#121 Sylvenkind

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA Ohio

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Ahh... So what you are saying is we shouldn't be waiting for the product to be released first, we should always pay first and I guess expect(hope) for the product later. Many have already done so and for a lot more than 200$, including myself. There comes a point in time where the content actually has to be delivered. UI2.0 and community warfare, I'll believe it when I see it and will have no issues with investing more money into the game once it happens, or if it even happens at all. "Playing" the game for free? What are we actually playing here? A few game modes with meaningless matches that have no context and don't really amount to anything.

1. money you have already paid, you got what you paid for, dont think i saw anything about paying for UI2.0 they said its coming, but didn't sell it to you. I see you paid for founders, and a phoenix pack, that was mechs and game time at Prem, you got that. There is now a Pre-sale for Clan mechs they call it what it is PRE Sale, i assume your other 2 packs were presale, and you did get those, so you got exactly what you paid for. My point here, they did deliver what they said they would, that you paid for and they delivered it ON TIME, when they said they would! The rest you didn’t pay for, nor did they ask you to pay for it, so it does not matter when or if it comes out, you didn’t pay scrap for it in the first place.

2. "What are we actually playing here?" - ah a game where you jump in a mech go to a map and destroy other mechs what did you think you were playing?

3. ITS A GAME! of course its meaningless and amounts to nothing.

You should have been around when we had to pay a quarter (or more depending on the game) a game at the Arcades, went through a ton of cash fast, oh and it didn’t amount to anything and it was just as meaningless...well more so lol

Edited by Sylvenkind, 10 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#122 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Every time I see a whiner post or that idiotic "N.O.P.E.", I commit a dollar to the game. Just to buy MC and save it up.

ok nope x500 there you go. Now you can buy a gold mech

I love if some one does not have your view they are idiotic. I think a mirror is calling you

#123 echohead

Rookie

• The God
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

The kids that run this company need to look at successful F2P games like DOTA and LOL that don't have pay only playable units and charge a much fairer price for cosmetic things. You need a strong game that isn't broken then to be fair to your loyal customers and people will have no problem dumping shitlaods of money into your product, instead you have almost insulting sales like this and unbalances pay to win stuff on the horizen.

#124 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Really? A product. Are you really going to pull this when it's so clearly spelled out for for you. These things you want. These things you are complaining about. THEY ARE NOT A PRODUCT! To be a "PRODUCT" as you so put it they have to charge you money for it. Are you totally daft, or are you so mad that you have gone temporarily bonkers? I'm going to break your post down. Point by point.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!
You have gotten every single thing you have paid for. EVERY! SINGLE! THING! If you didn't then that would be theft and you are utterly mental if you think otherwise. MENTAL I SAY.
Let me break it down for you. Never once, never ever ever ever once was this game a "PRODUCT." There never was any "Pay X or you can't play." And no beta access does not count. Better cut that off before anyone gets any funny ideas. You bought founders. You got the mechs, premium, the mech cash. You bought Phoenix and got every thing out of it. You have literally gotten every thing you have PAID for.
There is simply no "PRODUCT" undelivered. What you are referring to is a feature that will be avialable to all. FREE OF CHARGE. That they never once explicitly put a price tag on.

New product/content, I don't care... you could go over the definition of it all day, doesn't matter to me. Never once did I say I'm not getting what I'm paying for, I just won't put any more money into the game until there is something that I see worth paying for. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

N.O.P.E.

#125 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

New product/content, I don't care... you could go over the definition of it all day, doesn't matter to me. Never once did I say I'm not getting what I'm paying for, I just won't put any more money into the game until there is something that I see worth paying for. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

N.O.P.E.

I've finally uninstalled MWO - playing it nowadays just makes me angry and it looks like I was right anyway - another day, another weekend, another round of cash grabbing MC sales - no one cares now about colours, mechs, or whatever you have for sale.

#126 Cpt Leprechaun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostSylvenkind, on 10 January 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is a free to play game! No one forced you to pay a dime, and what you did pay for you got!

You want this you want that, but dont seem to have any concept of cost to develop and maintain a game like this, nor the time it takes to do it right.
Developers cost money weekly, a good developer cost even more. i have seen a few say they spent around $200 or a bit more over the time they have played the game. Your $200 doesn't even pay ONE developer for a week.
Servers cost MONEY to maintain Monthly (not to mention a sysadmin or 3) Your tiny $200 over a 2 year time doesn't cover the cost of ONE good server for a month, or even a week of a system admins salary. And we have not even gone into the cost of design teams and software engineers, marketting.... ect

one thing is 100% certain, if PGI does not have revenue, you are never going to get new content because they will not be able to pay the developers for it. I swear all the bitching about sales, and lack of content has gotten real old. If you don’t like the game , it holds nothing for you, not enough content then move the **** on, the game and community will be better with out YOU.

I paid to play a game that was promised to me and now a year and a half almost two years later I can say I have yet to get what I paid for. as founder I can say that no I have not gotten what I paid for ...yet... I am sure Ill get it "Soon"™

And as for your explanation on how they need money to make the game all I can say is ... duh. thats why we arent paying them either they give us what we want, what they have promised, or they go belly up and sell the IP to someone that can actually do the job.

#127 rekohunter

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

New product/content, I don't care... you could go over the definition of it all day, doesn't matter to me. Never once did I say I'm not getting what I'm paying for

Really? You didn't? Hmm. Thanks to the power of the internet and the quote system lets have another look shall we! Doo doo doo. Dee dee dee. Ahhh here it is!

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Ahh... So what you are saying is we shouldn't be waiting for the product to be released first, we should always pay first and I guess expect(hope) for the product later. Many have already done so and for a lot more than 200$, including myself. There comes a point in time where the content actually has to be delivered.

Well it looks like your right. Never once did you ever utter the phrase "I'm not getting what I paid for." However you did happen to say that you and many others feel like you have piad for a product that has not yet to be recived. Oh that sounds like "I'm not getting what I paid for" to me. Yes it does.

Now I'm going to let this go here and now. I've made my point and at any further in this this is just me bullying you. Because as you said. You don't care.

So you know what? That's fine. Go on not caring, not making logical choices, having unresaonable demands, and feeling entitled to the hard work of others. Keep being part of the problem. Keep being the reason publishing houses put so much preasure on game devs to make money. Keep being the reason that this is happening exactly as you despise.

Cause you are. You really really are. Cause for every dollar in the red Piranha starts to go Infinite Game Publishing is going to twist the screws. Tell them to focus more on making money. Twist their arms till they give you some more bobble heads to complain about. Ya know why that is? Cause they are going to look at these forums. They are going to look at your uneducated and irrational posts and demands and blame Piranha for it.

You and everyone else who throws a little temper tantrum when a sale is anounced is making the problem worse!

IGP: "Well there's nothing wrong with our marketing, and our sales. Look here! On the forums! It's cause you can't do your jobs!"
Piranha: "But we keep having to pull developers off for to make these hero mechs and the paint schemes. We can't keep up with the timetable."
IGP: "Hmmm. I'm sorry. What was that? More hero mechs and camo schemes? Glad I thought of it. Pull another few devs off the stuff not making us money and work on the stuff that sells or well find people who can!"

Every rant, every rave, every half witted attack, every incitement of boycot, every little tyraid, does more to hurt Piranha and their ability to get these features they obviously want to get to you out to you.

Now White Panther I'm not soley at you with this. I'm not focusing all of this obvious rage on you. No no no. There are so many others out there that are worse. Worse by far. You just happened to be the one who presented their thoughts in the most clear way for me to go after.

We all play this game. We all want it to be better. We all want these features that haven't come out yet. We all want this to be the best damned thing since sliced bread. Hell I grew up on battletech. We all need to be better, do more to help. These flame wars, mine included, are nothing but useless and pointless distractions. What we need to be doing, all of us, is not crying our eyes out but getting involved.

Provide constructive and logical feedback. Make Piranha want to reach out and work with us. The players. Make them want to bring us into the development process. Let us take a look around and offer our opinions, not our hate. They know we are going to be disapointed when a feature gets pushed back or removed. Trust me. The hardest meetings I ever attended when QA was watching the developers get the news that they won't be making it on this release. That it's getting back burnered. Hell features getting canned are the worst. All the hard work and time that goes into it...

Developers... They all want to make a game the best they can. Give you everything. The best thing you'll ever play.... all that is pie in the sky... cuts get made, priorities change, and things get back burnered. I wasn't with SOE when DCUO went free to play. I'd moved on to a much higher paying, less hours, and less stress job of being tech support.... for a major cable provider... any who! So I don't rightly know how hard producers are riding these guys. In a game that's free, with no promise of money from every player that logs in... Think about that.

No way to garuntee money. No way to make sure there is pay day. That's scary as hell business wise.

So in closing. What we ALL need to do, is get out of this thread about a bloody sale your either gonna buy or not, and get into one of the feed back for upcomming features threads or one about current mechanics and strat providing constructive feed.

There! All done and wrapped up! Made my point, lashed out on someone on the internet(yes yes I'm a ****), and hopefully provided a tiny bit of insight and guidence on game developers and why these rants and hate is not actually helping.

#128 Cpt Leprechaun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Really? You didn't? Hmm. Thanks to the power of the internet and the quote system lets have another look shall we! Doo doo doo. Dee dee dee. Ahhh here it is!

Well it looks like your right. Never once did you ever utter the phrase "I'm not getting what I paid for." However you did happen to say that you and many others feel like you have piad for a product that has not yet to be recived. Oh that sounds like "I'm not getting what I paid for" to me. Yes it does.

Now I'm going to let this go here and now. I've made my point and at any further in this this is just me bullying you. Because as you said. You don't care.

So you know what? That's fine. Go on not caring, not making logical choices, having unresaonable demands, and feeling entitled to the hard work of others. Keep being part of the problem. Keep being the reason publishing houses put so much preasure on game devs to make money. Keep being the reason that this is happening exactly as you despise.

Cause you are. You really really are. Cause for every dollar in the red Piranha starts to go Infinite Game Publishing is going to twist the screws. Tell them to focus more on making money. Twist their arms till they give you some more bobble heads to complain about. Ya know why that is? Cause they are going to look at these forums. They are going to look at your uneducated and irrational posts and demands and blame Piranha for it.

You and everyone else who throws a little temper tantrum when a sale is anounced is making the problem worse!

IGP: "Well there's nothing wrong with our marketing, and our sales. Look here! On the forums! It's cause you can't do your jobs!"
Piranha: "But we keep having to pull developers off for to make these hero mechs and the paint schemes. We can't keep up with the timetable."
IGP: "Hmmm. I'm sorry. What was that? More hero mechs and camo schemes? Glad I thought of it. Pull another few devs off the stuff not making us money and work on the stuff that sells or well find people who can!"

Every rant, every rave, every half witted attack, every incitement of boycot, every little tyraid, does more to hurt Piranha and their ability to get these features they obviously want to get to you out to you.

Now White Panther I'm not soley at you with this. I'm not focusing all of this obvious rage on you. No no no. There are so many others out there that are worse. Worse by far. You just happened to be the one who presented their thoughts in the most clear way for me to go after.

We all play this game. We all want it to be better. We all want these features that haven't come out yet. We all want this to be the best damned thing since sliced bread. Hell I grew up on battletech. We all need to be better, do more to help. These flame wars, mine included, are nothing but useless and pointless distractions. What we need to be doing, all of us, is not crying our eyes out but getting involved.

Provide constructive and logical feedback. Make Piranha want to reach out and work with us. The players. Make them want to bring us into the development process. Let us take a look around and offer our opinions, not our hate. They know we are going to be disapointed when a feature gets pushed back or removed. Trust me. The hardest meetings I ever attended when QA was watching the developers get the news that they won't be making it on this release. That it's getting back burnered. Hell features getting canned are the worst. All the hard work and time that goes into it...

Developers... They all want to make a game the best they can. Give you everything. The best thing you'll ever play.... all that is pie in the sky... cuts get made, priorities change, and things get back burnered. I wasn't with SOE when DCUO went free to play. I'd moved on to a much higher paying, less hours, and less stress job of being tech support.... for a major cable provider... any who! So I don't rightly know how hard producers are riding these guys. In a game that's free, with no promise of money from every player that logs in... Think about that.

No way to garuntee money. No way to make sure there is pay day. That's scary as hell business wise.

So in closing. What we ALL need to do, is get out of this thread about a bloody sale your either gonna buy or not, and get into one of the feed back for upcomming features threads or one about current mechanics and strat providing constructive feed.

There! All done and wrapped up! Made my point, lashed out on someone on the internet(yes yes I'm a ****), and hopefully provided a tiny bit of insight and guidence on game developers and why these rants and hate is not actually helping.

you are ranting so therefore your post is invalid. :P

Edited by Cpt Leprechaun, 10 January 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#129 rekohunter

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 10 January 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Your horibly wrong so your point is invalid. Or if you feel you are soooo right.

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 10 January 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

I paid to play a game that was promised to me and now a year and a half almost two years later I can say I have yet to get what I paid for. as founder I can say that no I have not gotten what I paid for ...yet... I am sure Ill get it "Soon"™

Sounds like you and your ilk have a real case for "Failure to provide services." That is "if" your right. You seem to think you've paid for something you didn't get. I don't seem to remember anywhere saying founders got me more than some mechs, premium, and some icons. I don't remember seeing anywhere that at offical launch we are promised and entitlted to these features. I think the phrasing was that we would be helping to support them as they developed this game as a whole.

So I'm ranting and you're wrong. Hmmm. I'll take wranting over being wrong and sticking with it.

#130 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Don't even worry about it, you're not even raging in my books. Not even a single name call (for the 10 seconds I used to skim over your wall of capital letters). The reality of my point is that there is nothing you or anyone could do about it until the real content is delivered, if at all. So you can say whatever you like, its not about you, its the developers. I am the paying customer here(not at this moment however).

Edited by White Panther, 10 January 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#131 rekohunter

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

Don't even worry about it, you're not even raging in my books. Not even a single name call (for the 10 seconds I used to skim over your wall of capital letters). The reality of my point is that there is nothing you or anyone could do about it until the real content is delivered, if at all. So you can say whatever you like, its not about you, its the developers. I am the paying customer here(not at this moment however).

Mate you may wanna have a read of my post. A good hard one. It's not the developers you should be mad at.

#132 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 10 January 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

And as for your explanation on how they need money to make the game all I can say is ... duh. thats why we arent paying them either they give us what we want, what they have promised, or they go belly up and sell the IP to someone that can actually do the job.

You paid for a Founder Pack and Early Access to Closed Beta...that's it. Everything else is in your head.

You got exactly what you paid for.

Edited by Tyberion, 10 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#133 Cpt Leprechaun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I think the phrasing was that we would be helping to support them as they developed this game as a whole.

we didn't get the game they said we were paying to support. therefore your post is invalid yet again. :P
and on the timeline(s) they put out for said game.

Edited by Cpt Leprechaun, 10 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#134 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Mate you may wanna have a read of my post. A good hard one. It's not the developers you should be mad at.

N.o.p.e, that's alright. There is nothing to be mad at really, I got what I paid for and that's it. Well, except for that small issue about the phoenix badge. But w/e, that's no biggie for me. The bottom line is if I don't want to put anymore money in the game until the real content is delivered, then its my decision. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that. This is a public forum and I will communicate my opinion, just like you.

Talk is cheap and I'm the one with the money in hand.

#135 Planet Roq

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSilverdale

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Ya, I'm not mad at all. I like how this is going, I think that if the DFM comes out in the next couple of months, I think it will be great!

oh wait...my bad. wrong forum.

N.O.P.E.

#136 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostPrimetimex, on 10 January 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

I've finally uninstalled MWO - playing it nowadays just makes me angry and it looks like I was right anyway - another day, another weekend, another round of cash grabbing MC sales - no one cares now about colours, mechs, or whatever you have for sale.

Don't be stupid you, MWO isnt that horrible to uninstall it, not like they're forcing you to buy the damn colors.

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 10 January 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

You {Dezgra} he's making a point, regardless if he's ranting or not. You sound like a [redacted] 10 year old.

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 10 January 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

we didn't get the game they said we were paying to support. therefore your post is invalid yet again. ^_^
and on the timeline(s) they put out for said game.

I understand that you paid for a game that you didn't want, but complaining with upmost satire won't help the situation.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 11 January 2014 - 12:10 PM.
Filter avoidance

#137 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Wow, I was only trying to troll, but jeebus talk about this thread and circle jerking...

#138 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Can I have your guyzez stuff?

#139 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostNgamok, on 10 January 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Can I have your guyzez stuff?

Gifting coming soontm

#140 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Red? I was hoping for gold- according to Russ that colour is 'extremely cool'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users