• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

BLR-1G

This is a build I was toying with in Smurfy and decided to give it a go. Now keep in mind you MUST chain fire and it works best to group the LL's into two separate groups. This build is surprisingly effective but not for the feint of heart.

You can also go with this
BLR-1G

If your'e feeling really ambitious. If you can get two of these running around on the field with a little coordination then the opposing forces are in trouble. Any mech that rounds a corner or gets targeted by a pair of these and it's over.
On the second you can also tweak and drop the 7th LL for more DHS which will give you a higher DPS but lower front end if you unload all lasers at once.

Merry Mechmas everyone

#2 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

You're carrying an awful lot of back armor.

#3 Ostdarva

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Firstly nice try on the laser mech idea it has potential.

see your talking about flanking a target, and not giving them chance to fire back realistically you would get much more out of taking 6 medium lasers an AC 10 on the ballistic arm and a singular large laser or er large laser on the hand to give you some ranged poke if the engagement isn't in your favour. In terms of annihilating a target before it has chance to react. that large laser build is a poke at range machine, not a scrapping fighter which in my opinion the BMR is made for. also running medium lasers you can group fire 6 for no additional heat penalty.

maybe try something more along those lines.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2dac3d17dd1434f (my BMR-1D)

I cant personally think of a way of keeping up a good manoeuvrability and get any more punch than that currently has across lots of different situations, the Er laser gives me something to fire at around the 700+ Meter mark and not waste precious ammo (for those massive open maps) while still keeping a lot of close quarter kick from the AC-10 and the 4 medium lasers, couple with the fact you can fire up to 6 medium lasers simultaneously without taking additional heat modifiers and its well within its optimum fighting ability.

remember this has been built as a fast attacking flanking high damage output shock unit. It does pretty well on the front line though but its not the best.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f5e5df14ae9348 (my BMR-1S)

this is my LRM support machine I used to run this with more missiles and 4 medium lasers but I was finding that there are those times when I cant get missile locks and the medium lasers wouldn't reach the target solution get a pair or ER large lasers and drop down to only 30 missile pods. (weak against being rushed by lights and mediums)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...14228a33593c8f9 (my BMR-1G)

now this is my bread and butter combat machine. An the amount of atlas's and other 70-100 tonne mechs I have taken down with this thing is ridiculous the 2x AC-5 have a tremendous amount of sustained damage at medium range and a lot of players don't even realise that you have shredded there armour before its too late then you close in for the kill with a 6 hit burst medium laser hit (fired simultaneously) I think this is quiet possibly the best machine I have in my arsenal, yet it does lack over the 700 metre + distance.
(reason I rate the dual AC-5 over an AC-10 is because of the higher fire rate you can afford to be chain firing at smaller mechs and risking the misses as they try to dance round you if they do want to get that close to you.) I did have a variant with a tag laser or NARC missile but I swapped it out for an extra AC-5 and heat syncs.

as we all know no mech is perfect everything has weaknesses and flaws. Thats why we have a team.

i'd like feedback.

Edited by Ostdarva, 31 December 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

For a while I was running 2 PPCs, LL, 4 MLs with 21 doubles, 350 XL, and 512 armor on my 1G. Did ok, I liked it. Tried swapping the PPCs out for ER models, but the heat cutting into rate of fire vs. extra range was a wash.

Right now I'm running it with 2 ERLLs, LL, 4 MLs with 22 doubles, endo, 400 XL, and 512 armor. It does ok, and I think most folks are little surprised by a big mech that can top 80 kph.

#5 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 December 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

BLR-1G

This is a build I was toying with in Smurfy and decided to give it a go. Now keep in mind you MUST chain fire and it works best to group the LL's into two separate groups. This build is surprisingly effective but not for the feint of heart.

You can also go with this
BLR-1G

If your'e feeling really ambitious. If you can get two of these running around on the field with a little coordination then the opposing forces are in trouble. Any mech that rounds a corner or gets targeted by a pair of these and it's over.
On the second you can also tweak and drop the 7th LL for more DHS which will give you a higher DPS but lower front end if you unload all lasers at once.

Merry Mechmas everyone

7 LL? I thought my 4 PPC build was hot...

Although hot or not, there's something stupid fun about packing that much punch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users