• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 02 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm 100% positive that offering a solo-only queue would improve solo play.

However, I'd be curious to see how big of a performance hit the grouped+solo queue would take in doing so. It would depend on how many solo players would still opt in to play against grouped players if they had the option to play against solo players. It's entirely possible that any anticipated negative effects would be negligible.

Let's just say I think it'd be a interesting experiment and I'd love for them to test it out. Even if the solo-only queue was exempt from CW or it was part of a separate game mode, I think it would be worthwhile.

I'm not convinced. My PUG only Alt Anton Shiningstar has a win loss and K/D that are right on par with this account. +0.02 after 6 months of play.

#142 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

I see the Pink panty squad is getting pretty desperate now doing deep web searches to find ammunition against me or just making stuff up as they go along.

Seems they are not all that in the least. Guys, its sad to look desperate all the time.

;)

#143 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostEcliptor, on 26 December 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

i was with 1st robinson rangers for a bit, until they told me i had to pick one mech, one class and stick with it in group drops.

You must mean the new kids in the "Robinson Rangers Brigade" or whatever they call themselves now.

The old guard 1st RR seems to have vanished, a long time ago. I just wear this for old time's sake.

#144 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 02 January 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

The only way to settle once and for all whether having a premade-free, PUG-only queue is both useful and feasible is to try it out NOW. We have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain by doing so. What's the holdup? Who's afraid of the PUG-only queue?

This is not going to happen. The devs are not going to drop UI2 / CW / whatever else they are doing to split the player base right before making major changes to the game.

So you might as well stop asking for it, because it ain't going to happen. I am not speaking from either a pro or con position on the matter. For the record, I play solo, 100%, and I personally do not care how the MM works. As far as I am concerned, it could just be randomized and I would not care.

Nevertheless: this will not happen.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 05 January 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#145 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 05 January 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

I see the Pink panty squad is getting pretty desperate now doing deep web searches to find ammunition against me or just making stuff up as they go along.

Seems they are not all that in the least. Guys, its sad to look desperate all the time.

;)

They don't have to do much digging as you tend to leave your droppings everywhere and most of us step in them at least once a day.

The game is about teamwork, you are incapable of being a team player, hence you whine about those that are not.

That pretty much sums you up in a nutshell.

#146 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostR Razor, on 05 January 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

They don't have to do much digging as you tend to leave your droppings everywhere and most of us step in them at least once a day.

The game is about teamwork, you are incapable of being a team player, hence you whine about those that are not.

That pretty much sums you up in a nutshell.

Teams are 12 men, not 4 or 8 and the rest fill and unable to communicate with each other. The whole team argument is a joke. Teams fight 12v and it is the most difficult regime in the game. Big reason you never see the prolific anti posters here in any of those matches.

Right now we have pug matches with gang member's or sorority's dominating most unless they are lucky enough to find a better gang on the other team.

There is not team play in what we are discussing.

#147 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 04 January 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

You can take any quote out of context to suit your agenda. Problem is you have turned your posting into a joke by now to the point most everyone knows what sandpits gig is. I suggest you troll reddit or the Star forums for posts about you.
Your reputation precedes you and it isn't what you think it should be. But thanks for the laughs anyways. ;)

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 November 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Just pitiful, ELO MM who cares. Your either part of a stomp or being stomped. Its never been so bad. Just boring as hell either way unless your a psychopath or a *********. Don't give me join a team as I do every game. Its 12 men but in reality its four or eight on one team with the rest trying to understand what the plan is or being used as cannon fodder. That' s not team play, its whose sorority is better with or without the rest.

This metric cannot maintain itself forever and though we are in the usual thanking PGI for crumbs after the patch most of us know what the real deal is. Its broken.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 September 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Can we stop with the bragging. Its not about you as much as you want it to be. Its about Pugs, casual players and noobs. You can all whip it out and compare with your team mates later.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 25 September 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Well I posted a poll which should expose the hypocrisy once and for all. If you are all so good lets put it to the tesrt once and for all.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 25 September 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Well in time you will see how well that works. Its deluded to think you will gain players in that strategy. I dont mind filling in if there was the option not to or we were given the same tools. I have hunting buddies who think they are great because they pay to hunt in preserves. Controlled envrioments all biased to the paying customer. They have all the bedding locations mapped out and guides who know every inch of the terrain. No challenge to that. The truth is the best hunters go it alone in open ranges. We will never know who is actually good in the current envroment.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 25 September 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Kind of exactly how I feel. Living with a disability I don't want or need anyone to carry me. I will pug till I feel I am ready to be an asset to a team. I notice many premades when separated are easy kills. I guess the mostly need crutches.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 25 September 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Having lived on the real streets one comes to understand gang bangers. In groups the are vicious and hard to beat. One on one they run. I am sorry but most pugs see this behavior in premades.. Don' t know how many countless times one gets separated and in a one on one fight they hightail it. We all know this and your not that tough as much as you brag and try and tell us so. We can see it here on this thread. You heap abuse in groups and very few can have courage to admit we have valid points. Those are the ones who show courage going against the groupthink here.

The last one equating premades to gang bangers is my personal favorite.
And made sure to include entire quotes so they wouldn't "be taken out of context"

My reputation..... bwahahahahaha
Good day to you sir

Told ya when I got back to a PC I'd happily include better examples :D

#148 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostSandpit, on 25 December 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

That's not now, nor ever been the way lone wolves were intended to be integrated. They're here to fill holes in matches. That means if everyone is a PUG then everyone is a pug. If a few 4 mans need slots filled (which will soon be even more needed with group restrictions coming off) then lone wolves fill those slots.

What really needs to happen? Players need to stop blaming the "premade boogeyman" for their losses. It's not a premades fault you lose. Not to mention that if there's a premade on one side there's a premade on the other. It evens out. You're not losing games or getting stomped because "premades touched me in a bad place". You're losing and getting stomped because of teamwork. Teamwork has NOTHING to do with premade or pug.

Teamwork has to do with being a team and working together as such. It has to do with actually doign things like focusing fire, sticking together, holding locks for lrm boats, situational awarenes, etc.
Nowhere in there is voip an issue. The only and I mean ONLY advantage voip users have is being able to communicate a bit faster when things start happening.

Premades get rolled just as often as pugs do. The fact that you won't admit or understand this is the problem, not the fact that there's 4 man teams running around in your game. Until the OP and players like the OP realize this, they'll continue getting stomped, complaining about premades, and looking for every reason they get stomped other than "maybe my team just wasn't playing very well"

I wish this post could be hammered into the very souls of a few people, I really do.
I have played in a lance a few times now in my unit-not on comms with them, because I was in a skype call with someone else. Maybe there was a TINY drop in effectiveness and cohesion but not much. We still moved as one, still focus fired still covered each other.
The sole reason PUGS lose can be summed up with one thing "I=/=ME."

Edited by kamiko kross, 05 January 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#149 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 05 January 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

You must mean the new kids in the "Robinson Rangers Brigade" or whatever they call themselves now.

The old guard 1st RR seems to have vanished, a long time ago. I just wear this for old time's sake.

i'm not sure who, but it was when pappy was in charge

#150 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 05 January 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

The last one equating premades to gang bangers is my personal favorite.
And made sure to include entire quotes so they wouldn't "be taken out of context"

My reputation..... bwahahahahaha
Good day to you sir

Told ya when I got back to a PC I'd happily include better examples :(

Nothing makes me smile more than some zippy who thinks he won the internet. :ph34r:

Your a Duck Commander alright.

#151 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 05 January 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

Nothing makes me smile more than some zippy who thinks he won the internet. :ph34r:

Your a Duck Commander alright.

About what I expected because that's generally your attitude when you get called on your evil premade rhetoric instead of being the "victim" of some evil plot to "ruin" your game

I won nothing, I merely pointed out your hypocrisy and made it very clear to anyone that might want to drink your kool-aid before they did so. You do NOTHING but troll the forums and poke your head in offering absolutely nothing constructive about how to help new players. The ONLY thing you do is jump up and down and flail about talking about how those of us that use TS are inferior, premades stomp pugs, and you can't use them because your PC won't run it, yet you seem to think an integrated chat cleint is going to magically force your computer to run it even though it uses the same resources minus maybe a HUD or GUI that TS uses.

You offer nothing. You play the victim card and constantly spew your "Hey if you're a pug, casual, or new player comes over here and huddle with me so the evil premades don't touch you"

#152 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

You got me on the troll thing dead to rights.... By about 4000 posts. :ph34r:

#153 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 05 January 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

You got me on the troll thing dead to rights.... By about 4000 posts. :ph34r:

Such a sad waste of a voice that has the opportunity to stop being a martyr and instead voice concerns, ideas, suggestions, and just contribute to the community overall.

You should really take some time to reflect on what you COULD do instead of what you're GOING to do. You attack anyone who uses TS, plays in premades, and disagrees with you. As well as those who offer you options, advice, and help. Now you're just relegated to troll status by most and all most of us do is dismiss you and hope we can help new players see past your martyrdom for something a little more.

#154 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostSandpit, on 05 January 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

Such a sad waste of a voice that has the opportunity to stop being a martyr and instead voice concerns, ideas, suggestions, and just contribute to the community overall.

You should really take some time to reflect on what you COULD do instead of what you're GOING to do. You attack anyone who uses TS, plays in premades, and disagrees with you. As well as those who offer you options, advice, and help. Now you're just relegated to troll status by most and all most of us do is dismiss you and hope we can help new players see past your martyrdom for something a little more.

Have you read anything said about you on the other forums or reddit? Illusions of Grandeur.

#155 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

gang bangers ruining the game with their groupthink and crutches

#156 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 05 January 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Have you read anything said about you on the other forums or reddit? Illusions of Grandeur.

Point being? I'm glad I'm infamous enough to make it to "other forums". It means I'm "popular". Every time they say my name, a troll loses a typing finger. It's a win win for me

#157 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 05 January 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Does it matter what anyone says about him on other forums? It certainly does nothing to further your case against him on THIS FORUM. Sure Sandpit can be (more often than not in fact) a jerk, but he contributes more to this community in a day than I've seen from you in the entire time I've been here. You're a clueless blowhard that has apparently consistently failed to make ANY friends in life and therefore feel as though all should suffer the same fate.

The sad thing is, you might have had the ability to make a difference had you been able to control your pre-teen urges to attack any and all that didn't agree with you.

It's a TEAM GAME, get over it or find a new game to play.

#158 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostR Razor, on 06 January 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Sure Sandpit can be (more often than not in fact) a jerk,

QFT