Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

MC Mech Sales? No thank you.

How about some CB Mech sales?

#22 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostJabilo, on 10 January 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hero mechs please.

+1. Sell me a Red Misery or Crimson Boar's Head for 30% off.

#23 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Red with Envy? Red is anger, not envy. But lulz? ^_^

#24 Neogrin

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 January 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

There's virtually no legitimate reason to buy the 5V with MC. The Lolcust falls into this category as well.

There is no reason to buy ANY Non-Hero 'Mech with MC. The best advice I got was in the forums "Use MC to buy a Hero 'Mech, then use the C-bills generated by the Hero's +30% C-bill bonus to buy the same chassis non-hero 'Mechs. Master the chassis type...Rinse and Repeat."

Also, why has there been mis-types on the graphics created for the last couple of promotions? I know it's not the same people doing the promotional graphics as the people who are coding the game (at least I hope not) but a little attention to detail would reassure the customer that the game isn't run by a bunch of scatter brains, when they are trying to get the customer to spend money.

#25 Vidarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationVestibule of Creation

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Ah, another sale. Back to waiting again.

#26 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostMindwyrm, on 10 January 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm sorry PGI. I'm with Tedarin and many others on this. No Content, No Cash. I won't be purchasing clan mechs, premium time, or anything else that requires $ until you start completing and releasing content. It doesn't matter how much you put it on sale. I regret this because there is many things in the current game that I would like to have. Yet I feel this is the best way to make you understand that the endless delays and broken promises are over the line.

Agreed but there are other ways to communicate with them besides punching them in their funding? News to me.

#27 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Nice, been waiting for some of the primary colors to come back on sale. Will have to purchase some of these tonight.

I get the gripping about the lack of FEATURES (content is coming down just fine.) But the gripes about the sales themselves seem a bit off base.

From what I've seen, their sales tend to follow a fairly predictable pattern:

- Color sale, with patterns, and STANDARD mechs MC costs cut down.
- Hero Mech Sale, with 3-4 Hero mechs cut down in cost + a few patterns for said frames on sale.
- New CB mech sale. Newest CB mech fame has patterns / colors that are linked to only it reduced in price. (Almost always comes once a new CB mech is introduced into general population.
- Cockpit item sale, cockpit items and a few colors / patterns reduced in price.

THESE are the 4 sales that seem to be in constant rotation nearly every month. At SOME point in time in the month, you can probably predict that these sales would happen at some point.

Then there are the RARE sales that tend to over ride one of the above sales:

- Premium time sale
- GXP conversion Sale
- MC Sale (Rarest one of the bunch that only happens once or twice a year.)

These sales RARELY happen. But they do happen once a year at least. If these are the things that interest you the most, then just horde MC or cash and wait for one of these sales. That doesn't mean that others can enjoy the sales that come around every month ourselves.

#28 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

I find this very ironic with how the forum has been filled with much anger lately, I hope it is a subtle stab at the jerks. Definitely made me laugh.

#29 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I still play, I have invested a bit over 170$ into the game so far and have around 8000 matches since open Beta, for me though no CW, no UI 2.0 = no sale. I wish I had a reason to slow down my Star Citizen spending craze and yes I know SC isn't even Alpha yet.

#30 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Buying red is pointless. It is the least varied color. I have phoenix, basic, and the two hot rod reds. I will never need a different hue. Those weaker shades are just variations on pink, which no serious MechWarrior outside a Heavy Metal would equip.

#31 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

View PostThell, on 10 January 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

I find this very ironic with how the forum has been filled with much anger lately, I hope it is a subtle stab at the jerks. Definitely made me laugh.

You know, if you're right I think I would have to give them a little bit of respect due to humor.

#32 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostThell, on 10 January 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

You mean the people whom care and spend a great deal of money on this game? Obviously you have as well ... but I don't call them jerks for venting about the lack of key features. I wasn't utterly pissed until the Clan money grab happened. If CW + Lobbies + UI 2.0 had been released prior to Clan mechs, I would have been on the purchasing bandwagon I am sure.

#33 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 10 January 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I still play, I have invested a bit over 170$ into the game so far and have around 8000 matches since open Beta, for me though no CW, no UI 2.0 = no sale. I wish I had a reason to slow down my Star Citizen spending craze and yes I know SC isn't even Alpha yet.

This 100%

#34 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostTedarin, on 10 January 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Ha! the "U mad bro?" made me snicker.. seems they've been reading their own forum/facebook page.

Sorry bro, no content no cash.

lol..I only wish we could say it to them directly on person. Sorry bro, N.O.P.E.

Also as mentioned by Roland and others in previous announcements: Flamers don't work in your game PGI, stop making mention of them again please until you actually do some work.

#35 Mexicutioner46

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 10 January 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

You mean the people whom care and spend a great deal of money on this game? Obviously you have as well ... but I don't call them jerks for venting about the lack of key features. I wasn't utterly pissed until the Clan money grab happened. If CW + Lobbies + UI 2.0 had been released prior to Clan mechs, I would have been on the purchasing bandwagon I am sure.

This. Can't spell it out more. Content then Cash. Not other way around.

#36 Neogrin

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostWanderingSoul, on 10 January 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Agreed but there are other ways to communicate with them besides punching them in their funding? News to me.

Nope, hitting them in the funding is the Only way to be taken seriously in the business world. While MWO is a free to play game, make no mistake, it is a business.

No matter how friendly a company is, how generous they may appear or how may jokes they crack... the bottom line (the one thing that motivates any and ALL actions by the company) is how to exact as much money as they can from you, the customer. It's not a bad thing, it is how business works and that knowledge should always be in the back of your mind when dealing with a company. It's the customer's responsibility to ensure they are receiving value for the money they are paying and if not, to stop paying.

Edited by Neogrin, 10 January 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#37 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 10 January 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Nah, by the jerks I mean the people that are just irrationally angry and say nothing but rude comments. I am fine with people giving useful criticism.

#38 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

To PGI: Stick with your deadline or [redacted}! "Red with Envy"? Are you kidding me??

On a nicer note, if/when you deliver UI 2.0 + CW in a timely manner, there would be less bitching all around. : )

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 10 January 2014 - 04:50 PM.
Redacting filter bypass

#39 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostNeogrin, on 10 January 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Nope, hitting them in the funding is the Only way to be taken seriously in the business world. While MWO is a free to play game, make no mistake, it is a business.

No matter how friendly a company is, how generous they may appear or how may jokes they crack... the bottom line (the one thing that motivates any and ALL actions by the company) is how to exact as much money as they can from you, the customer. It's not a bad thing, it is how business works and that knowledge should always be in the back of your mind when dealing with a company. It's the customer's responsibility to ensure they are receiving value for the money they are paying and if not, to stop paying.

Still agree with you and your point, I was just jabbing at PGI for being "open minded" and their (lack of) reception to the requests of their user base.

Edited by WanderingSoul, 10 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#40 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

View Postxengk, on 10 January 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Applejack episode for MLP this weekend, Applejack pattern on sale this weekend.
Coincidence?

Thanks for that. I was running out of nightmare material. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users