Skirmish Mode

6 replies to this topic

#1 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Has anyone else been getting consistently higher scores in Skirmish than the other modes?

I normally get between 80 - 160 in Assault or Conquest unless I'm really lucky, however I have been working in Skirmish mode exclusively since it came out and the lowest score have had so far was 255 and the highest 470.

It's not down to my tactics; for the most part I still operate as a Sniper.

Doe's anyone else think Skirmish is weighted differently?

#2 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Are you talking match scores or damage? Either way it amounts to about the same.

Skirmish logically is going to give you higher scores since destroying mechs rewards you far more then capping. If you want xp or c-bills play skirmish. If you want more strategy play another mode.

#3 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Ah I get it. In Assault or Conquest my primary aim is to engage long range targets as a Sniper and my secondary aim is to CAP where possible.

#4 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostOppresor, on 21 December 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Ah I get it. In Assault or Conquest my primary aim is to engage long range targets as a Sniper and my secondary aim is to CAP where possible.

*shrugs* Kind of depends on you. I prefer winning the match to getting lots of xp/credits since I don't play that much and have already mastered all my mechs. And usually winning involves capping.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 21 December 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#5 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 21 December 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Are you talking match scores or damage? Either way it amounts to about the same.

Skirmish logically is going to give you higher scores since destroying mechs rewards you far more then capping. If you want xp or c-bills play skirmish. If you want more strategy play another mode.

Did they actually adjust the rewards for Skirmish? I've tried to find a post on it but the search hasn't been my friend.... Or are you just implying that because capping is not an option that the only way to win is to win by kills so you never get a poor paying cap victory?

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Payout is exactly like Assault, just that with more brawls and people more focused on combat most mechs take a lot of damage before they go down. I'm finding it far, far more common to get killed after losing an arm or two, a leg and most of my armor. Plenty of matches that finish between two or three mechs held together by hope and scrap.

You're doing more total damage, destroying more components and getting more assists, win or lose. Skirmish pays better because the match don't end until one side has lost 12 mechs and most the people on both sides are fighting harder to get there. No point in 'holding back' or disengaging to run cap. You fight until you're down and sell yourself as costly as possible.

#7 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostRaso, on 21 December 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Did they actually adjust the rewards for Skirmish? I've tried to find a post on it but the search hasn't been my friend.... Or are you just implying that because capping is not an option that the only way to win is to win by kills so you never get a poor paying cap victory?

Poor paying capping is not an option. I'm pretty sure scoring has not been adjust from assault mode.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users