#141 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 21 December 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Aff. I'll do that. As we are already Darkcaste whats the harm in taking up an army of Darkcaste.

I, VoodooLou Kerensky, LoreMaster of Clan Black Sheep here-by invite you to The True Bandit Caste, Clan Black Sheep! Created in secret by Nicholas Kerensy knowing full well that his vision would be corrupted eventually, Human Nature being what it is. The Grand Council would and did become not a melding of Our culture, but a squabiling, deceit filled venue for the Clans Khans. Their only goals are not to maintain the Vision of His and his Fathers dream to return to the Star League and unite the Successor States, but to undermine each other with deceptions in order to forward their own plans, no matter if it rends the fabric of our society. Clan Black Sheep embraces all from the Shadows, welcoming True and Freeborn Clanspeople, from the Warriors to the Laborers! Over the Centuries we have gathered those cast aside, shunned or otherwise deemed Unacceptable. Wolverines, Burrocks, Widowmakers, Mongoose have contributed to Clan Black Sheep, as have the other Clans, albeit unwillingly and unknown to them. They think themselves secure, when in actuality they hide nothing from us. We know their secrets, their researches and developments become Ours. When the Grand Council allowed Wolf to send out their Dragoons to gather information on the Successor States there were Black Sheep among them and unlike the Dragoons they sent back to us the information they have gathered. The Inner Sphere (as they call themselves) is not worthy of being treated as equals in Honor. To survive and eventually defeat them, so as to Unite them and return to the ways of the Star League, we must fight as they do. One does not observe Zellbringen with an Insect before it is crushed, once it has been proven to the Inner Sphere that they cannot stand against us and Terra is once again under our control, we can guide them to the ways of our society, and live in Harmony and end War as it is fought now so that humanity can move forward. Return to the Vision of Kerensky and be part of the Salvation or be trampled by the inevitability of defeat!

#142 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

So you want to make me believe that Clan Black Sheep is actually connected to the lore while being a non-canon Clan with a purposely ridicolous name, that you have not only your place in the lore but also sent your spies among the Dragoons. And you are even Crusaders.

I have seen everything.. :ph34r:

now I am waiting word from Clan Lesbian Sea Turtle LOL

#143 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

This should be thought threw a little bit more. You are saying Nicholas created you to oppose his vision? You have spies throughout all of the other Clans. I guess you answer to Kael Pershaw??

Edited by Skylarr, 10 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#144 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 10 January 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

I, VoodooLou Kerensky, LoreMaster of Clan Black Sheep here-by invite you to The True Bandit Caste, Clan Black Sheep! Created in secret by Nicholas Kerensy knowing full well that his vision would be corrupted eventually, Human Nature being what it is. The Grand Council would and did become not a melding of Our culture, but a squabiling, deceit filled venue for the Clans Khans. Their only goals are not to maintain the Vision of His and his Fathers dream to return to the Star League and unite the Successor States, but to undermine each other with deceptions in order to forward their own plans, no matter if it rends the fabric of our society. Clan Black Sheep embraces all from the Shadows, welcoming True and Freeborn Clanspeople, from the Warriors to the Laborers! Over the Centuries we have gathered those cast aside, shunned or otherwise deemed Unacceptable. Wolverines, Burrocks, Widowmakers, Mongoose have contributed to Clan Black Sheep, as have the other Clans, albeit unwillingly and unknown to them. They think themselves secure, when in actuality they hide nothing from us. We know their secrets, their researches and developments become Ours. When the Grand Council allowed Wolf to send out their Dragoons to gather information on the Successor States there were Black Sheep among them and unlike the Dragoons they sent back to us the information they have gathered. The Inner Sphere (as they call themselves) is not worthy of being treated as equals in Honor. To survive and eventually defeat them, so as to Unite them and return to the ways of the Star League, we must fight as they do. One does not observe Zellbringen with an Insect before it is crushed, once it has been proven to the Inner Sphere that they cannot stand against us and Terra is once again under our control, we can guide them to the ways of our society, and live in Harmony and end War as it is fought now so that humanity can move forward. Return to the Vision of Kerensky and be part of the Salvation or be trampled by the inevitability of defeat!

So... basically, "Clan Black Sheep" is essentially Clan Mekhet? :ph34r: :rolleyes:

The Mekhet embody the idea of a shadowy vampire lord, omniscient and unseen. Nicknamed "Shadows" by the other clans, Mekhet are known for keeping secrets and knowing the secrets of others. Paranoid and alien, their insatiable quest for knowledge leads to both power and a spiritually corrupting indifference. For with the same ease a Mekhet investigates the source of a quote on a centuries old tome, he will dissect a screaming subject to understand its secrets, speeding the Beast's grasp over him. As the Beast gains ground, a Mekhet's personality simply vanishes, leaving them frightening empty automatons.

#145 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

This is getting all too ridiculous...

#146 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

The history has been reworked. The Blood Scorpions are now immigrants of the Clan Dark Caste who joined the Lyran Commonwealth as a unit to spite the clans.

#147 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostGyrok, on 10 January 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

How about Clan Stone Rhino!

#148 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

LOL...I can appreciate the fervor for fan fiction, and wanting to contribute to the lore of a storied IP like BT...

Having said that, there are ways to introduce dark caste and such things through loopholes in the lore...just not really a way to introduce a "new" canon clan that ties into the story.

Have fun writing up a history and lore to your heart's content! Though at least I do not see a petition for admittance as a canon clan from your group (Clan Stone Rhino).

As for Blood Scorpions being dark caste and joining the Lyran Commonwealth...that story could fit in. A dark caste group that follows a rigid clan structure with different ideals is entirely feasible. I wish you luck in your endeavors and writing the personal lore for your group.

#149 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

I suppose you could claim there was another Clan that was formed, just not based off of the pentagon worlds, but probably the easiest way to go about it is to make it based off the Fire Mandrills. They are so segregated that the idea of an entire Kindraa splitting off and doing their own thing long enough to gain partial Clan status in their own right is not unfeasible.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 January 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#150 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostGyrok, on 11 January 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

LOL...I can appreciate the fervor for fan fiction, and wanting to contribute to the lore of a storied IP like BT...

Having said that, there are ways to introduce dark caste and such things through loopholes in the lore...just not really a way to introduce a "new" canon clan that ties into the story.

Have fun writing up a history and lore to your heart's content! Though at least I do not see a petition for admittance as a canon clan from your group (Clan Stone Rhino).

As for Blood Scorpions being dark caste and joining the Lyran Commonwealth...that story could fit in. A dark caste group that follows a rigid clan structure with different ideals is entirely feasible. I wish you luck in your endeavors and writing the personal lore for your group.
We are not Canon, and don't belong with Canon units in a Game not ran by my players and I. I know my place, and the limits that implies. Also, I am the only Rhino player that is playing MW:O :)

#151 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Im a believer in incomplete lore. Lore covers the political tides, wars, and main characters but does not attempt to be so comprehensive that it excludes all the other unrecorded events and people that must have existed in the centuries spanning BT. Beyond the main arch of the BT story, there is assumed to be vast untold history of unrecorded sub stories of migration, industry, and politics. Its certain that many minor merc units and minor vassal houses of the IS came and went in the timeline. So minor clans that were not recorded in the lore or the novels also probably existed. Such things would ultimately be considered apocryphal but they would be so likely to have existed in the unnovelized history of canon that they should be considered unwritten lore. It would be short sighted to assume there is only written and novelized canon with no vast history behind it.

As long as the clan being discussed is modeled by-the-book and doesn't contradict lore or mock the sacred then yes I think it should be allowed - at least in the context of rp in this thread if not in the community as a whole.

As for MWO, player-created units exist all over gaming. The devs will certainly allow them to participate in CW in some fashion. It is very probable they will exist in MWO as sub units within lore factions. I see this as a very likely approach to player-created clans as well.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 11 January 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#152 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

I agree with you about how there are unwritten history behind lore (otherwise it`d be boring and no one would want to play that game), BUT I don't think the VERY small gap left in clan history about the individual clans is big enough to allow a minor clan. Remember there was only 800 warriors with blood names, and 40 per clan. That only leaves room for the original 20 clans. I think the gap is just too small. I`d love to agree but the facts prove otherwise and leave no error.

#153 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostGyrok, on 10 January 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Not as ridiculous as a US $500 Gold Mech for the "most loyal of followers". Nowhere near that level of ridiculousness. ^_^

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 12 January 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#154 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 11 January 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Im a believer in incomplete lore. Lore covers the political tides, wars, and main characters but does not attempt to be so comprehensive that it excludes all the other unrecorded events and people that must have existed in the centuries spanning BT. Beyond the main arch of the BT story, there is assumed to be vast untold history of unrecorded sub stories of migration, industry, and politics. Its certain that many minor merc units and minor vassal houses of the IS came and went in the timeline. So minor clans that were not recorded in the lore or the novels also probably existed. Such things would ultimately be considered apocryphal but they would be so likely to have existed in the unnovelized history of canon that they should be considered unwritten lore. It would be short sighted to assume there is only written and novelized canon with no vast history behind it.

As long as the clan being discussed is modeled by-the-book and doesn't contradict lore or mock the sacred then yes I think it should be allowed - at least in the context of rp in this thread if not in the community as a whole.

As for MWO, player-created units exist all over gaming. The devs will certainly allow them to participate in CW in some fashion. It is very probable they will exist in MWO as sub units within lore factions. I see this as a very likely approach to player-created clans as well.

Well, in the IS, I could see where you might have a point. However, the Clan Exodus from the SLDF and the evolution of their society is so well documented and written in such a way that you really have no loop holes outside of the not named clan's final fate to the last man. Even so, that is just an arbitrary minor loophole...if someone was trying to play "The Minnesota Tribe" you may see more willingness to accept it as a canon unit. The only issue there, lies in the fact that The Minnesota Tribe would never enter clan space, nor would they announce their presence to any of the remaining clans for fear of annihilation.

See, the Clans were such a storied and well loved group by so many that the BT franchise capitalized on expanding that story to a greater degree than the IS in most respects because it generated lots of revenue.

Therefore, an IS Merc Corps or Dark Caste group could possibly exist because of loop holes; on the contrary, a "new" canon Clan would most certainly be out of the question. The lore does not allow loop holes such as this because it has already been so tightly developed into a very specific sequence of events that led to a very specific outcome.

#155 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 January 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Well all I am actually taking down the Scorpions. I think we are better as just fan fiction than a unit.

Well, I am not saying you need to go that far, the Dark Caste idea had tons of promise...that's your call. However, it was an interesting wrinkle on Dark Caste, having a group that idealized a structured society but disagreed with the foundations of the clans themselves is an interesting antithesis to the clans.

Though I cannot see a way that they would become something like the Smoke Jaguars or Wolves or Jade Falcons, etc.

#156 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well either way, I wish you luck in your endeavours. If life sorts itself out for you, running a unit through enjin is not too hard. This thread was enjoyable while it was being discussed and it is awesome to have walked the educational path towards the Clans of Karensky. If you feel you do not need to lead a unit to be happy, there are a good number of Clans to join, or house units... Or even surat scum mercenaries. ;-)

#157 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostGyrok, on 12 January 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Therefore, an IS Merc Corps or Dark Caste group could possibly exist because of loop holes; on the contrary, a "new" canon Clan would most certainly be out of the question. The lore does not allow loop holes such as this because it has already been so tightly developed into a very specific sequence of events that led to a very specific outcome.

Well said. Your knowledgeable opinion makes things clearer.

#158 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 January 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm probably going to my Wolf brothers. As of late I have been missing Clan Wolf.

Sorry to hear about your Clan, it was getting interesting to see how you would pull it off. You are probably going to have to check with CyclonerM, or another member, but I saw that the player owned Clan Wolf is recruiting. I am waiting to join to see how MWO implements the Clans and that I may have less free time soon since I am looking for work (I have to get the funds together to by the Warhawk package and fix my bike [a year of not riding is way too ******* long]). Anyways good luck and good hunting.

#159 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 January 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

So you want to make me believe that Clan Black Sheep is actually connected to the lore while being a non-canon Clan with a purposely ridicolous name, that you have not only your place in the lore but also sent your spies among the Dragoons. And you are even Crusaders.

I have seen everything.. :ph34r:

now I am waiting word from Clan Lesbian Sea Turtle LOL

I think the Lesbian Sea Turtle's petition is just behind Clan Platypus. Of course they all lost out to Clan Spaniel

#160 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 15 January 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

I think the Lesbian Sea Turtle's petition is just behind Clan Platypus. Of course they all lost out to Clan Spaniel

At least that children show is canon! :ph34r:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users