What Homeworld Clan Do You Wish You Could Play As?

35 replies to this topic

#21 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostWill9761, on 02 January 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

The Adders have been known to train in Inner Sphere tactics. Had they would have been in a part of the Clan Invasion, the Inner Sphere would have been screwed.

It was because they did train in IS tactics that they failed to get in. They knew they needed more troops than was being bid. At the time of the invasion the FedCom had 120 Regiments (give or take) and the DCMS had around 90. The Clans combined don't have enough forces to match the FedCom total force! Thermopylae , for all the glory of the fallen, was a ROFLStomp!

#22 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

The clans were so stupid to make that choice. And that was why they failed.

#23 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostWill9761, on 09 January 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

The clans were so stupid to make that choice. And that was why they failed.

Its not stupid - it is their way of thinking - the little resources they have in their hands teach them to be very economical . Is it stupid 300 years wars and countless lives only for handful of people to be come more rich and powerful .

P.S. In our eyes IS house leaders are gready , hypocritical surats .

Edited by daneiel varna, 18 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#24 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Well, think about it. You can be the most powerful empire with the best tech, but if someone finds a flaw they will take advantage of it. Yes, now it is true that the Clans did cut through the Inner Sphere like a hot butter-knife. But once the IS forces learned about them, they manipulated the Clans and used their own games against them. Sooner after, the Clan lost resulting in their powerful assets and soldiers going to the Inner Sphere.

#25 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

No matter your statment that the clans are stupid is shallow . If you wish neutral point of view - here is all the factions in battletech are the same as in the real world - all sucks - if you think your country is great and all others sucks , same is thinking for his own country a guy from the other end of the world .

#26 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

The clans aren't bad, but their view of superiority was what hampered them. It's just you can't always expect people to play by your rules or do what you want. If someone can exploit you in any way possible, they will do it.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostWill9761, on 19 January 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

The clans aren't bad, but their view of superiority was what hampered them. It's just you can't always expect people to play by your rules or do what you want. If someone can exploit you in any way possible, they will do it.

I know this might be considered "heresy" or even unthinkable, but you have to blame Nicholas Kerensky. He was kind of shocked by the "assassination" of his friend DeChevalier in an ambush and later when creating the Clans that event had an influence in creating the Clans' honor rules and philosophy.

Source: The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky

#28 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I read about that, even Andery Kerensky fell to the same fate as DeChevelier.

Edited by Will9761, 20 January 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#29 Fatebringer

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Clan Snow Raven, Defenders of the Nest, Better than the rest!

#30 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I love that catchphrase.

#31 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

I am Jade Falcon, to the core.

But if I had to choose a home clan, I would probably go Clan Coyote. How many other clans betrayed everything the clans stand for and lived to tell about it? That alone marks them as survivors in my book. Sure they had to purge quite a few of their own, but they always had one of the higher technology bases among the clans. Also, killing off most of your scientists is not necessarily a downside, it just means there are fewer scientists lobbying for resources for their own pet projects, meaning your R&D can be more focused.

#32 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

You also have to remember that the Founder continued to make changes to his new society. Surkai, to name just one example, was introduced only after Ethan Moreau came forth after Operation Klondike. One has to ask, what other changes did Nikolas have in mind or would he have introduced if not for Widowmaker perfidy?

#33 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Clan Snow Raven, my feathered trothkins. Superiority in space and air is crucial. I would love to see a game of aero-space combat in BT universe, something like War Thunder actually has even MWLL implementation would go.

#34 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 29 January 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

even MWLL implementation would go.

Buy a Visigoth and donimane the air!

#35 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Other than MWO's maps being too small, Cryengine is supposed to support vehicles and how much would it really tax their servers to add 4 players to each team and have them pick Aerospace Fighters. It really would be incredible and immerse you into the game; especially when you are brawling in your mech and you watch Aerospace Fighters fly overhead and bank towards an enemy target. I know that one of the reasons why I love Planetside 2 so much is the huge battles, that can sometimes turn into a 3 way fight, that includes infantry, tanks/vehicles, and air-support.

I know that if I had been designing MWO as a MMO style game I would have tried to set up each planet as a giant world that you would fight for control over and players could choose their to fight as Infantry, Tanks, Battlemechs, Omnimechs, Aerospace Fighters, or Dropships. Load up with what they wanted and fight for control of the planet and its resources. Keep everything else that they have (minus the complicated ballance items), maybe add refit times (for more TT realism and add more "flavor" to the Clans) and just make it all the more immersive. None of these 8 minute skirmishes that are so very boring just to grind for some new toy. But that is just me and maybe PGI can look at those ideas if they want to do a MWO 2.

#36 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 29 January 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Clan Snow Raven, my feathered trothkins. Superiority in space and air is crucial. I would love to see a game of aero-space combat in BT universe, something like War Thunder actually has even MWLL implementation would go.

That is actually a pretty smart choice. These guys are the kings of Naval Assets. If you want a Dropship, Warship, or any ship you come to them. Had they would have joined the invasion as a reserve clan, the invasion force could have increased their naval power by 85 percent.

Edited by Will9761, 29 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users