Gold Mechs Not Overpriced:

100 replies to this topic

#21 Vorloni

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Golden mechs??? You will boil in those when you fire your lasers!! No sir, not even 5 billion credits you could get me in that thing...

#22 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

all of you realize that every time you drop in your gold mech you will be team killed?

#23 Redbeard the Elder

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationChillicothe Ohio

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

The golden mechs will undoubtedly look great, but shiny golden mechs are going to be public enemy number one. These mechs better be loaded to the gills and piloted by a god to survive to the end of a match. Good luck to anyone willing to drop the cash on one of these.

#24 gasolinehands

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I c wut u did there

;)

:excl:

#25 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

#26 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postluxebo, on 14 December 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

And then we get Diamond mechs next with 'Reinforcements' for only $1000 each.

Brought to you by Zales?

#27 Blue Spectre

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

i stared at the screen in dumbfounded disbelief for ten minutes thinking it has to be, just HAS to be a prank. the nigh price of a brand new next gen gaming system for a mech that has a color??? (gold) no i chuckled its just to far feteched let me read up on this i said. then in growing horror i realized, they are litterally trying trying to pull this off. hundreds of dollars for a set of 8 different PIXELS arrangements, and hundres more, half a grand, for a color. A SINGLE DAM FREAKING COLOR folks. this youtube post here pretty much how all the fans feel right now

#28 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostStormagedon99, on 14 December 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

$500 even for a super clan fan thats a lot of money for a peice of programming

I'm still trying to figure out how data can be "Limited Edition", when said data can be copied or replicated by a clever enough hacker.

#29 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostBlue Spectre, on 15 December 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

i stared at the screen in dumbfounded disbelief for ten minutes thinking it has to be, just HAS to be a prank. the nigh price of a brand new next gen gaming system for a mech that has a color??? (gold) no i chuckled its just to far feteched let me read up on this i said. then in growing horror i realized, they are litterally trying trying to pull this off. hundreds of dollars for a set of 8 different PIXELS arrangements, and hundres more, half a grand, for a color. A SINGLE DAM FREAKING COLOR folks. this youtube post here pretty much how all the fans feel right now

I don't recall Mack ever saying anything good, so I'm disinclined to agree with him on anything... except for the cost of the gold mechs, they are not a good value. I can't help but laugh at how ******** he is about the "most loyal Followers" spiel, anyone even remotely intelligent can see it's brand loyalty marketing, meaning it will appeal to only the most obsessed players who must have the prestige at any cost. I'll happily settle for either the Masakari or Thor collections myself (I'd rather pay $240 for 24 mechs, the bays to go with them, extra modules, and digital concept art than $500 for a single mech whose only real value is clearly {Richard Cameron} measuring.)

The founders and phoenix packs were a risk to buy as well, it's like a futures investment: You're investing money in a new product with the belief you will get some kind of return, even though that product's success is not guaranteed. I will however point out that PGI has delivered the mechs they promised in these mech packs, and so far they have delivered them on the promised date. I currently have a saber reinforcement in the pipe, and I currently have no reason to suspect that PGI won't honor it. (seeing as how they should be released tomorrow, we'll find out soon enough.)

In all fairness, CW does seem to be on the back burner, but I highly doubt these packs are being offered with the intent to milk what money they can from the game before it dies. PGI has stated several times that this is a labor of love on their part, When you consider how absolutely broken the fanbase is, I can't picture any sane person even wanting to touch an IP like this knowing that obsessed neckbeards in the community will rage and scream heresy at any and all changes unless they already had a passion for said IP, and an honest desire to see it succeed, simply because of all the complete **** they'd have to take from the fan dumb. I honestly think the Clan mech pak is more to keep people interested in the game while they work out CW and the 2.0 UI. Don't assume that because you dislike a mechanic in the game, or hate the delays in CW, it is the result of malicious intent on the part of developers.

#30 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostJeremyCrow, on 14 December 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hi, is this the Star Citizen page? Cuz all I see is selling virtual items for ridiculous amounts of money and no real features for what? A year? I guess at least in MWO there is something unlike Star Citizen which is just promises and pretty pictures.

Except in Star Citizen, you can run around your hangar, looking at your pretty ships today.

When will you even get to look at your Clan 'Mechs? In six months. If PGI and IGP even make it that long.

#31 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostStormagedon99, on 14 December 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

$500 even for a super clan fan thats a lot of money for a peice of programming

as a programmer I beg to differ, we are speaking of a data set, not code ..

#32 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

Edited by Karma Police, 16 December 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#33 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

So we will conquer the IS. We let their financial Systems crash with tons of Gold and wipe the survivors out. Nice Tactics... Snow Ravens would you beginn please.

:)

#34 Randomm

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Here is what we know right now - the price of a golden mech is $500.

If they don't sell, the price was too high. If they do sell, the price was not too high. Just because you don't want it, can't afford it, or think it is over priced is not relevant. It is what the market thinks. Limited & Luxury demand higher prices....I don't pay $1,000,000,000 for a car, but there are a few people that do.

#35 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Nobody's forcing anybody to buy anything, that's something that everyone should understand. $500 for a gold 'Mech? Can't afford it? Don't like it? Don't think it's a good value? Then don't buy it. The gold 'Mechs aren't for you.

The gold 'Mechs are for people who love that 'Mech like England loves tea. They're going to be rare on the battlefield; extremely rare. How many people are going to shell out for a golden MadCat? Maybe twenty? Awesome. That's the plan. They're high priced specifically because they're supposed to be rare.

#36 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

at first when i got the email about Clan mechs..i was happy, and thought a friend who is a die-hard Clan-only fan in Mechwarrior games would be too

now i dont think ill even bother to tell her...shed kill for a Timberwolf...but not at that price

and the Golden Mechs? good god, i think PGI needs to put the meth down, their clearly hallucinating in a very horrible way

>_<

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

I remember back quite a few years where a News article talked about the insanity of on line gamers buying virtual weapons (in this case a Vorpal Sword) for $100 cash! Inflation seems to not affect stupidity. $500 for a metallic Skin... talk about a Golden Fleece! ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 17 December 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#38 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

And yet it is worth it to some people. Why, I do not know....

#39 FarEYE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostRandomm, on 16 December 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Here is what we know right now - the price of a golden mech is $500.

If they don't sell, the price was too high. If they do sell, the price was not too high. Just because you don't want it, can't afford it, or think it is over priced is not relevant. It is what the market thinks. Limited & Luxury demand higher prices....I don't pay $1,000,000,000 for a car, but there are a few people that do.

No one has ever paid a billion dollars for a car. and I hope there is only 1 golden mech of each kind and they still have not sold them!

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 December 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

And yet it is worth it to some people. Why, I do not know....

See PT Barnum for your answer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users