omnimechs" then? I thought the clan mechs were going to be one (probably expensive) base model and then free-for all hardpoints...

Guess I was wrong?

#40 D04S02B04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Seriously PGI,

The amount of monetisation on this IS OBSCENE. UNETHICAL. With your current pricing your threading on a damn thin line. Even real Pay 2 Win games aren't this insanely monetised.

I rather your product crash and fail, despite me having paid over a few hundred dollars into it, phoenix package and all.

For that insane amount of money people can buy a new Video Card or better yet, buy several other new games which will be better designed and have better balance.

Fix the ******* game instead of money grabbing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users