26 replies to this topic

#1 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

What in your opinion is a better load-out for the JM6-DD, Long-range or Short-range? During my days on NBT i was always a thanatos with LBX's. I'm more of a get in your face and kill you with ballistics kind of guy, but what I have seen is LRM demolishing me. Should I change my tactics and learn some patience, or does anyone have a good config? I have 10 mil c-bills and considering armor and speed nothing has been working.

#2 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

For pugging? Maybe short/mid range. Long range can work out okay, though...

Just exercise some patience. Even if you go long range you will need to do that (peek and shoot).

#3 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Your choice really I run dual AC10s on my Ilya and it is absolutely a beast so a similar design to mine with MGs but slower would be http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0de1babdde5a808. The AC10s will open up holes in their armor and 120 meters out the MGs will tear their insides out. A long range version that might be harder since you have to get used to a charge mechanic is this that I saw work really well in a match 5 min ago. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a927ef6e4e46152 Good luck and good hunting.

#4 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

meta is some ballistic + PPCs. Do that and call it a day.

#5 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

JM6-DD How about this one? Ill have to play for another week before I can afford it, but I think it may be just what fits my style... Killing. I have yet to create a mech that will exceed 50 firepower, why is that?

Edited by xxBountyHunterxx, 11 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

I run a 2xERLL + 6xMG + STD300 troll build. I punch right behind enemy lines and shoot them in the back.

Some use 2xAC20. But it's not my style.

2xLB10X sounds fun. I actually used that plus an ERPPC in my JM6-A.

#7 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm very fond of the LBX-PPC layout, it tears 'em up. Armor just can't hold up getting hit by that to many times

#8 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostxxBountyHunterxx, on 11 January 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

What in your opinion is a better load-out for the JM6-DD,

I like jaggers. Almost all with XL. Easy prey...

#9 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostxxBountyHunterxx, on 11 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

JM6-DD How about this one? Ill have to play for another week before I can afford it, but I think it may be just what fits my style... Killing. I have yet to create a mech that will exceed 50 firepower, why is that?

The ER Large Lasers will run you hot with that one but with trigger control and range it will work for you; just use the ERLLs at range and up close use the AC10s (20 damage every 2.5 second) and MGs when they get even closer. Very few mechs under the assault weight class will get you over 50 firepower. The 50 is really what you can do with 1 shot of firing all of your weapons, basically alpha firing. This is less important than DPS sometimes, since being able to fire twice in 10 seconds dealing 50 damage is worst than being able to deal 20 damage 6 times in that time frame. Heat will also limit how many times that you can fire too so that can hurt you too. Also XL engines are lighter so you can fit more weapons and more faster but they come at a cost of being killed with just a side torso loss and they cost a fortune. That's not to say that they suck just that they can be difficult. I run them on almost all of my mechs. Oh and to hurt your wallet some more you should take a look at Victors. They have the speed and maneuvering of a heavy but punch of an assault.

Some of my builds:
  • VTR-9B
  • VTR-9S
  • VTR-9K

Edit: I missed the ammo counts. With 2 AC10 2 tons of ammo means that you can only fire 15 shots with a maximum of 300 damage. So that will hurt you. If you want some range with some punch try this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a491b469c7a72d this will give you 37.5 shots and 10 pinpoint damage to 810 meters with a max of 1620 meters. It will run hot though.

Edited by FireSlade, 11 January 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Jagermechs suffer in close combat when encountering focus fire to their side torsos, which are rather easy to hit and difficult to avoid. Even AC20 Jagers are in trouble should they miss their opening salvo, since most Mechs that would stay in their sites to brawl take at least two alphas to bring down, which is an eternity. I would personally recommend a cautious medium to long range approach, but it depends on how comfortable you are getting close with such obvious weak spots. Two LB10X cannons can wreck damaged Mechs if you are into that, i prefer uacs and large lasers in my Jagers.

#11 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Good stuff gentleman, I stick around here I will no doubt learn something. I am very open minded and will consider every avenue. I really like those first two Victors FireSlade, I used one of those back in Solaris VII, Duncan Fisher kept calling me Specter tho so I slap his face and got the boot

edit: Another q&a for ya'll since you all love spreading the knowledge, I read some were you can turn in XP or GXP for MC. When might that be available, 25/1 rate I believe?

Edited by xxBountyHunterxx, 11 January 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#12 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostxxBountyHunterxx, on 11 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Slow and under-ammo'd. That and your ammo placement is bad. Head and legs first, then arms, torsos as last resort.

#13 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Noted Escef, thank you

#14 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

JM6-DD is one of the few mechs I consider AC10 to be truly viable on.

You can mount 2 AC10 and 4x MG + 2 medium lasers without having to have tons of heatsinks or ammo for any particular system. Effectively it brings as much firepower as a staggered AC20 Jaeger, just less upfront potential in some situations. The MG's are actually useful in this case as an increase in firepower once the armor comes off over a typical AC20 Jaegermech.

#15 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

I run my DD wit 2ER-LL, 2AC5s & 4MG
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0e591903412c15b

#16 MechWarrior2730241

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Would EMC be a wise choice for this Mech?

edit: ECM

Edited by DrKerensky, 12 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#17 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

If you mean ECM, then no since the -DD (and all Jagers) cannot mount ECM.

If you mean something else, then idk what you mean. ^_^

#18 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Duel ac10 works very nicely and you can back them up with a few mediums, treb ac5s is also a killer.

#19 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

for reference here's the dual AC10 build I use. AMS ammo is not a risk as it does 0.0 damage... go ahead and place it wherever. You can alternately put in a BAP if you want, which can be useful as you are a fire support mech and should be hugging your local D-DC Atlas. JM6-DD

#20 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

2AC2s and 2 AC5s can wreck at long or short range and is possible with a small standard engine but an XL gives you more ammo/speed. Give it a try.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users