Gold Mechs Not Overpriced:

100 replies to this topic

#1 FarEYE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Think of how heavy mechs are. If you melt you mech down its going to be worth billions, this is really the best deal we will ever see in our life times!

#2 RocketFuelJunkie

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Price of Gold is dropping on Terra atm... Futures are on an all time high!

#3 Nabruic

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Indeed sir, you are correct. We'll be able to buy all the mechs we could ever want, woohoo.

#4 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostFarEYE, on 14 December 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Think of how heavy mechs are. If you melt you mech down its going to be worth billions, this is really the best deal we will ever see in our life times!

buy a dire wolf and melt it and get 100 tons worth of gold. time to over inflate the economy!

#5 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

where is the silver and copper mechs they are more valuable

#6 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

And then we get Diamond mechs next with 'Reinforcements' for only $1000 each.

#7 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Postluxebo, on 14 December 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

And then we get Diamond mechs next with 'Reinforcements' for only $1000 each.

Don't give them any ideas

#8 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Do you know what comes to mind about gold mechs?

The people who bought them turning around and whining because they cannot recolor their solid gold $500 mechs. Oh lordy.....

#9 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hi, is this the Star Citizen page? Cuz all I see is selling virtual items for ridiculous amounts of money and no real features for what? A year? I guess at least in MWO there is something unlike Star Citizen which is just promises and pretty pictures.

#10 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostJeremyCrow, on 14 December 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hi, is this the Star Citizen page? Cuz all I see is selling virtual items for ridiculous amounts of money and no real features for what? A year? I guess at least in MWO there is something unlike Star Citizen which is just promises and pretty pictures.

And a reasonably enjoyable actual game you can sit down and play whenever you want. There is that too. Not bashing Star Citizen, I hope it succeeds, but there is no product for SC right now that the people who bought into it can yet play. MWO has that, at least.

#11 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I actually agree that the gold mechs are not overpriced. can you even put a price tag on bragging rights?

#12 StormPaladin99

• PipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

$500 even for a super clan fan thats a lot of money for a peice of programming

#13 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

I don't see the problem with gold mechs, seeing as Gold is heavier than steel or Ti or alloy or whatever it is Mechs are made of they should be seriously limited on how much weaponry, armour and engines they can carry due to the excess weight of the chassis, Problem solved. PGI are onto something here, pay more for less. Oh wait they already do that.

#14 usualsuspect

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt/Germany

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

#15 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

There is hope and a lot of good signals from the devs. If you can't see the upside to a seasoned developer working without the strings attached by investors, developers or shareholders then yeah, it is mostly hype at this point. Although I can walk around in my ships, so assets do exist that I can interface with in engine. I don't think you can seriously overlook the benefit though as it means the funds they take in only go to make the game. Unless of course you think CR would take the money and run, but honestly, he has money. It is pretty clear what his intentions are and what his track record is.

Don't get me wrong, MWO has got over 1K from me so far and may well get the clan packs out of my wallet, but not gold mechs. They have to deliver some key features though that have been coming in 6 months for over a year now. I want to see PGI succeed but it is show me time. Show me private matches, UI 2.0 live, CW phase 1 and explain what a unique module is and you can have some money.

Edited by Jetfire, 15 December 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#16 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

You do know that Star Citizen and MW:O are two totally different business models? If you do, then your post is pretty sad and you need to do some more reading elsewhere about the differences.

#17 Jarvis Lancaster

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

View Postdal10, on 14 December 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I actually agree that the gold mechs are not overpriced. can you even put a price tag on bragging rights?

Can't put a price on blowing up someone's overpriced mech.
The founders tag is pretty good bragging rights. and no one sees it blow up when you loose a game.

#18 Tooninki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFinland/FRR

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think i will buy the 500$ E peen enlarger and then sell the chance to ******* away in that gold **** ingame...
It would make me a rich man,

Edited by Tooninki, 15 December 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#19 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Honestly, the only issue I really have with it is the unfortunate and entirely inappropriate player hunting player on same team backlash. If someone has a problem with PGI or IGP, that is fine. However, when the community of gamers attacks itself maliciously that is not ok. It has been a decade since the last mechwarrior title, and there is a very real threat of no more mechwarriors, ever, if the community kills the game due to our actions on our own community.

Limit discontent to the policy makers, not those with less sense than money.

#20 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think it's great that PGI is coming out with some really expensive items to buy that aren't P2W to help fund their game, note I say their game. If you look at SC they had stuff expensive enough to buy a car, a real one. So I'm glad they are coming up with some higher tax bracket items for those with the money to buy. I won't be one of them, as $500 goes a long way in my family, but if you have the money to blow on it then go for it and I will be blinded by the golden gleam of your purchase as I take joy in shooting you as an enemy and stay the F away from you if you are on my team.

I will say that IGP/PGI has questionable timing (right after the announcement of no CW and UI2.0) and seems to lack an understanding that what this game needs is what the community has been asking and screaming for to be viable long enough to make it a great game and get their profit out of it. Lots of people are exiting and going to other games and even spending money that could have been use on MWO to fund HeavyGear by MekTek just to spite IGP/PGI (I'm not one of them, yet). I fail to understand why they shoot yourselves in the foot over and over. Goodluck with clans and may you find a way back to having the loyalty of the community someday.

Edited by Werewolf486, 15 December 2013 - 01:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users