Greed

8 replies to this topic

#1 AJBRAXX

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hello to whom this may concern.
admirer
I have been an admirer of the Mechwarrior/Battletech Universe for a long time I've played the Video games and I have even played the board games in tournaments with real Mechwarrior's and I have to say that I'm a little taken back that this web site that I have heard so much about is nothing but scam to make money off of hard working middle class guy's who are just looking for an outlet to continue and enjoy the BattleTech/Mechwarrior Universe. And what I mean by that is, I decided that I would start taking part in the battles and get my profile and account going and I see that the favorite part of my reading of the BT/MW Universe the Invasion of the Clans Series and start seeing that the prices to play are rediculous and the cost of decent Mechs are outragious $500.00 for a Timberwof(Madcat) are you people out of your mind, that's half my rent.

It is quite clear why there are complaints about while playing that if you don't have the big money to play your pretty much left out.

Quite frankly Mechwarrior on line is for those who have big money to play, becuase without it you don't get the credits you need and you don't get the better Mechs and that's sad. At least with the board game if you won a tournement you could a get a pin or even a Mech.

I am really sad about this whole matter.

AJ Braxx

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Uhm ... you do realize of course that ALL those shiny clan 'mechs will be released for in-game c-bills, wich you earn by playing(for free). You have the option to pay to get those shiny new 'mechs EARLIER and maybe some snazzy gold-skin on your favorite robot. Nobody demands any money from you to play this game, you do not have to spend money to be able to win.
What are you whining about ?

#3 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

You have misunderstood the whole thing there, AJ.

You can play the entire game and purchase every single standard 'Mech with C-Bills. All weapons are available with C-BIlls as well. It will cost you no money whatsoever.

The Clan 'Mechs will be available for C-Bills. The people who pay real money for them simply get them sooner, and they get a version of each one that has a 30% C-Bill bonus. There are some other bonus items that come in the package. However, none of that is required to play or win.

You can go ahead and apologize now, for accusing the game of being something it so obviously isn't.

#4 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

The outcry has nothing to do with the price of the mechs, as stated above everyone knows they will be able to get them with cbills later.

The outcry is because this is coming before some other fundamental features.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 14 December 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

The outcry has nothing to do with the price of the mechs, as stated above everyone knows they will be able to get them with cbills later.

The outcry is because this is coming before some other fundamental features.

The outcry is from people who don't know what they are talking about.

We already know that we will see DirectX 11 and the first buggy version of UI2.0 likely in January. They have already said that there will be weekly bug fixes coming out for them.

The pre-orders are for something that won't be in the game for seven months. We will have two new game modes (Skirmish, a.k.a. Team Death Match next patch in December, plus Attack/Defend Mode later), a new map (HPG Manifold), a stable version of UI2.0 and DirectX 11 and at least the first phase of CW by then.

OP's outcry was because he thought the Clans were pay only. He was not a part of the "everyone" group that knew they will be able to buy the 'Mechs with C-Bills.

#6 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 14 December 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

The outcry is from people who don't know what they are talking about.

We already know that we will see DirectX 11 and the first buggy version of UI2.0 likely in January. They have already said that there will be weekly bug fixes coming out for them.

The pre-orders are for something that won't be in the game for seven months. We will have two new game modes (Skirmish, a.k.a. Team Death Match next patch in December, plus Attack/Defend Mode later), a new map (HPG Manifold), a stable version of UI2.0 and DirectX 11 and at least the first phase of CW by then.

OP's outcry was because he thought the Clans were pay only. He was not a part of the "everyone" group that knew they will be able to buy the 'Mechs with C-Bills.

Really I heard this same ***** last year(about dx11 and 2.0ui). Till I see it in patchnotes i will not believe. 2nd it will be 6 month or Dec next year before the nerfed timi{iconic mech} will be available for cbills. That pay to play. next skirmish lol it the same as the modes we have now with out cap. I should not have taking more then a month to code that, so calling it new is {Scrap}. Again till i see it is vaporware.

Edited by warp103, 14 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Nope.

Pay to receive early, yes.

Pay to play, no.

#8 LoneGunman

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hold on a tic...the $500 mechs are those stupid gold-plated drug-dealer mechs. Granted $240 is a lot for the non-drug-dealer mechs but you're getting every single one (just the primes at an average of $14/per add up to $116 and that assumes you buy 25k MC at $99.95...buy the lower tiers and you're getting less MC per dollar so you're paying more for those mechs), plus $30 in premium time and various medallions, titles, and other {Scrap} that technically has value but really that's up to the buyer. And, in the end, as stated above, holy {Scrap}! You don't have to buy anything! Come June, just put out some C-bills and you've got yourself some Clan tech.Plus, you can be sure there are going to be unique hero/prime and champion versions after June because they want to make more money.

As someone who's helping fund this venture with the MC I buy and the mechs I buy (I did participate in the Project Phoenix pre-order), I can assure you that reading the FAQ and paying attention will show you that you can play on my dime all you want. It's harder and takes longer to buy mechs and some mechs (hero/prime) just can't be bought but honestly, those hero mechs are rarely any better than standard mechs. More often than not, you're paying for a unique mech with some extra gear (all of which can be bought with C-bills) that varies by a hardpoint or two. And, that hardpoint is generally not going to give you much of an advantage as my k/d demonstrates. If anything, I usually get the hero mechs I like because they're a) a chassis I already like, :unsure: on friggin' sale, and c) they give me more C-bills (just like premium time) so I can buy equipment sooner that I would just grinding away without paying.

If you want to lament anything, ask why we don't have community warfare yet or UI 2.0. But don't complain about an expensive pre-order that you and anyone else can just walk away from without any problem. It's like those people that complain about collector's editions with high prices. If there wasn't demand, they wouldn't offer them. It might not be you that's demanding it but obviously somewhere out there are pimps who want to bling out their mechs and show off just how much they paid to suck at piloting it. :P

#9 SigGuard

• PipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

my biggest gripe with this game specially with its marketing scheme, is that it really focuses to much on the pay to move faster. premium time and mechs with 30% c-bill gain increase cuts down play time really far and MC really just renders it inert. this game is not one for people with time constraints who only want to play one or two games per day and be able to futs with the build they want and move on.

thier market scheme is set to; "well we know you really want these mechs, so we will make so you ether have to spend a brand new game price or buy the whole package to get the mech you want early" i really dont care for this because i would have spent 20-40 bucks to get the timber wolf package because im ganna be honest only reason i came to play this game was because i wanted to play my favorite mech of all time. the mad cat. but im not ganna spend 210 bucks on a SET of mechs that i would never play to get the one i wanted. i am also not going to grind my *** off for the next 3 months racking in 50k c-bills a game just so i can play the one variant and then, try to get the other 2-3 variants to unlock the other pilot skills...

i have seen other free to play games offer better standards of grinds and time consumption to the point where i forgot about this game and left it to die. only reason why i am here posting is because i have truly had enough of IGP/PGI **** that i can no longer stand to hold in my frustration.

you want a good example on how to market your {Scrap}? go look at marvel heroes with the release of their new advanced pack that pretty much does everything this clan pack for mechwarrior does and for quadruple the amount of {Scrap} and for almost 1/3 their prices. go look at warframe, that game is a time consuming train. takes 3 days after waiting twelve hours to make the pieces parts to the make a new frame to play that you can earn in game! everything in warframe is earned in a timely manner could take a day to a week *for those with time constraints*

mechwarrior is a steaming train wreck to the point where my dad is now fed up with them and wont by the clan pack *did buy the whole of the phoenix project* and is now out right pissed about this pack and the lack of anything happening to mechwarrior that is meaning full.

they rolled back clan invasion, its taken them 3 times as long to put things needed/required to make the game fun/better or fix broken content and personally other games have stamped out more content and given away more goodies in a single year *check marvel heroes online its almost a year out and put our 4 times as much stuff then mechwarrior*

if IGP/PGI do ramp up production and put out by the time this sale is done and release by june i doubt they will have much of a game left. most of my clan left. most of my new friends i made playing this game left, MY DAD who is a huge fan of mechwarrior/battletech is done with this game who im sure would spend money on this game had it continued in the direction it was going.

so this is the last thing i will post for now until something meaningful happens...till then, enjoy you mindless grind and pay to be happy.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users