• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

View Postmax11180, on 21 December 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

quad large laser..just for trollolololz;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76de94b7761cf06

Suffers from the same problem the Yen-lo-wang does.. invisible for enemy target systems. only the arm gets registered :(

#62 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Gah, finally managed to "elite" this variant. I couldn't find anything that worked for me, and most attempts ended with <200 damage and last positions on score table. The only build where I finally managed to get not utterly terribad results was the 2LL/3MLAS/SRM6 build and even that was bad.

I don't think I will be "mastering" this variant anytime soon, I can finally move to Griffins now. Sweet sweet Griffins.

Edited by Kitane, 25 June 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#63 SpDmnAdam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I have used this brawler build to great success. should if screenshot it but, got i believe 5 kills and around 900 damage with this build. Gotta protect that arm use it's wide twist to your advantage.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2998189c0bf05d1

Edited by SpDmnAdam, 06 July 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#64 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

I started a thread just like this one a while back so I feel your pain OP. My situation was even worse cause my alternate account is broke and I only have two engines to choose from. I Think I did like an LRM-10, a PPC and an ER large, a TAG laser, and maybe a medium in the CT but yea I forgot cause I hate this mech compared to its brothers.

#65 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

I bought the wolverines and mastered them days before they were changed. Thanx PGI. YOu wasted my time, what we have now is a 55 ton piles of scrap metal. Not even the ac5 variant is worth its weight in quirks. Is this how it is? If a specialty mech comes along that can actually do something against clan mechs, it get axed after everyone spends money and time on it? All we have to do is wine on the forums to make sure the opponent is much weaker than us. This is just sad man. It was already a difficult mech to use, given all the weapons are on one arm. Now they are made of paper and not even close to as functional as the shadowhawk. . I'll throw the mechs away and call my time lost a worthless waste. Bad business, like I come to expect from PGI. Now I know that my favorite mech will also be killed someday to please the whiners. Maybe you need to stop listening to winers and actually play the game and find out for yourself.

#66 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 26 February 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I bought the wolverines and mastered them days before they were changed. Thanx PGI. YOu wasted my time, what we have now is a 55 ton piles of scrap metal. Not even the ac5 variant is worth its weight in quirks. Is this how it is? If a specialty mech comes along that can actually do something against clan mechs, it get axed after everyone spends money and time on it? All we have to do is wine on the forums to make sure the opponent is much weaker than us. This is just sad man. It was already a difficult mech to use, given all the weapons are on one arm. Now they are made of paper and not even close to as functional as the shadowhawk. . I'll throw the mechs away and call my time lost a worthless waste. Bad business, like I come to expect from PGI. Now I know that my favorite mech will also be killed someday to please the whiners. Maybe you need to stop listening to winers and actually play the game and find out for yourself.

ORLY?

Pre-LPLS Nerf.

#67 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostBanky, on 21 December 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I've been running mine with a PPC, LRM10 and 3 MLs (XL300) - and it's worked well... But I like this build better. That is a LOT of firepower and armor to be moving at 120kph+.

coming from a clanner of course. lets see, its got less lazers than a jenner and is slower. What is your point? And you can't miss its huge torso's. Clanners should not be allowed to comment positively on broken worthless IS chasis. How about comparing it to a stormcrow, now what.

This must have been before the quirks were altered. I find all the wolverines completely worthless and out classed in every way by all mech in the game since last patch.

Edited by DaangeroussDann, 26 February 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#68 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

I'm currently running the 4 Large Laser set up. It was a bit disappointing to see the change from pulse to normal lasers as I enjoyed playing the Wubvarine. It was one of those mechs which was risk vs reward. If you protected your right arm you could deal out a ton of damage but if you were up against people who knew the 6Ks trick then it could very easily end up with a quick amputation. Now there's less reward and the same risks.

#69 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 26 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

coming from a clanner of course. lets see, its got less lazers than a jenner and is slower. What is your point? And you can't miss its huge torso's. Clanners should not be allowed to comment positively on broken worthless IS chasis. How about comparing it to a stormcrow, now what.

This must have been before the quirks were altered. I find all the wolverines completely worthless and out classed in every way by all mech in the game since last patch.

Uhh before quirks AND before clans. Check the date of his post---it is from 2013.

#70 troyrohler

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • Locationlafayette indiana

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

Actually like the new quirks. Not an overpowered monster that the wubverine was. It takes some skill but 4 LL's will deal 36-30 damage up to over 500 meters with quirks and modules. if you play it as a support mech you can do considerable damage before they even realize you are the one doing it. With all for lasers in 1 arm it comes out as almost a single beam. Bonus that with the cooling modules and a nice comliment of heat sink you can fire all 4 two or three times before you have to let it cool off. This means I can strip or destroy a side torso of most assault if my aim is true.

#71 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

After mastering the wolverine in the current quirk system I eventually settled on this build WVR-6K
2 large lasers for the range. 3 medium pulse for finesse shots and the extra punch when needed.
I was wondering what I was going to do with that xl340 engine in my inventory ;)

Edited by Soulscour, 05 March 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#72 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

I confess that once one of the most fun chassis to pilot now leaves me with a sour taste.
the LPL build is too slow on cooldown and range altough not an issues, shows that those extra 100m optimal do make a difference.
The new 4LL build has too much face time and spreads damage much more, so altough it does about the sama damage it won't case so much pintpoint damage. Also the higher face time leaves the CT,RT and RA much more vulrenable. -i mst say I am tempted to strip it and mothball it until better days that might never come. Or I will jst run my antique build of big XL and 5 MPL to chase down lights.. with quirks it will be certainly more effective than it ever was.

#73 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 06 March 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

I confess that once one of the most fun chassis to pilot now leaves me with a sour taste.
the LPL build is too slow on cooldown and range altough not an issues, shows that those extra 100m optimal do make a difference.
The new 4LL build has too much face time and spreads damage much more, so altough it does about the sama damage it won't case so much pintpoint damage. Also the higher face time leaves the CT,RT and RA much more vulrenable. -i mst say I am tempted to strip it and mothball it until better days that might never come. Or I will jst run my antique build of big XL and 5 MPL to chase down lights.. with quirks it will be certainly more effective than it ever was.

Sorry, disagree here. Depending on what lvl you play (League, PUG, CW). If you meant as a metamech, I agree, the 4 LLas variant is inferior to it's un-nerfed 3LPLas counterpart, but for public gaming and CW this guy is a menace as a support mech, even alphastriking merits only 41% heat on most maps.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...18c00d7fe4165a3
And a SLas of death in the head for Mojo. It is fun, go try it if you need to level the wolverines. It is a good compromise between range, dmg, heat, and heat per second and damage per heat. I never bought the LLas modules and it works fine.
Just bear in mind that it is a support mech, not a frontliner, but as long as I am not focused by enemies or I know I can make the kill shot I usually keep firing the LLas in 3/1 combo to avoid ghost heat.

Edited by Iothil, 06 March 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#74 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 26 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Wolverines weren't worthless before quirks. They're even better now. I'm a bit irked about losing the LPL quirks on the 6K, but even so, they can be very effective mechs ;)

#75 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 21 December 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

all well and good, but anecdotal evidence doesn't make this mech good in any way. :)

from the above builds, Levi's would be the only one I'd see working consistently - but then, everything it can do, a Kintaro/Griffin can do better.

on the plus side, at least it looks better than the Griffin -_-

It's all anecdotal and opinion. I like my 6k and do well in it. does it make it good? no. Does someone doing bad in it make it bad? no.

#76 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 08 March 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Wolverines weren't worthless before quirks. They're even better now. I'm a bit irked about losing the LPL quirks on the 6K, but even so, they can be very effective mechs ;)

Thx, my point, exactly.

#77 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Here's the Meta build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0af55a6a9547830

Just bought this mech a few hours ago but went with an XL300 3LL 2ML. It's ok, but if you lose that arm you become useless.

#78 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

The single best IS med for CW being called useless for pages long.

LoL!

Use the build above, poke till your nose bleed, protect your RA at all cost.

#79 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

That's supposed to be a good build? Heh, my panther 8z runs that build, and it can jump. I think I'd take my panther over the wolverine 6k any day.

#80 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostNRP, on 30 April 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

That's supposed to be a good build? Heh, my panther 8z runs that build, and it can jump. I think I'd take my panther over the wolverine 6k any day.

The 6K with 18DHS and a 25% heat reduction quirk vs an 8Z with 10DHS an no heat quirk. This is no contest. The 6K is FAR superior with 3xLL.

View PostPhra, on 27 April 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

The single best IS med for CW being called useless for pages long.

LoL!

Use the build above, poke till your nose bleed, protect your RA at all cost.

To be fair, most of this thread occurred pre-quirks, back when the 6K was somewhat useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users