#22 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostRhent, on 18 December 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

lots of blabla about stupid game mode in OP

the mode like it is now is exactly what the players wanted. stupid demand == stupid game mode. you got your CoD-mode, now go ahead and deal with it.

#23 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postkuangmk11, on 19 December 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

snip

you know what i wanted to say... CoD is a reference of a dumb game, we all know that

#24 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostZanathan, on 18 December 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Just because a client asks for something doesn't mean you have to implement it identical to what they ask for. You are supposed to give them what they need ...

I suppose it was too difficult to add more conditions to the game hence you're going to stuck with this mode for a long time.

Extra conditions... so, Assault mode?

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostRonan, on 19 December 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Extra conditions... so, Assault mode?

bwahahahhahahaha

yup

seriously though guys, this is the EXACT game mode those wanting DM were asking for. If you don't want that then there are two other viable modes to play

#26 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

I would like to see a retreat option. Any player can exit the match at the map edges to escape. If it's obvious you're not going to win, then provide an escape bonus even if the ratio of escapee's is less than 1/3 to those of the other team (ie... 12 vs 4) OR if you've had all your weapons destroyed.

#27 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 19 December 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

I would like to see a retreat option. Any player can exit the match at the map edges to escape. If it's obvious you're not going to win, then provide an escape bonus even if the ratio of escapee's is less than 1/3 to those of the other team (ie... 12 vs 4) OR if you've had all your weapons destroyed.

So they just camp the map edge with erppcs until they are almost dead then run away? I wouldn't change anything. They could make "defeat" an automatic death so there is no point in waiting out the timer but I still haven't seen anybody try it.

#28 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postkuangmk11, on 19 December 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

So they just camp the map edge with erppcs until they are almost dead then run away? I wouldn't change anything. They could make "defeat" an automatic death so there is no point in waiting out the timer but I still haven't seen anybody try it.

The issue is primarily light mechs with ECM... give the run away timer a 20 or 30 second count... long enough someone can close and pummel most mechs that are just camping.

remember this only, might, provide an actual bonus if you both succeed and if you're severely outnumbered.

The game mode is titled skirmish after all, it implies a fast fight, and one that's rarely to the bitter end.

Edited by Prezimonto, 19 December 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#29 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 19 December 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Why a bonus for the losers? It's too emotionally painful to accept the loss? Just run outside the border for 10 seconds Bam -> retreat!

#30 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 19 December 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

The issue is primarily light mechs with ECM...

Those of us that weren't pushing for this mode as the savior laid all these issues out as soon as it was mentioned. Those that were really pushing for this game mode (not all but a good chunk of them) were calling us "QQers" and such. I knew if we had players raging over a 60 second timer they were definitely going to rage over having to spend a few minutes tracking down a light mech in this kind of mode. Especially if the only two mechs left on the other side are a couple of short range assaults that are lucky to hit 60/kph downhill with a 60mph wind at their back

#31 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh I know. My problem is I'm okay with the other two modes, but I can't choose to play just those two... so I deal with skirmish and it's built in trolls or come up with something to improve it.

To address the issue of rewards for "losers", it would encourage players who can't win, and are stupid about their K/D to just retreat instead of going full on troll mode.

I've always thought it was strange in this setting, where mechs are hyper-expensive war machines, that we wouldn't be rewarded for bringing the things home again.

#32 Iron Hyena

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

You asked for this mode.

You BEGGED, for this mode.

So thats what you got.

#33 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostDornhal, on 19 December 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

You asked for this mode.

You BEGGED, for this mode.

So thats what you got.

Be careful what you wish for, especially when PGI is involved. People wanted the PPC Gaus meta ended and PGI provided Ghost Heat and Gaus delay. People asked for a better new player experience and PGI provided 3PV. People asked for CW and got Clan cash grab.

#34 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

I will just leave this right here:

PGI's Stance

scroll down and read Egomane's post.

#35 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I say change nothing. Just make it that if there's 1 person left and time runs out, they die. Would certainly stop the KDR stuff but honestly I'm just not seeing all this 'last person trolling'. I'd love a screen-cap of, say, 3 examples of it. 1 person on 1 side, several on the other team and timer run out.

If Skirmish isn't your cuppa and you like the complexity of standing in a square or you want a way to win when your team can't out-fight the other there's still Conquest and Assault. Knock yourselves out. I've got no issues with Skirmish. More fun than I've had in MW:O in a while.

#36 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

We told you so.......?????

Really tho, please give us a tickbox option or some way to select conquest & assault but deselect DM so I wouldn't have to constantly swap from assault to conquest etc.........

Edited by Fooooo, 19 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#37 Failcube

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostRhent, on 18 December 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Of course if Piranha's intent was to grief the playerbase, then by all means keep Skirmish as it currently stands.

It hurts my brain how unfair, not-thought-out and trollish this statement is. A large amount of players, whine, cried and got aggressive about stopping "those damn [profanity] basecappers" and they add TDM... then you complain about that too.

PLAY ASSAULT MODE

#38 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

Not had that many, skirmish is very fun. We only play skirmish now. There will always be some trolls, those who have to prove that they are right or just got stomped so hard they want to ruin the fun for the other 23 players. But that is a minority and always will be.

#39 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 18 December 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

And lots of the participation trophy crowd running away and hiding...

Hey man, no big deal... Those who are about to be afraid, California salutes you..!!

What exactly is your obsession with California? That's two threads now...

#40 Dr Herbert West

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

The solution to this problem is simple ... in fact, it was already solved by TF2!

Just add a cap point in the middle of the map that only goes active after 10 minutes (or longer if the map is large). Thats it. You don't have cap rushes, and you eliminate the possibility of a light running down the clock after his team is wiped.

The thing is, this has been suggested over and over since closed beta.

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users