Can I.s. Houses Use Clammer Mechs In Cw?

72 replies to this topic

#1 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Ok lets "pretend" i (a house Davion Loyalist) drops $4240.00 on some clan mechs. Could i use those mechs to defend the Inner Sphere? And if I can, hows that related to the lore of 3050? Has there been any info on this subject? And if not, then why would an IS loyalist buy a clan package?

Edited by Slater01, 26 December 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

I believe so there was a twitter post where someone asked more or less the same thing.

Paul_Inouye you'll be able to select a faction even if you buy the clan collection.[/color]

Based on that I would assume that you can[/color]

Edited by Mr Titan, 17 December 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#3 Lancer Deistler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationStationed with the 8th Arcturan Guards at Here

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Maybe you can choose one IS and one Clanner faction. So if you play with an IS mech you will fight for the IS faction and if you fight in a clan mech you fight for your clan faction. That's how i would handle the whole thing. Otherwise they would limit access to game content for players severely.
Another option would be an alternative account.

Edited by Lancer Deistler, 17 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#4 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well, we know that the "current" design of CW is that anyone can willy-nilly change their faction alliance.

So it could easily be possible that a player can own both sets of mechs (IS and Clan) but can only use one set of mechs when your faction is set to an IS House while you can use the other set when the faction is set to one of the Clans.

This won't limit any player to a set type, allow for one account to play all factions, and keep the game pure tech.

The only issue here is that one match you could be fighting with one player with an IS House while the next match you could be going up against the same person in a Clan.

#5 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Clans and cw are not out yet, so most of what is discussed could be speculation. If it's solaris style games i think it might be free for all.

Btw, your title is the funky.

#6 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

So in other words, I might be able to use Clan mechs when doing Davion missions, but no guarantee. I sure wish PGI would make a statement about things like this. No wonder morale for PGI stinks. ;)

#7 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I guess.. it all lands in the same Mech pool...clanstuff will cost 1 1/2 the IS-equivalent price. "we deemd that its fair to all who want to play all Mechs can do so, without restriction".

Btw how can anyone spend 240$ not knowing this?

#8 Nasty McBadman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPhilly 'Burbs

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Title is so confuse , much question, hard is meaning understanding.

I do not like the idea of swapping between clan and IS all willy-nilly, I hope that is not the idea.

#9 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

While this is speculation, my prediction is that there will not be any faction specific mechs for either the IS or Clans. At least not any that are currently available for Cbills, MC, or cash. Maybe when CW is here and loyalty points are in game there might be mechs that can be unlocked for factions, but those will not be any of the ones we have now, including the Clan Invasion.

#10 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

At this point in time, skirmishing along the periphery has been going on for at least a year. You've also got units like Wolf's Dragoons running around for YEARS with clan tech. And of course there are always those who manipulate situations for their own gain... I wouldnt think it'd be outside the realm of possibility for a handful of designs to have fallen into IS hands

#11 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostJohn McFianna, on 18 December 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

I guess.. it all lands in the same Mech pool...clanstuff will cost 1 1/2 the IS-equivalent price. "we deemd that its fair to all who want to play all Mechs can do so, without restriction".

Btw how can anyone spend 240$ not knowing this?

I havent spent a cent, but if I or someone else wanted too, is why i ask.

#12 Bruce13F4O

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIN OKLAHOMA

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

If i'm not mistaken in at least one of the books I've read about battletech it was discovered that one of the mercenary units was descended from the clans. If I'm not mistaken it was the Wolf's Dragoon's.
Hope this helps....Natasha Kerensky(Black Widow)
Wolf's Dragoons
In 3004 she joined Wolf's Dragoons during their long-term intelligence mission into the Inner Sphere, leaping at the opportunity to see combat duty even though it involved a de-facto demotion to Point Commander, serving under the command of the brothers Wolf. Natasha Kerensky quickly rose through the ranks of Wolf's Dragoons. During the unit's employment with the Federated Suns, she apparently came to the attention of a young Hanse Davion.

Edited by Bruce13F4O, 19 December 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#13 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostBruce13F4O, on 19 December 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

If i'm not mistaken in at least one of the books I've read about battletech it was discovered that one of the mercenary units was descended from the clans. If I'm not mistaken it was the Wolf's Dragoon's.
Hope this helps....Natasha Kerensky(Black Widow)
Wolf's Dragoons
In 3004 she joined Wolf's Dragoons during their long-term intelligence mission into the Inner Sphere, leaping at the opportunity to see combat duty even though it involved a de-facto demotion to Point Commander, serving under the command of the brothers Wolf. Natasha Kerensky quickly rose through the ranks of Wolf's Dragoons. During the unit's employment with the Federated Suns, she apparently came to the attention of a young Hanse Davion.

It's that MechWarrior Online may have matches where it's Inner Sphere vs Clans, and both teams are sporting 12 Omni Mechs per side. Sounds rather lame to me.

So I'm having a little difficulty believing that if I'm playing in Community Warfare and I'm on a the Davion Team I will/should not be able to field an Omni Mech or Clan weapons. At least not in 3050.

And what really gets me is that theres no official information on this. Yet they are dangling the Clan mech package like a carrot on a string. Just fricken stupid! These guys are seriously desperate or something. We need some answers. (as per usual)

Edited by Slater01, 21 December 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#14 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'd like to see limits on the amount of omni's IS could bring to fights

#15 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I think it's okay that a player can own 'Mechs from both sides of that conflict on their account, but I too would like to see certain limits - such as the choice of faction determining which 'Mechs will be available from the garage for play.

Given that players can, in theory, switch factions on a whim (supposedly with some sort of penalty like a loss in Loyalty Points), they would thus have access on all 'Mechs they own depending on which side they want to play for. There could even be the exception of membership in the Wolf's Dragoons canon regiment (which, as per previous announcements, would become available after "grinding" through other factions) that would unlock all 'Mechs simultaneously.

Ultimately, I just don't want to lose the feeling of Clan vs Inner Sphere combat by both sides playing the same. And I would much rather see Clan pilots joining an IS faction, or IS pilots joining the Clans, than both sides dropping with the same 'Mechs. At least faction switch can be justified in the background (the practice of Clans taking prisoners as Bondsmen, or offering themselves as Bondsmen to the enemy), but it just feels a bit too early for half the IS players salvaging Clan 'Mechs from the battlefield.

#16 Bruce13F4O

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIN OKLAHOMA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

I had to reach way back in the brain housing group for this one.....But the innersphere did eventually adopt omni mechs and begin to produce them.....The Owens is intended to be an OmniMech upgrade of the Jenner BattleMech. The intended role for the Owens is as a cavalry 'Mech that can move along the enemy lines and designate targets for bombardment with Arrow IV artillery attacks. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Owens
So the Devs could technically release a package of innersphere omni mechs at the same time that would be omni mechs that would be exclusively based on innersphere omni mechs...would probably make everyone happy.

#17 Chocolater

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

This was my question exactly. I am pleased with how PGI has changed the pricing and listened to the community! I was planning on getting the masakari pack but I hope it doesn't pigeonhole me with loyalty issues. Also if UI2.0 rocks and there is good communication and announcements with the CW I would consider purchasing the expensive ones to support the game, but I just cant get past an additional $260 bones for a mech that I am not sure if I would totally like (obviously leaning towards Timberwolf). Who knows I guess....

#18 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

At present, we have no idea, but logically, a pilot fighting for an IS faction should not be able to pilot a state-of-the-art Clan 'mech. It would seem rather pointless having IS 'mechs and Clan 'mechs if both factions can mix and match at will.

I would assume (as in most other games) that even after CW has dropped, there will still be a 'Quick Match' mode where you can do whatever the hell you like without it affecting your loyalty, or the CW state.

#19 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Keep in mind that in the IS...

House Davion, Steiner, Kurita, Com Star, and Mercs all ended up with units that sported clan gear.

#20 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

I really think that Clan mechs on the "opposite" faction should require salvage to repair.

That means if you bring a Clan mech on the "IS" mech at this stage, you can only repair the Clan stuff if you have "another" Clan piece of equipment in mind.

InnerSphere player running a Mad Cat with CLRM/20s, CERLLs, CMPLs and an XL 300, gets destroyed and the death has both ears torn off and the CT destroyed.

To repair this, the InnerSphere player needs to get a number of Clan FF armor equal to it missing, CLRM/20 to repair the two damaged ones, and another XL 300 to repair the old damaged one. I would do a suggestion that you can repair 2% of damaged stuff with 1% of salvage stuff.

This will limit opposite material on each side until it becomes wide spread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users