#1 RMR

• PipPip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 48 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I have a CPLT-C1 at the moment and am looking to get a front line unit. My question is what mech is the best bang for the buck.

I am looking into the Firebrand or the Champ Atlas AS7-RS C. Can you change the loadout on both of them or are they locked because they are "Special" Variants.

I want to change the load outs of ether one I get so yeah.

Plus I am guessing from what I have seen that the Hero Mechs get better perks, Is that correct?

just looking for opinions here so let me have it.

Thanks all.

#2 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hero mechs get a 30% c-bill bonus. You can change the loadout like any other mech on both hero and champion versions.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

You don't need to spend real money to "get into the fight". What is your current C-bill balance?

#4 zztophat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Shadowhawk.

As far as bang for buck goes it's hard to beat.

Tons of loadout options, fast, has JJs and it's tough.

The SHD-5M in particular is a good deal as it comes fully loaded with an XL, DHS and endo.

I bought the 'shawks because they were such a flexible platform and I like to experiment with loadouts, I keep playing them because they have fantastic combat performance; able to trade with heavier mechs and squash lighter mechs. I never feel like I'm undergunned or a big slow target just waiting to get caught.

#5 RMR

• PipPip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 48 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 23 December 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

You don't need to spend real money to "get into the fight". What is your current C-bill balance?

I know. But I wanted to buy something in the game other than paint or camo. I have just over 4 mill. I don't get to play a ton so I'm broke lol.

I feel like I should help pay for the game a bit. I do enjoy it.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostRMR, on 23 December 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

I know. But I wanted to buy something in the game other than paint or camo. I have just over 4 mill. I don't get to play a ton so I'm broke lol.

I feel like I should help pay for the game a bit. I do enjoy it.

I would recommend a Hero mech over one of the © mechs, as you can (eventually - I feel your pain for the lack of playtime) get them for Cbills sans-xp bonus.

I would also recommend not buying one (a Hero I mean) until you have a chassis you know you like, as it is rather unpleasant to spend the money, only to find you dislike the chassis.
As an example, I am sitting on the edge of like and dislike for the Cataphracts - sometimes I regret buying Ilya Muromets, other time I do not.

Edit: The more you are willing to spend, the less those rules mean though (rule 1 of rules: there is an exception to every rule, including and excluding this one)

Also: keep in mind that each bit of MC costs less, the more you buy at once, so it may be worth saving up to grab one big package rather than 15 smaller ones.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 23 December 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#7 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Some good Heroes that I love is the Ilya Muromets and Heavy Metal which are two solid mechs. As an added bonus the Heavy Metal Plays music when you get a kill; a heavy metal sounding one and an Elvis sounding one. Shadow Hawks are some of the best when you get c-bills and you can use Victors to great effect. Try to avoid Champion mechs. They are basically standard mechs with a XP bonus for that mech. Heroes will give you a unique loadout, unique skin that you can change the color on, and a 30% c-bill bonus. Others will recommend the Firebrand and Misery and they are good mechs just not my taste. The X5, Death knell, Oxide, Yen lo Wang, Golden Boy, Fang & Flame, and Pretty Baby are mechs that require more skill to use so not really newb friendly. The Jester is as the name sounds fun but takes a bit to be good with. The Protector and Dragon Slayer are good mechs but I have not tried them yet. The Boar's Head needs to be heavily modified to use (the 400xl makes it fast for a 100 tonner but the side torso is flimsy so you will not last long). Any mechs with a Gauss Rifle requires you to charge up and you do not have long to shoot before you loose the charge so practice in the training grounds. I hope that this gives you some ideas and ask anything we are all here to help and a good site to try builds on is http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/. Good luck and good hunting.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users