What Homeworld Clan Do You Wish You Could Play As?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

As we all know the 6 Invading Clans are raising heck throughout the entire Inner Sphere with their fancy tech. But if playing as a one of the canonical Homeworld Clans,(Crusader or Warden) was an optional choice, as a playable faction with their own faction icon which one would you choose?

Posted Image
I would go with Clan Blood Spirit since they have elite warriors, Blood Kites, and an ambassador system. Had they would have had better Blood Spirit Council members, the right connections, better ilChis and even a better morale. They could have scored their own Inner Sphere Occupation Zone in the process. Personally, I think it would be interesting to get the Blood Spirits off their lazy butts instead of sulking in a corner whining about the other clans.

Edited by Will9761, 01 January 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

the only klan that was Annihilated for espousing anti-Clan sentiments, such as democracy and independence and became the Minnesota Tribe. last seen in 2825 passing thru the inner sphere and into the deep periphery. 331st Royal BattleMech Division would be an excellent choice over the other klans for anyone.

#3 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 31 December 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

the only klan that was Annihilated for espousing anti-Clan sentiments, such as democracy and independence and became the Minnesota Tribe. last seen in 2825 passing thru the inner sphere and into the deep periphery. 331st Royal BattleMech Division would be an excellent choice over the other klans for anyone.

Do not forget that they used a Tactical Nuke on a Snow Raven Repository; it was for this reason that a vote was passed for a trial of annihilation. While Nicholas Kerensky butted heads with their Khan and they did not agree with his views he was not ready to go after them for these political views but one they tried to commit a g e n o c i d e they were rightly punished.

Edited by FireSlade, 31 December 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ttteeeechnically the Snow Ravens accidentally blew up their own repository, but that is not strictly known within the lore except by the Ravens who were actually present at the battle.

#5 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 31 December 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Do not forget that they used a Tactical Nuke on a Snow Raven Repository; it was for this reason that a vote was passed for a trial of annihilation. While Nicholas Kerensky butted heads with their Khan and they did not agree with his views he was not ready to go after them for these political views but one they tried to commit a g e n o c i d e they were rightly punished.

http://www.sarna.net...:Clan_Wolverine
Wolverine's True Story

Betrayal Of Ideals describes this story in a quite different way, especially the nuke was not planted by clan wolverine but instead by two saboteurs of clan widowmaker and detonated by the widowmaker khan. what is canon now? Dunkelfalke 21:31, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
  • This article has not been updated with info from those stories. --Scaletail 22:25, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
  • Feel free to update it, Dunkelfalke. Don't delete information (regarding the 'old' understanding), but indicate where the 'perception' may have changed. Imagine yourself as an historian, looking back on those times, and reading source material from differing points in time. Write from the perspective of what it appears to you 'now', much later in time.--Revanche 23:41, 26 July 2009 (UTC)

After reading the "Betrayal Of Ideals" stories, I also wonder if there were in fact two distinct group of survivors of clan Wolverine,
a) the ones using the "Zughoffer Weir" McKenna-class warship (and maybe accompanying ships), remains of the larger task force led by then Khan Hallis, engaged by the hunters during their resupply stop at the Barbados system (located way off of the "Exodus road"). At least the "Zughoffer Weir" seemed to be able to have made an escape.
:rolleyes: the smaller task force, arriving in the Barbados system after the battle, picking up the few survivors on Barbados and merging with a smaller group (Sibko) which also arrived late in the system.
Per order of the ilKhan all records and maps were altered to purge the Barbados system from the "common memory", so founding a colony and hiding in that very system would have been feasible. And somehow the "Zughoffer Weir" seams to have made it at least into the reach of ComStar/WoB, probably into the IS or at least the near periphery.- 11:32, 6 June 2010 (UTC)

Edited by Skylarr, 31 December 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#6 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Heck, if it's Homeworld Clan may as well go all the way- Star Adder. They are as evil as you get without being childish.

They may have Elstars in Command.. Can you imagine that- Command Elstars. +X Initiative.

They will have used the Societie's weapons.

To be honest- The Society is my favorite faction. I cannot get enough of the Improved ATM's. They work like streak missiles- with variable ammo. Including Inferno. Including Mag. Pulse. That allows so many possibilities, with almost no loss of heat or ammo, while being non-energy. (Remember, Focht noted he beat Comstar general in wargames due to basic mistakes they made- like over-reliance on energy weapons, which made them slightly weaker in small engagements, and he whittled them down. )

Anyways, Star Adders look crazy. Unless they get wiped out or beat by some thing completely out of the blue- they win- hands down.

#7 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

You know what? Cobra Kai never Dies!

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Which point of the timeline are you referring to?

I do not really know very well the events after 3061 (yet)..

I would say Snow Ravens (before the Raven Alliance) or the Diamond Sharks (i read that around that point of the timeline they start tending back to the Warden philosophy).

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

3051, the Clan Invasion(the game's current timeline). I always though of how interesting it would be if another Homeworld Clan had the opportunity to join Operation Revival as a reserve Clan, then carved out their own Occupation Zone.

Edited by Will9761, 01 January 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Posted Image
That is all.

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 January 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Posted Image
That is all.

The Adders have been known to train in Inner Sphere tactics. Had they would have been in a part of the Clan Invasion, the Inner Sphere would have been screwed.

Edited by Will9761, 02 January 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#12 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

For me there is only one clan - the clan where i belong - Clan Star Adder .

#13 Houseckat

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image, formerly Posted Image, formerly Posted Image

My mechs have been painted in Beta Galaxy colours for at least half a year, already, in anticipation of the invasion.

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

See my sig.

Been CBS only for about 10-15 years. In NBT-planetary leagues, we were re-writing the fiction to place the Blood Spirits in a better position. Go read some of the NBT-HC roleplay threads like "Interesting Times"

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 05 January 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

GJ and his CBS mates are good people. Of course I will stay Star Adder as my sig notes :P

Speaking of NBT....I wish Dire Phoenix and his crew would be given CW to run for PGI. Win-win For all imo.

Edited by Lukoi, 06 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#16 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Goliath Scorpion

#17 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 31 December 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

You called?

View Postdaneiel varna, on 02 January 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

For me there is only one clan - the clan where i belong - Clan Star Adder .

I prefer more intelligent clans. we have figured out much more than Clan Star Adder... we can multiply, divide and subtract as well ;)

View PostHouseckat, on 05 January 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Posted Image, formerly Posted Image, formerly Posted Image

My mechs have been painted in Beta Galaxy colours for at least half a year, already, in anticipation of the invasion.

That clan isnt bad, but there are alternatives;
Spoiler

#18 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hail,

From a gaming standpoint, Clan Star Adder has a following that has been online the longest. Same time frame as the Shadow Rat Marauders.

So I will vote for my unit.

Seyla,

#19 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 07 January 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

I prefer more intelligent clans. we have figured out much more than Clan Star Adder... we can multiply, divide and subtract as well :rolleyes:

More intelligent one ???? Which one ??? - Coyotes , Blood Spirits , Ice Hellions - please elaborate ? English is not my native ! ;)

#20 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image
Any day.... But if I had to choose one of the non-invading clans, I guess I would have to go for these guys.

Posted Image

Edited by Vincent V Kerensky, 07 January 2014 - 07:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users