3 replies to this topic

#1 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

All I'm suggesting is that we eventually get the ability to customize the colour or display of our reticule. Similiar to WoT.

I would love a chance to have the reticule change when its not on the crosshairs.

For me that little tiny yellow circle gets quite lost and just giving us that aspect of customization, I feel, would help with immersion and really "owning" they mech you bought.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Yes absolutely, and if I may take the suggestion further

Customise
Left/right/centre arm/turret reticles, split/unify & customise
Where I want to swing my arms to reticle, on/off & customise
Hull weapons reticle, customise
Main cockpit torso twist reticle, customise

I’ve been sitting locking at those useless 6? Squares around the main torso reticle thinking there is so much more pertinent info I could have displayed instead.

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I like the idea as with long range shots I find the circle too big and blocks my view frequently.

#4 SuicSpyder

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

Bumping this because I think it would be a change that would really increase player satisfaction relative to the coding effort it would probably require.

It's too easy to lose track of that tiny, neutral coloured circle, especially if you run lights.

Higher visibility and customization would help both newer players as well as the colourblind. I notice an awful lot of players running arm lock when they could really benefit from turning it off, and I highly suspect that reticle visibility may play a key role here:

New Player: "****, why did half my lasers miss? Oh, yeah, the arm thing...frig, I can't even see where that reticle IS...*turns armlock on and never unlocks them again, even though it cripples their ability to deal with close range engagements, light mechs, and firing on the move...it really prevents them from experiencing the true piloting/manoeuvring capabilities of their machines, and from gaining experience while taking full advantage of the mech's capabilities.

This is partly why you see so many players who have been playing for months, but still cant seem to aim at targets that arent standing still or facing them.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users