93 replies to this topic

#61 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Indeed, House Loyalists will even be able to request a transfer into the canon regiments, earning the right to carry their insignia. Exemplary performance in lesser units presumed, of course!
We do not yet know if the 7th Ghost is amongst them, but I suppose it's safe to say they have a very good chance. :lol:

Also, Boxfish-san, these are the Ryuken colors as per the DCMS Field Manual:
  • Ryuken-Ni: charcoal grey prime, silver accent
  • Ryuken-San: charcoal grey prime, no accent
  • Ryuken-Yon: charcoal grey prime, dark blue accent
  • Ryuken-Go: charcoal grey prime, shiny steel-blue accent
  • Ryuken-Roku: charcoal grey prime, red accent
[edit] Stomp-san, are you sure the Amphigean LAG have anything to do with the Ryuken? As far as I'm aware, the former is a chaingang of Unproductives limited to Light BattleMechs deploying in suicide missions, whereas the Ryuken are somewhat more important, and a pet-project of our glorious Coordinator, Takashi-heika himself.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 07 January 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#62 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

I like to style mine after the Dark Age mechs from the last MW TT game, below is my fav mech from that game, the Shiro:

Posted Image

I also like to use the Red/Gold for my mechs, like so:

Posted Image

#63 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

View Postrageagainstthedyingofthelight, on 07 January 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

I like to style mine after the Dark Age mechs from the last MW TT game, below is my fav mech from that game

Ewwww, Dark Ages! Haha :lol:

OH, also everybody go upvote my new Great Houses thread! I got REALLY bored today and have been painting a **** ton of mechs:
http://mwomercs.com/...ses-paint-jobs/

#64 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

looking through my mechs today. and is it just me or Heavy Metal has nice camo? like a yakuza's dragon tattoo but without it's head... can't decide which is the closest yellow for [gold], so i use the brightest yellow available :(

Posted Image

#65 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostDiscarius, on 08 January 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

looking through my mechs today. and is it just me or Heavy Metal has nice camo? like a yakuza's dragon tattoo but without it's head... can't decide which is the closest yellow for [gold], so i use the brightest yellow available :P

Posted Image

No really the Heavy Metal has a really bitching paintjob, I love that thing. I've considered buying it, but Assault chassis just isn't really my thing.

#66 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

And more Kurita mechs inbound!

Otomo!
Posted Image

And the Genyosha, for real this time. :o
Posted Image

Benjamin Regulars, who use greys and browns.
Posted Image

The Alshain Avengers :P
Posted Image

And a Ryuken-Ni Centurion. They paint their accent color silver, to mimic the edge of a blade.
Posted Image

Oops! And I almost forgot my 2nd Arkab Blackjack :ph34r:
Posted Image

#67 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

I like it Stomp. most people think that all regiments just painted their mechs in the house colors. Thank you for sharing with everyone that they did not. Indeed as you and others like Kyone are showing, it was a minority that actually painted their mechs in "House Color". Most just used practical schemes that worked for the environment of the planet they were either garrisoned on or came from.

#68 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 12 January 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I like it Stomp. most people think that all regiments just painted their mechs in the house colors. Thank you for sharing with everyone that they did not. Indeed as you and others like Kyone are showing, it was a minority that actually painted their mechs in "House Color". Most just used practical schemes that worked for the environment of the planet they were either garrisoned on or came from.

Absolutely! Which is something I've been meaning to ask you, do the Buckminster Guards have a color scheme as of yet? I mean, from what I gather your group is... semi-canon? At least in terms of an origins story.

#69 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yes, we are aiming for semi-canon. We will have parade colors (as seen below) of Blue on White when on garrison and use local camo when deployed. I would like to also add, that I wish they had some sort of v pattern. Then I would have the blue on top with White Legs. Alas.............

Posted Image

Edited by Sealawyer, 12 January 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#70 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

We have Purple, Red, and Black as our general unit colors. We tend towards the garish as far as camo goes. I think this may have been my influence as I ran some outlandish camo's. Now I would say many of of mine are reather tame compared to some in our unit. We often have camo contests while we are dropping (brightest camo, ugliest camo, most noticeable camo on a night map, holiday inspired camo, etc...) and change camo every drop. Sometimes we have made a rule that you have to change your camo if your mech is killed.

I haven't had time to do much beyond playing lately but I will see if I can get some screenshots together of some my mechs in unit colors and favorite camo patterns from our contests.

#71 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 12 January 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yes, we are aiming for semi-canon. We will have parade colors (as seen below) of Blue on White when on garrison and use local camo when deployed. I would like to also add, that I wish they had some sort of v pattern. Then I would have the blue on top with White Legs. Alas.............

Well you could try putting Blue on the two top portions of a Mountain Line camo, and White on the Bottom portion. I'm not sure where the middle line for that camo on the Jager falls, but it's worth a try; that is assuming I understood you correctly. XD

View PostBlacke, on 13 January 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

We have Purple, Red, and Black as our general unit colors. We tend towards the garish as far as camo goes. I think this may have been my influence as I ran some outlandish camo's. Now I would say many of of mine are reather tame compared to some in our unit. We often have camo contests while we are dropping (brightest camo, ugliest camo, most noticeable camo on a night map, holiday inspired camo, etc...) and change camo every drop. Sometimes we have made a rule that you have to change your camo if your mech is killed.

I haven't had time to do much beyond playing lately but I will see if I can get some screenshots together of some my mechs in unit colors and favorite camo patterns from our contests.

Haha I'd love to see them sometime. Mercs have cool paintjobs too you know :D

#72 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostStomp, on 13 January 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Well you could try putting Blue on the two top portions of a Mountain Line camo, and White on the Bottom portion. I'm not sure where the middle line for that camo on the Jager falls, but it's worth a try; that is assuming I understood you correctly. XD [size=4]

I tried that, close, but leaves to much on the upper body for me. I would like to believe that sooner or later they will drop more paint jobs, I am sure I will find one I like then.

Edited by Sealawyer, 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#73 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Here are some of the Third Takata Lancers mechs.

Atlas:
Spoiler

Awesome:
Spoiler

Battlemaster:
Spoiler

Catapult:
Spoiler

Centurion:
Spoiler

Dragon:
Spoiler

Griffin:
Spoiler

Highlander:
Spoiler

Hunchback:
Spoiler

Jagermech:
Spoiler

Jenner:
Spoiler

Kintaro:
Spoiler

Locust:
Spoiler

Orion:
Spoiler

Shadowhawk:
Spoiler

Spider:
Spoiler

Stalker:
Spoiler

Thunderbolt:
Spoiler

Wolverine:
Spoiler

#74 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I'm from the 4th Red Rogue Stalkers, a mercenary unit that contracts exclusively for the Combine.
Below is roughly what you'd call our "parade" scheme:

Posted Image

Below is what I personally use, same red, same black but I add a dash of white:

Posted Image

#75 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

[edit] Stomp-san, are you sure the Amphigean LAG have anything to do with the Ryuken? As far as I'm aware, the former is a chaingang of Unproductives limited to Light BattleMechs deploying in suicide missions, whereas the Ryuken are somewhat more important, and a pet-project of our glorious Coordinator, Takashi-heika himself.

You're quite right, it was a slip up on my part. I'll correct it haha, I misread it on camospecs as being a part of Ryuken.

#76 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm from the Ronin Legion, a unit loyal to Kurita (House or Merc, depending on more CW info). Not being a canon unit, we made our own official camo, which is black and white Tiger Stripe.

Spoiler

We're really only strict on the colors, since not everyone can fork out MC for camo. Here's another example on one of my Victors

Spoiler

An Atlas in PC Gamer

Spoiler

A Centurion in PC Gamer with red highlights

Spoiler

And finally a Victor with Raider in black with white and red striping. I fell in love with this when I saw it on Kyone's mechs. Definitely going to add it to some of my own mechs :)

Spoiler

#77 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

Kamiko, Blacke, Buso Zenshi, nice to see our merc brethren coming out to represent their folks too! I'm so in love with the Raider pattern, it makes SUCH good unit camo. I'm holding my breath for a couple other ones too! The Red Rogue Stalkers, 3rd Takata Lancers, AND the Ronin Legion, in my thread. :) Feeling the attention haha.

And for more paintjobs! These were done for FUN, and aren't associated with any unit... besides the Avengers haha

Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I just think it's nice that we get to know who else is about Stomp. I'm seeing more and more Kuritans in matches now, can only be a good thing:)

#79 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 16 January 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I just think it's nice that we get to know who else is about Stomp. I'm seeing more and more Kuritans in matches now, can only be a good thing:)

You can also poke around the individual units' TS channels. I have a couple of them bookmarked in case the urge to drop with them strikes. It's been more and more common too, since I've been pugging exclusively for a couple of months now.

#80 ISD

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationHEL (FIN)

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

My 'pult is obviously and nicely painted in a nth Sword of Light pattern:

Posted Image

The pic is old and out of date, but the paintjob has stayed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users