Advanced Tutorial: No-Win Situations (Subject To Debate)

67 replies to this topic

#61 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the video/tutorial Hoaggie! Some great points in here about teamwork and communication. Nice job!

#62 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostNyel86, on 13 January 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Dispute what fact?

That you win or lose as a team.

No one disputed that. No one.

Let's take a look:

View PostXavier Wulf, on 04 January 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

So yes, you do infact win or lose as a lance.

View Postoldradagast, on 06 January 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Agreed.

View PostNyel86, on 10 January 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

You've given no argument besides "You don't win or lose as a lance, you do it as a team." Neat thought, but you have given nothing to support your opinion that would make me think it is fact, as you seem to.

#63 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostSigifrid, on 13 January 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

If you bothered to keep reading, you would have noticed that I pointed out how it is unlikely that all 12 players will be on voip together, and thus the maximum number of players that can relay information effectively is 4 players, as that is the maximum size of a premade (PGI forced that restriction, although this is not the place to debate the reasons for the 4-man premade restriction). Without the ability to verbally communicate with the rest of the squads in a drop, it is extremely difficult to effectively communicate under fire outside of your lance.

If you cannot communicate with the other squads effectively, is it possible to actively coordinate with them? The answer is no: you can lay out a basic plan with them, but plans have a habit of not surviving contact with the enemy. The best teamwork can only be achieved within a set number of players that can actively communicate. In the PuG queues, that number is 4 players.

You seem to be under the impression, that voicecom is needed for teamplay. That is not true. Teamplay becomes way more effective with voicecom, true. That does not mean, however, that you should not or can not work with teammates who you can't talk to. You don't even have to use chat for basic teamwork!

#64 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostNyel86, on 14 January 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

HI guess people just needed to find something to complain about or bring Hoaggie down a notch

I am more under the impression that you have a burning need to defend Hoaggie, with no regards to logic or reason.

#65 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

John Branon, you are way off topic.

Your feedback stopped being feedback or relevant a long time ago.
I'm trying to help the community, you are trying to troll the community. Read the Code of Conduct.

Primus of ComStar said:

Unconstructive / Spamming

Our definition of Unconstructive / Spamming includes:
  • Posting Off-Topic replies.

http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/

Please stop posting here.

#66 Al Bert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostHoaggie, on 09 January 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

I get that the title of the thread could be better, but I cant change that.

Yes you can if you want :ph34r: if you go edit your first post, use the "Use Full Editor" button below the text box and on the new page, you have additionally the topic title to edit it. This of course works only if you opened the thread, whcih in this case is the case.

Thanks for the video, i like the off-comments which bring it to the point. Also your video about Moving, Shooting and communicating has important comments most of us easily do not stick to during fight. Many know it, only few translate it into proper action. So thanks again.

Edited by Al Bert, 15 January 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#67 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostJohn Branon, on 14 January 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

You seem to be under the impression, that voicecom is needed for teamplay. That is not true. Teamplay becomes way more effective with voicecom, true. That does not mean, however, that you should not or can not work with teammates who you can't talk to. You don't even have to use chat for basic teamwork!

Alright then, do you know /why/ we were in the cave?

Its not mentioned in the video because it was not relevant to the purpose of this video, but the purpose is to pincer the enemy team... now tell me how this is not teamplay? The plan failed as is prone to happen and clear communication salvaged the situation, which is the point being made by the video.

Engage your brain a little before responding next time.

#68 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostHoaggie, on 13 January 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

You make a point that people before you made, and it is far too late for me to change the title in the forums, if you actually looked you would see that I have changed the video name on youtube, but IMHO nine out of ten lances walking into that cave would not have done as well as we did. Even on voice coms, even knowing what was coming.

Have to totally disagree with the humble opinion here.

There are plenty of 4 man's teams who not only do what you guys did in that cave but do it not losing a single member of the lance.

Kudos for making the changes of the title.

Keep helping the community, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 22 January 2014 - 09:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users