Said no one ever.

#3 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Why/how? Be specific.

Honestly I think they're in a decent place right now.

#4 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

It doesn't need a buff, it needs a Quality of Life adjustment.
If you just press the fire button and keep it pressed, the UAC fires in single shot mode.
If you press the fire button twice in fast succession, the UAC fires in double shot mode.

I would also be very happy to have something like I've seen in MW:LL - the weapon having a "progress bar" indicating how close it is to a jam. (Which would also mean a change of the jam mechanic, of course, since the jam is currently a fixed percentage chance for jamming for each double shot. A progress bar would require a cumulative effect, e.g. each double shot generates 1 "jam point" and if you got 10 your weapon jams until it has no more jam points, and you lose 1 jam point over a certain amount of time, for example, the length of two cooldown cycles.)

#5 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 11 January 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

If you just press the fire button and keep it pressed, the UAC fires in single shot mode.
If you press the fire button twice in fast succession, the UAC fires in double shot mode.

I would also be very happy to have something like I've seen in MW:LL - the weapon having a "progress bar" indicating how close it is to a jam. (Which would also mean a change of the jam mechanic, of course, since the jam is currently a fixed percentage chance for jamming for each double shot. A progress bar would require a cumulative effect, e.g. each double shot generates 1 "jam point" and if you got 10 your weapon jams until it has no more jam points, and you lose 1 jam point over a certain amount of time, for example, the length of two cooldown cycles.)

Skill based and harsh penalty, I like it.

But that jam-clearance would take 30 seconds! :P

#6 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 11 January 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

Skill based and harsh penalty, I like it.

But that jam-clearance would take 30 seconds! :P

I like it too but drop it to 15-20 sec and go go gjam
Time out!

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 11 January 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

Except one does not know when their weapon will jam in a sticky situation. So holding the player's hand like this would be a disservice Must.

#8 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

I say nerf everything to 0.

#9 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

In my experience....

A single Ac2 feels like a BBgun
A single Ac5 feels sluggish and ineffective
A single UAc5 feels just right until you jam and want to punch a kitten
A single LBX feels perfect until you realize it doesn't do any damage
A single Ac10 feels like an Ac5 stuck in line at the DMV
A single Ac20 feels like a howitzer
A single Guass feels like a compound bow

UAc5s work ok when paired with 2s or 5s so you don't notice the jams as often, but they are garbage on the lighter/medium mechs they were intended for when you can only support one. There is really no way to buff them without making the UAc5 stupidly OP again, but if the jam rate were to drop back down to 15% were it was viable to take on mechs like my BJ-1, the ammo or component tonnage would have to be raised.

Edited by lockwoodx, 11 January 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#10 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

love UAC5's, by fqar bets weapon in the game. Dont use it as a single or as I do use it with LLas and jamingisn't so much of an issue. My Muremets is a devestating machine with 2x UAC5, 2LLAS and 1 MG (for crit seaking one the others strip you bare)..... one jams, no biggie.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users