#161 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostMexicutioner46, on 11 January 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

90 Days. 90 Days after open beta launch I was supposed to have CW. Skip to two years later. I get CW in 90 Daysx3..... I was in during closed beta and even forked out $60 on a very unpolished game. Then Overlord package and phoenix reinforcements, thought hell, maybe this last little cash pull will push them over the mark and get me CW... Alas, I was naive and mistaken, as two months after Phoenix, CLAN INVASION was announced. The Clans are invading our death matches for what? People who claim FREE are morons, as it was the founders initial by-ins as well as the Phoenix packages buyers that funded this game, on the false promise of CW and UI 2.0, DX11, etc.

N.O.P.E.

i paid just as much into the game and i didn't have a chance to pay for a founders(found out about the game a a little late. like i said before money doesn't equal progress. what they are trying to do is big and there are so many technical issues that can go wrong and bugs like nobody business. Do people care? no, do people realize the hard work? no, they just want gimme, gimme because they paid for something. In their case they didn't know how hard it was gonna be to work with what they have, so without that they probably thought they were gonna get done. there is so much more than just A 3D artist working on the game.

#162 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostMexicutioner46, on 11 January 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

90 Days. 90 Days after open beta launch I was supposed to have CW. Skip to two years later. I get CW in 90 Daysx3.....

It's always great how time frames are expanded, when someone desperatly wants something.

We can't even play MWO for two years yet. Earliest I have seen where some Developer reports about awesome battles in late march 2012, in their friends and family beta. Closed Beta began two months or so later. So at best we now have 20 months of gameplay. Open Beta was started in October 2012, which is 15 months ago.

So wherever you got your numbers from, they are wrong by a serious margin.

#163 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Well... after funding the founder's project and phoenix, i can say this to you all, no CW, no more money.
Not even UI2.0 has been realesed yet...
Tell you what, pull out U.I2.0 and CW, and ill buy the clan pack.

#164 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

Because all my life i grew up around programming and the different aspects. then theirs coding. not to mention changing variables which can be a pain. All we have to do is play the game, and enjoy the work that comes out.

#165 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

"UI 2.0 is the skeleton for all future content in the pipeline" that's why we haven't seen what we really want because theirs a limitation. unless they can get past that what else can they do? but the idea is to throw money at a man who you expect to dig through a brick wall with his bare hands

#166 Mexicutioner46

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostEgomane, on 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

It's always great how time frames are expanded, when someone desperatly wants something.

We can't even play MWO for two years yet. Earliest I have seen where some Developer reports about awesome battles in late march 2012, in their friends and family beta. Closed Beta began two months or so later. So at best we now have 20 months of gameplay. Open Beta was started in October 2012, which is 15 months ago.

Oh boo hoo. I was off 2 months. Must mean im blowing smoke out of my ***... You got me oh great moderator! You're right. We dont need CW or UI 2.0. We need MOAR MECHS AND PAINT COLORS!!! I was in the first wave of closed Beta.

Edited by Mexicutioner46, 11 January 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#167 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

N.O.P.E.

#168 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostJabilo, on 10 January 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hero mechs please.

Hero/Champion mechs WITH a mechbay included!

View PostWanderingSoul, on 10 January 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Agreed but there are other ways to communicate with them besides punching them in their funding?

No, there isn't

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 11 January 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#169 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

So in closing. What we ALL need to do, is get out of this thread about a bloody sale your either gonna buy or not, and get into one of the feed back for upcomming features threads or one about current mechanics and strat providing constructive feed.

We all tried that during Closed Beta - look where that has brought us. Still no CW or Role warfare - I could give a {Scrap} about the UI 2.0. This is a game without context - "Because it has mechs" is insufficient justification to get people to play.

PGI selling stuff -- A micro-transaction such as camo or cockpit bling is okay - if that's what you really want to do with your disposable income, but a Hero or a Champion mech that does not come with its own mechbay?

However, all these microtransactions in a game without context is just gambling - in the game's present state, it really is throwing good money after bad.

I still have my Founder's 20,000 MC. Why? Because the game is not ready. It is effectively still a beta - the phase where fine tuning the game is conducted, often with the help of "Beta testers" who do not have to pay to play the game. If there are any of you out there that believe we need to throw money at PGI in order to get this game rocking, well, you're just fools.

Especially since none of us are being treated or respected as investors (because that's what people are called who are supporting someone developing something which will earn money in the future when it is released.)

Greetings Beta Testers!

#170 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

20 months right now feel like 20 years, especially when most games during this time are pretty much done with the basics and moving towards an "InfDev" mindset along with a community created content program to make users feel like they are actually contributing instead of being mindless drones.

this pretty much feels like a bad joke on repeat where PGI's version of "InfDev" is stalling and C.C.C. is "pretend to listen, trash ideas, make money"
---

I can basically keep copypasta'ing this until the cows come home,

"we as a community have the resources to help a game flourish and grow, with skills and drive we are willing to give to companies for free, absolutely free, because as a community we believe in something, showing off. Community Created Content is a lifeline that more and more developers are starting to set their eyes on as a way to welcome the community while increasing their assets. yes there will be sub-par submissions, but there are gems out there, and both the community AND the developer know that the few gems out there are what can make the game GREAT."

This game is hurting because of the lack of it

#171 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

i find the name of this sale, very ironic must mean they can't get clan tech to work properly

#172 samuraigrinder

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

WE DON'T WANT SKINS! WE WANT MECHS AND GAMEPLAY ADVANCEMENTS. WHY SHOULD I KEEP PAYING PGI TO WASTE MY MONEY? PULL YOUR DEVELOPMENT TEAMS OFF OF {Scrap} LIKE THIS AND FINISH THIS GAME.

#173 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

While some praise is deserved for an MC discount, my heart longs for a one half off mechbay sale.

#174 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostMagos Titanicus, on 11 January 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Bought some reds with black friday mcs. So i am 70% off. That's fine for me. i hope there will be a loyalty (grind) bonus to those off us...

Now there is an interesting idea. Recieve a 2-5% bonus for flying faction colours.

#175 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

The reason why things may seem long is the way PGI is handling their game. Instead of developing for 4-5 years then releasing, they decided that developing a game in progress with player feedback was better. look at skyrim, god knows they had ample time to work on it and it still came out buggy. for those of you complaining about the time its taking just lock up and go away for a year or two. then come back and things will be different.

they really should have started working on a new UI before they started tho, if they did that then things would probably be faster

#176 MisterFiveSeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

The fact that you picked this post to respond to, just to quibble over numbers, speaks volumes about all of the other vitriol in this thread.

Some of these people are trolling and ridiculous, but it really says something when every single one of these threads just fill with hate due to the glacial pace of content development. Other games, when they delay something, might be like:
"Hey, we knew everyone was really looking forward to this, so let's do a live stream to show the progress that's been made and then explain in detail why we chose to delay this release."

PGI releases a vlog with no new information a month after it was filmed. See the difference?

#177 Aaron45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostMindwyrm, on 10 January 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm sorry PGI. I'm with Tedarin and many others on this. No Content, No Cash. I won't be purchasing clan mechs, premium time, or anything else that requires $ until you start completing and releasing content. It doesn't matter how much you put it on sale. I regret this because there is many things in the current game that I would like to have. Yet I feel this is the best way to make you understand that the endless delays and broken promises are over the line.

Pretty much this. I even dont buy Mechbays anymore rather colours

#178 nrg9x

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

This whole pre paid mechs that arnt even out yet is a bit dodgy. You could blow tons o cash but u dont even know how it plays , once you get it , it could handle like a truck with flat tires and a busted radiator....

no no , im not a srz playa , im just not that rich ....

back to the point now , seems to me , mech fashion draws attention and enemy fire too.

#179 rocketboots

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Paying for early access to new mechs/unique designs is something I understand, but paying money to unlock a simple colour? No thanks! It's the worse kind of "freemium" nonsense which is rife in the games industry at the moment. This isn't Candy Crush Saga guys.

I really do enjoy the game, I want PGI to make money so they can continue to make improvements to it, and produce more content which players actually want. But not if they are doing it by locking out the most basic of features.

#180 RedThirteen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRockets

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I stuck my hand in bird poop five minutes ago. On a whole that experience was far better than watching MWO's p1ss-poor growth since its closed beta. Also, white knights who can't spell.

Edited by RedThirteen, 11 January 2014 - 03:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users