Ability To Rearrange Mech Bay

31 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

For the people that have bought more than 12 mechs it would be nice to be able to arrange them inside of the mech bay. I would like to be able to put all my Jenners together, my Hunchies together, my Atlas together, ect. I get tired of having to scroll back and fourth to see what I have where on the same type. Shouldn't be a hard fix and would make the bay more accessible. Thanks Devs!

Edited by Kenshar, 06 December 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#2 Goreshade

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 76 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKissimmee, Florida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

This is a problem for people with OCD. I can't stand having my mechs in a mess, they need order and organization. STRUCTURE DARN IT! LOL, but really yes the mech bay isn't the best for selection and order. I hear all my merc corps buddies complain about it too. It does need some attention as well with scrolling through all your mechs when you're selecting from the bunch. Once you get about 20+ mech bays, it starts taking longer and longer to scroll through the mechs to reach the ones on the end. Just becomes a pain.

Suggestion: It needs to scroll up and down, not left and right, that way you can preview 6 mechs at a time(having mouse over mouse wheel would be a big help too). As well, you need to be able to drag and drop mechs or a button to organize the mechs by weight.

Edited by Goreshade, 07 December 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 Camulos

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

My OCD votes yes for this!!!! Allow us to rearrange our Mech Bays!

#4 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I agree, though I like how how they are ordered in the pilot tree; categorized by size and type (The 4 selections you get provides my variety outlook just fine).

#5 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Supported!

The scrolling up and down to view 6 mechs at once is a good idea.

#6 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

I disagree with this post because I am even more OCD than the rest of you. I have my CTF 1-x, 2-x, and 3-d sitting in a row. Next up is my 4-x, and only THEN will I purchase a Murormets, because I am actually organizing my mechs in my mechbay with SKILL.

DEVS PLEASE DO NOT NERF MECHBAY ORGANIZING. LEAVE IT TO THE PROS LIKE ME.

#7 _Speirs

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Mechbay should be arrangable. Scrolling is painfull.
There also could be filters implemented (lights/mediums/heavies/assaults and IS/clan in future :lol: )

#8 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Simple little drop down button..

Sort By:

Chassis
Firepower
Class
???

#9 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I just want to be able to put all the mechs I am currently running at the front of the line.

#10 p4g3m4s7r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Also, let us rename mechs. If I realize a variant is better at something than I initially thought, I shouldn't have to buy a new one to make sure I've indicated this. But ya, a generally more customizable mechbay would be super duper.

#11 RolleRocker

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

filtering don't have to be that difficult to implement i would think.
just add a few more selection under owned mech in the mech inventory on the mechlab tab.

#12 Artifex 28

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

TBH, they should rework the whole launcher // mechlab. It's terrible.

#13 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

I strongly support that the mech bay should be more "user friendly" and re-organizable to accommodate a more crowded mech hangar.

However, since soon rearm/repair will be gone, the "select mechs for the home tab" feature will be more useful. In the past I simply didn't use it, because I wanted to manually repair my mechs all the time (I wanna know my costs ;) in the mech bay. To me, the "select mech" feature was only for those who have "auto rearm/repair" enabled all the time. Now, if all my mechs will be "always ready" for free, the home screen is actually of use to me.

#14 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Bump for this in next patch!!!!!!

#15 Arkanum

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I agree completly. A rearangable Mech-Selection is a great step toward a more userfriendly Access to the Mechbay...

#16 Aeon Eterna

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

And still no news from this front. And new mechs just keep on piling up and cluttering my mechbay. Can't find my mechs anymore. Guess the devs have more pressing matters now as the FW closes in, but after that... I need it soon, with Project Phoenix mechs incoming as well.

#17 TurboZombie

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

It was mentioned that U.I. 2.0 will feature this.

http://mwomercs.com/...c/117053-ui-20/

#18 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

Agree. The mech bay is a huge and important part of the game. I still want to see a mech mechanic added at some time to lvl up. I forget their name again "mechtech"? Anyway, would be great to see.

Also would be nice at some time if they make the mech bay first person also, be able to take a trolly down the mech bay and check the mechs out and stuff :P

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 August 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#19 GadoGado

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

I think it's a good idea to optimized the mechtree feature, choosing mechs from mechtree page would be nice. So the devs no need to make new interface for sorting mech in the mech lab. Just go to mech tree and choose the mech.

Edited by Pras Atreides, 19 August 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#20 MrCosplayGuy

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'd like to tip my hat to this request as well. Please let me organize my mech bays!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users