Lf Clan To Run With (12V12 Etc...)

22 replies to this topic

#1 Wicketness

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

looking other players to play with e mail is _wicket7@excite.com
i have a atlas ddc and jager jm6-dd both have elite upgrades (note jager i am running 40kph with my choice of 6 ac 2's 4 ac 5's or 2 ac 20's) the ddc i rarely use unless i get lrm'd to death and i go on a killing spree >;)

currently working on a stalker 5m missle boat

player name is wicketness

#2 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostWicketness, on 05 January 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

looking other players to play with e mail is _wicket7@excite.com
i have a atlas ddc and jager jm6-dd both have elite upgrades (note jager i am running 40kph with my choice of 6 ac 2's 4 ac 5's or 2 ac 20's) the ddc i rarely use unless i get lrm'd to death and i go on a killing spree > ;)

currently working on a stalker 5m missle boat

player name is wicketness

You may apply to join a clan, if you wish to join clan wolf, create a forum account at www.clan-wolf.info and hop on TS. The information for TS is on our website.

#3 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Which Clan are you looking for? Or are you looking for any unit (Clan, House, Merc) to run with?

#4 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Are you looking for a clan, like FPS clan, or clan as in Battletech clan? Because, and I`m assuming so I don't mean to offend, but I don't think you realize the clans are a group of lore following players mainly, not usually just playing. Otherwise, yes Clan Jade falcon is always looking for players, drop down to our channel in TS, its on the NGNG server.

#5 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...corps-outreach/
this is what you are looking for

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

Why no one wonders what are these "Clan Jade Falcon" etc. for in the "gaming clans" section? ;)

#7 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Because some players are new to Battletech. I am always willing to teach those interested in the way of the clans and Kerensky`s teachings. So I welcome them to come, just not post stuff like this.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 12 January 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Because some players are new to Battletech. I am always willing to teach those interested in the way of the clans and Kerensky`s teachings. So I welcome them to come, just not post stuff like this.

Sure, i welcome them as well if they are interested in Clan lore, but i still wonder what did Niko Snow write his warning posts for if no one reads them and goes to the proper section when looking for a random merc unit or even promoting his own unit :D

#9 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yeah I see your point. I think it should be a preliminary thing to read before you can post in this section, so we don't have this problem.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 13 January 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yeah I see your point. I think it should be a preliminary thing to read before you can post in this section, so we don't have this problem.

And it is supposed to be so. You are supposed to read the rules for the each forum section and other sticked threads which look like important ;)

#11 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 January 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Sure, i welcome them as well if they are interested in Clan lore, but i still wonder what did Niko Snow write his warning posts for if no one reads them and goes to the proper section when looking for a random merc unit or even promoting his own unit ;)

The thread titled "Factions - Clans" should read "What does the word CLANS mean in MW:O (Read this First)"

Then go on to say that while the word Clan means a group of players who have come together to play a game in MW:O the word Clan means:
the self-exiled remnants of the Star League Defense Force army, after Stefan Amaris brought about the downfall of the Star League. General Aleksandr Kerensky led his forces beyond the Inner Sphere because he believed that a terrible war was brewing between the Great Houses; a war that even the once mighty Star League army was powerless to stop. The exiles evolved into a warrior-based civilization that would sweep through the Inner Sphere like a whirlwind 250 years later.

If you want to belong to an Inner Sphere House Unit go to Factions - Inner Sphere Or if you want to belong to Merc Unit, a fan created unit, go to Merc Corps - Outreach.

#12 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

I wonder if a "The" could fix all this....

#13 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostSkylarr, on 14 January 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

The thread titled "Factions - Clans" should read "What does the word CLANS mean in MW:O (Read this First)"

Maybe.. By the way, trust me, the four Clan names (Wolf, Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar) should look enough off place to get some curiosity to push you to explore the pinned threads.

If they do not.. What does it mean "Clan and InnerSphere names"? And "Canon Clans"? ;)

#14 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

One benefit to such posts as this one is that everyone can see which pilots are too dim to be permitted into a cockpit, quiaff? Perhaps if such 'warriors' bothered to actually learn what a Clan is before asking to be made a bondsman to one, we would not have so many Technicians underfoot.

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

One objective of any game is to be able to fully immerse the players who play in it. We know the clans were founded beforehand and reach somewhere else but we pledge ourselves to follow clan law and play our roles in the game. To also have fun of course. But at the same time we keep alive the traditions of those who came before and bring them to life, we can look through the eyes of a mechwarrior and feel the heat of mech combat. Of course you can have the opposite and call it a game and nothing more but when you pledge yourself to a faction, you bear the weight of the name

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 16 January 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

One benefit to such posts as this one is that everyone can see which pilots are too dim to be permitted into a cockpit, quiaff? Perhaps if such 'warriors' bothered to actually learn what a Clan is before asking to be made a bondsman to one, we would not have so many Technicians underfoot.

Aff.

But.. After you, the great warrior, come back from a glorious battle, you may want more Techs to work on your 'Mechs :D

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 13 January 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I think I ma have earned a place posting in these threads, I ma be a bit rusty, bu the foundation of my Clanner knowledge seems to be sound.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 17 January 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Maybe when you click on "Clan factions" a windows pops up and asks you to pass a Trial of Position little test in order to be able to post :P

#19 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 January 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Aff.

But.. After you, the great warrior, come back from a glorious battle, you may want more Techs to work on your 'Mechs :P

Aff, I am never unmindful of the work the Technician Caste does to keep my mech functional (though I also attempt to not require their efforts as much as possible). I do, however, become slightly irritated when there are so many several are needed to replace one illumination unit. I become even moreso when I keep coming into the dropbay and find one sitting in my cockpit asking when he/she will be granted a second chance to test out because 'I did not study enough the first time'.

#20 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostJakob Knight, on 17 January 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Aff, I am never unmindful of the work the Technician Caste does to keep my mech functional (though I also attempt to not require their efforts as much as possible). ...

My techs would absolutely adore you. I routinely give them barely functional mechs to put back together. If my mech is not a shambling mess of barely functional parts held together with duct tape, good wishes, and myomer strands then clearly I was not fighting hard enough. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users