Do Not Mute Mwo When Alt+Tab'd Out.

3 replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Hello staff and players.

One thing that really irks me is that players end up AFK'ing for sometimes up to two minutes before they get into a match. Granted, long load times and this "Ready up" system is no small cause of it, but one thing that I think would help to alleviate the problems would be to have MWO sound run even when alt-tabbed out of the game.

While there are bound to be some people who have to either put children to bed or go for a Bio - that much is inevitable, I have a feeling that there are many people simply alt-tabbed out of the game while they browse the internet in the mean time, often getting caught up into it and either lose track of time or potentially forget about the pending game.

If a simple inclusion of sound while alt+tab'bed out were made, I think that the number of AFK (Or just away-from-game) players would decrease, dramatically.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

its more often people setting weapons etc. its pretty rare and I'm glad there is no sound when out of the game, besides if your doing other stuff dont be playing.

#3 Venom Assassin

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostFirewuff, on 08 January 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

its more often people setting weapons etc. its pretty rare and I'm glad there is no sound when out of the game, besides if your doing other stuff dont be playing.

I disagree. I commonly do this, as ive encountered "ready up" times of 8 minutes or more. I league, the sound when alt-tabbed is a lifesaver. I think they should at least give us the OPTION to alt+tab with sound. the setup is just frustrating as-is.

#4 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

Thoroughly disagree.

If there are problems with matchmaker, they should be addressing THOSE problems, not adding workarounds that do little but compensate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users