Pentagon Of Equals

104 replies to this topic

#21 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Synching 12s to conduct prematched duels would be even better imo.

#22 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

it is definitely easier, however i do not think we should team kill.

#23 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

You wouldn't have to. There'd be twelve duels available.

#24 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

View Postzudukai, on 25 December 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

it is definitely easier, however i do not think we should team kill.

If i may ask, what would be wrong in killing a "team mate" in a organized Trial? The two combatants basically agree and until we have private matches with possibly assimmetrical teams it will be needed when you have less than 24 warriors.

If possible, i would prefere a 12vs12 battle with opponents chosen by firing on them to give a more "realistic" feel.

@Lukoi: do you use the whole map, a big or a small portion of it for your Trials? We usually do them in a small circle of equals so LRMs are not officially banned but not useful (spheroid LRMs have a minimum range so they are useless in very close range and the area is too small for an effective use, while if in the lore they are used because of a bigger Trial area).
i would like to have more different duels by using a bigger empty area to make LRMs useful.

Also i remember that the TAG was banned in Zell duels, but if you ban LRMs and streaks you have nothing to fear.

#25 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

If it's all open tournament, then I'm all in. :)

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostTank, on 26 December 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

If it's all open tournament, then I'm all in. :)

Do mercenaries actually have honor? :blink:

#27 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 December 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Do mercenaries actually have honor? :blink:

Well... We do have to fulfill our contracts if we wan't to get hired in future, bad rep will not get you a job. This is actually considered to be an honorable as I recall. It's that our origins may have any background, not exactly noble. :)

And I'm aligned with Hanseatic forces, upkeeping order and keeping raiders with other space scum away from out colonies.
Will join IS in upcoming war to earn some extra for making life in those colonies a little bit better.
That's shortly is my characters background. ;)

#28 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

We could just do actual organization before the match, with duels being called out before you drop, so its a bit more fair and organized. Then just set people dueling on opposite teams. We could meet on a public server or a clans server to meet up and just keep groups rolling in an open format.

we could have star vs star, clan vs clan, and just open duels going on. It could make for one hell of an epic event

Edited by Lucky Moniker, 26 December 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostTank, on 26 December 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Well... We do have to fulfill our contracts if we wan't to get hired in future, bad rep will not get you a job. This is actually considered to be an honorable as I recall. It's that our origins may have any background, not exactly noble. :rolleyes:

And I'm aligned with Hanseatic forces, upkeeping order and keeping raiders with other space scum away from out colonies.
Will join IS in upcoming war to earn some extra for making life in those colonies a little bit better.
That's shortly is my characters background. :unsure:

Sounds good.. But i never heard so far of mercenaries respecting Zellbrigen. Did you, quineg? :P

View PostLucky Moniker, on 26 December 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

We could just do actual organization before the match, with duels being called out before you drop, so its a bit more fair and organized. Then just set people dueling on opposite teams.

we could have star vs star, clan vs clan, and just open duels going on. It could make for one hell of an epic event

Epic, ye. Organized, yes. But i would prefere choosing for example each team gets 3 lights 4 mediums 3 heavies 2 assaults and then every one chooses his opponent. It would give me more the feeling and the excitement of the battle.

#30 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

We are Clan Ghost Bear. This world is ours. Those that dispute our claim must identify the size and location of their forces for immediate disposal.

As stated, Clan Ghost Bear is interested in this honourable set of trials of strength. As Star Commander Lucky Moniker explained we have zellbrigen dueling often at the end of trial of position and practice nights. I for one am VERY interested in this as well. Nothing shows the skills of true warriors than honourable dueling, where the show of continuing practice and dedication really shines through.Plus it is a lot more fun trying to take on an opponent by ones self without interruptions.

One method I had thought of for doing open Zell between Clans at this point in the game is using a simple whisper list. Using a central Teamspeak, be it NGNG, Comstar, Marik, or another You have two dedicated rooms for Zell drops. You have a whisper list for Room 1 and for room 2. Depending which room you get assigned to you use the opposite whisper key to issue challenges to your opponent

"I am Oathmaster CoffiNail, I am in the <Mech name>, I challenge <Pilot name> in <Mech name> to a duel of honor. Do you accept?"

You can make this ritual longer or shorter depending on the time, need or I would say even length of time into the 'match'.

I find the biggest mistake in the issue of the batchall during a battle is the lack of mech identification. You could even go so far as to say the colour of your mech if you are schemed slightly different then other trothkin on your side.

Truth be told, I have been trying to get Zell going in both MWLL and MWO in little bursts, never fully came about. I am very excited to see the interest building in this thread. If we could prove to PGI that Zellbrigen is feasible in a fashion perhaps they will give a reward for Clanspeople who follow it. Cannot force it, but a reward for following the rede of combat could be do-able... plus these could make for some amazing footage. Ghost Bear has had atleast a star worth of dueling going on at once, and it is a very interesting sight watching a space filled with dueling mechs... Warriors focused on a single opponent. It is magical
Posted Image

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I am trying to gather interested people among my Wolf brethen.

I like your idea of the whisper lists, Oathmaster.

I am sure we will have the support of the Ghost Bears when trying to organize this kind of events.

I also announce that I and my techs are working to see if we can make some little modifications to my Hunchback 4H and Catapult K2 to make them ready for this most important challenge..

#32 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Sounds good.. But i never heard so far of mercenaries respecting Zellbrigen. Did you, quineg? :P

Aff, I did, if you're looking for respect of Zell. Romanov's Crusaders as mercenary unit is stated to be trained exactly for chivalrous dueling.
Also an another unit called Brotherhood of Randis are following strict moral codes and complimented by Clan traditions.
They call their warriors knights, and I think they will be above all willing to engage in chivalrous combat.
This was topic of my old research, just had to bring up my bookmarks. :P

I think, it's only natural that those who live in Periphery try to avoid wasteful behavior in anything, including combat. Harsh environment and scarcity of resources will lead society to develop rules against waste, including mercenaries.
Background is the factor, that most likely will determine if a mercenary will be able respect rules of Zellbrigen.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Most interesting research indeed.
Well, some Clansmen might react badly if mercenaries sought to fight against them respecting the traditions of honorable combat (you know they abhor the idea of soldiers paid to fight for someone).. But honestly i always liked mercs and i am starting to trust you.

I look forward to meet you in the field of honor! :P

#34 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 December 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Most interesting research indeed.
Well, some Clansmen might react badly if mercenaries sought to fight against them respecting the traditions of honorable combat (you know they abhor the idea of soldiers paid to fight for someone).. But honestly i always liked mercs and i am starting to trust you.

I look forward to meet you in the field of honor! :P

It's not uncommon for mercenary to be shunned, yet where battles are toughest and most refused to march, there will be mercenaries.
I rede that your trust will be not misplaced.

Likewise trothkin and seyla. :P

#35 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

depending on how things go i see no reason not to make this a monthly affair...

Edited by Lucky Moniker, 26 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#36 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 26 December 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

depending on how things go i see no reason not to make this a monthly affair...

Seyla.

#37 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 December 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

If i may ask, what would be wrong in killing a "team mate" in a organized Trial?

no blue on blue is what i was trying to say.

#38 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postzudukai, on 27 December 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

no blue on blue is what i was trying to say.

it is quite annoying when you cant target the mech you are fighting to know where you need to shoot. Not to mention if you are using streaks or lrms you cant lock, but lrms usefullness is very limited in Zell, and people are talking about not using streaks, so its not a big deal. In Ghost Bear, we have no issue with streaks, especially now that they don't hit CT every time

Edited by Lucky Moniker, 27 December 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#39 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 27 December 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

it is quite annoying when you cant target the mech you are fighting to know where you need to shoot.

True.

Not to mention if you are using streaks or lrms you cant lock, but lrms usefullness is very limited in Zell,

Aidan Pryde and Phelan Ward may disagree..

Edited by CyclonerM, 27 December 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#40 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well PGI disagrees with both of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users