#1 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

not really a spoiler, but...

..who else wants a thirty minute loop of the "elvish healing" scene? :huh: :blink: *

* Soundtracked by Foghat's "Slow Ride"

Edited by juxstapo, 28 December 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#2 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Needs More Mechs.

#3 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Waiting on the part where Smaug sneaks up behind her, holds her in his mouth then with minimal effort bites her body in half. At least the last scene of the movie shows Smaug's grim smile. :)

#4 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Great film! The barrel riding fight scene stands out as one of the best in recent memory. I re-read the hobbit prior to watching to get back up to speed. I'm with Marack on the new characters/plot tweaks...I don't think they hurt the story. I've enjoyed the 5 movies thus far.

I for one welcome Peter Jackson's speculations on what Gandalf is up to when he keeps bailing on the dwarves in The Hobbit. The book doesn't go into too much detail on this in most cases. I always assumed he was off restocking on pipeweed!

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostSon of the Flood, on 24 December 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I for one welcome Peter Jackson's speculations on what Gandalf is up to when he keeps bailing on the dwarves in The Hobbit. The book doesn't go into too much detail on this in most cases. I always assumed he was off restocking on pipeweed!

The books actually do say that he was off helping the other wizards fight "The Necromancer", but not much more than that is said.

If I recall correctly ....
Spoiler

But cannot remember where I heard that from, so I may very easily be wrong

In spoilers because I have not seen either Hobbit movie yet, so I do not know what has or has not been said...

Edited by Shar Wolf, 24 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#6 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 20 December 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

The Children of Hurin

Kek

AkA: You dun goofed book

#7 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

So Sauron is a necromancer eh? If a person is still alive and 'he' tries to revive an already living spirit then it wouldn't be necromancy would it?

This is akin to adding an additional personality to an already existing one. If a loser thinks someone is lame why do they resort to murder to make a change?
i'll tell you trying to change someone's behavior through hate and violence portends signs of red and rum.
Bloodied hands may be washed clean with a bar of white soap.

Here come the coonies!!!

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

Honestly i did not like very much the movie.. But i enjoyed Tauriel's appereance :unsure: :ph34r:

She is the actress .. :o :D :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 25 December 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#9 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 December 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Honestly i did not like very much the movie.. But i enjoyed Tauriel's appereance :D :D

She is the actress .. :o :lol: :blink:
Posted Image

A little eye candy never hurts! If I can make one criticism of Tolkien it's that his books are a little light on the ladies. Fortunately George R.R. Martin has made up for it in Game of Thrones! :D

I do hope Tauriel gets some screen time in the next film. :)

#10 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

There's the part where Morgoth betrays Illuvetar similiar to 'you-know-what" but I am wondering the part of Morgoth's lieutenant Sauron. He tricks Elves, Humans, and Dwarves with the rings but he fails to hold on to power after the war of the ring. If he is reviving himself to conquer middle-earth, then how is that 'necromancy' if that is the 'agenda' anyways? :P

#11 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hated the hobbit, it was the first time since i was in my early teens that i wanted to acually leave the theater becuase i was bored out of my skull, that dinner scene was the most tedious thing ever...seriously could be used as a form of torture. To my irony im taking my nephew to see Desolation tomorrow, cuse of course he wants to see it... ;)

#12 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 December 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

You have no good taste in movies. I thought it was great. Or it could be you are like my brother and rate movies on how many big booms, explosions, and decapitations and violence and gore is in it. Or you just don't know what a good movie is.

good thing you decided based on one post you know my taste in movies. For your information i havent seen an action movie like what you are implying in closer to 2 years...i like movies that make you think, i think the last movie i saw (not counting theater) was let me in..while it wasnt particlarly deep i found it in my eyes "good" a bit ****** up but good none the less. And come on man you can't tell me you didnt find at least SOME parts boring as hell.

Edit: nevermind, didnt know i was arguing with a kid. Im not even gonna try to justify anything for obvious reasons,oh that and i saw your other topic, clearly your a huge fan and there is nothing wrong with that, but some people just didnt care much for the movie guy. The books were good and i will awknowlege that much.

Moving on....

Edited by Madara Uchiha, 27 December 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#13 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Total dissapointment here. I nearly fell asleep in the cinema.
Every single story-telling element I was looking forward to (e.g. visit at the Skin-changers house (animals serving food!) or the LONG stay of Bilbo in the wood elves palace (using the ring to explore, becoming the thief he is supposed to be simply out of need (stealing food to survive)) was simply skipped to stockpile beheaded Orcs, butchered by Assasins Creed Ninja Elves...

In the end it was a hot elven chick and a cool dragon. Felt like the movie was made for fourteen-year-olds who yet dont know how to get access to serious gore and/or ****.

Oh, and to R.R.Whatever Martin: I tried reading GoT after I saw first season... Jeez... this guys writing skills are equal to the paragliding-skills of an average talented cow.
If you are into (dark)Fantasy AND enjoy skillful writing I strongly recommend "The Steel Remains" by Richard K. Morgan (and if you are into Cyberpunk: "Altered Carbon"from the same guy).

Edited by z00med, 27 December 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#14 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

^ ill look into those two, yeah i did the same thing with GoT, mainly because i dont want to wait a year inbetween seasons...becuase of that im already on book 4.

#15 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Did you notice the duality of wood elves between LOTR and 'The Hobbit'? Wood elves have a very high temperament to alcohol in LOTR while in 'The Hobbit' the temperament appears to be very low. Now what on earth could have altered this perception? ^_^

#16 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

What we need here are hand-walking elves drinking beer with their feet and 10-foot tall dwarves selling music instruments while driving. If anyone else sobers up while smoking pipeweed then I'm gonna have a hissy fit. Also my dog speaks to me in English and my pet hamster knows how to fly a spacecraft. ^_^

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users