Mwo Has New Google Ads

Answered

273 replies to this topic

#21 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 12 January 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

is there an actual link to a page showing this ad and leading to the mwo website?

are you sure PGI is behind this?

They're in the OP, which is linked directly to Google's hosting for their ad system. If you really think someone went through the effort of creating a fake Google Ad to make it look like PGI/IGP stole art, you are beyond paranoid. Occam's Razor suggests that this is the result of PGI/IGIP screwing up. Again.

#22 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

View Postvalkyrie, on 12 January 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

They're in the OP, which is linked directly to Google's hosting for their ad system. If you really think someone went through the effort of creating a fake Google Ad to make it look like PGI/IGP stole art, you are beyond paranoid. Occam's Razor suggests that this is the result of PGI/IGIP screwing up. Again.

I wouldn't put it pass some of the {Surat} on this forum to make stuff like this up.

Those ads look extrememly fake, even the logo is wrong.

Wait... Kong guys are posting this... nothing to see here

Edited by dymlos2003, 12 January 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#23 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

View Postvalkyrie, on 12 January 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

Odd reply.

All I am trying to find is an actual ad on a website/search result on display with this image actually being used/clickable and leading to a PGI website.

If the poster can provide the image, he should be able to provide the actual placement.

Leave your conspiracy nutjobbery on the side please.

I would just like to see actual evidence beyond a link to an image.

Where is the big difficulty in understanding here?

#24 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

No! You guys aren't getting it!

These are obviously going to be released in the next patch! It's a subtle hint!

^_^?

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 12 January 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

Odd reply.

All I am trying to find is an actual ad on a website/search result on display with this image actually being used/clickable and leading to a PGI website.

If the poster can provide the image, he should be able to provide the actual placement.

Leave your conspiracy nutjobbery on the side please.

I would just like to see actual evidence beyond a link to an image.

Where is the big difficulty in understanding here?

TBH, I'm not even sure how google determines what ads I see. I get a lot of spam-like MMO type of ads and have personally never see an MWO ad from google.

However, given that such ads do exist (AFAIK, those are actual links from google's ad serving system) then it's likely that it is in distribution until whatever ad money-time is used up.

That is a likely scenario, not that everyone will easily find them as it is the current case.

The thing is, it's still rather unacceptable that the source of the original drawings are in use, and the original artist was not even asked in the first place...

Edit:
TBH, it would be par for the PGI/IGP course.

Edited by Deathlike, 12 January 2014 - 01:39 AM.

#26 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

Considering any one can make ads might be PGI and Might not be. But considering all of the inhouse art they have it makes no sense not to use the art they have that is already better. Maybe if they told an intern or something to do it but even then they would have to know there is already in house art to use.

#27 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 January 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

TBH, I'm not even sure how google determines what ads I see. I get a lot of spam-like MMO type of ads and have personally never see an MWO ad from google.

However, given that such ads do exist (AFAIK, those are actual links from google's ad serving system) then it's likely that it is in distribution until whatever ad money-time is used up.

That is a likely scenario, not that everyone will easily find them as it is the current case.

The thing is, it's still rather unacceptable that the source of the original drawings are in use, and the original artist was not even asked in the first place...

Edit:
TBH, it would be par for the PGI/IGP course.

A lot of it is based on what you search for , if you don't search for Mechs or MWO or something related, it won't generally show it to you except at random. It also depends on what the company paying for the add specifies as target audience and key words and relations. PGI could simply say, "Show this add to anyone who searches for Mech" and it would only show up to people who search for Mech.

#28 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Imho the MWO designs are much more beautifull. I do not understand why they do not use them instead.

#29 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 11 January 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

It's most certainly you. I was mistaken though. It's not your fourth point your head is so severely entrenched, but PGI's.

Nah dude,
I just capitalize on the comedy those of you who are so easily offended by the slightest thing.

I hear there will be a module in the upcoming revamp called "Thicker Skin" to go in the Pilot Feats slot. You might want to invest in it.

Edited by Roadbeer, 12 January 2014 - 04:29 AM.

#30 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Are you sure they didn't ask Shimmering Sword? Have to throw in another [citation needed] here.

#31 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostHeffay, on 12 January 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

Are you sure they didn't ask Shimmering Sword? Have to throw in another [citation needed] here.

The artist himself posted on page 1.

View PostShimmering Sword, on 11 January 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed, though also amused, to see them goof up like this.

I've already sent them first contact, we'll see what happens.

Perhaps if you took the time to read the thread first before going to bat for PGI as per the norm, things like this wouldn't happen.

#32 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

Heffay

Read the thread. SS posted on the first page of that they never contacted him before using his art.

Colonel Pada Vinson

Google ads are user-sensitive, so it's difficult to guarantee they'll show somewhere, but here's a screenshot SS took:

Posted Image

Edited by Tabrias07, 12 January 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#33 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

Trailers made by youtubers, images ripped from non consenting artists.... how amateur

#34 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

These will be the work of out sourced ad companies who knocked these up in photoshop. Seen similar scandalous **** a million times. thieving images from where ever they want.

#35 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 January 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

Nah dude,
I just capitalize on the comedy those of you who are so easily offended by the slightest thing.

I hear there will be a module in the upcoming revamp called "Thicker Skin" to go in the Pilot Feats slot. You might want to invest in it.

Nah dude, you post stupid retorts at an attempt to be funny. You tried to say something I posted was conspiracy theory-esque, when it was actually fact.

#36 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

It's possible it's ignorance over malice. It's also possible the art was provided to them from another source (Microsoft thinking they own it?). Regardless, Shimmering Sword and PGI/IGP will likely figure this out, settle up, and we'll probably never hear what really happened.

#37 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

It looks like an animated ad? Flash? Would be interesting to see the whole thing.

Posted Image

Edited by Heffay, 12 January 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#38 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Heffay

Posted Today, 11:41 AM[/color]

It looks like an animated ad? Flash? Would be interesting to see the whole thing.

They're not. The google link in the OP is to the ads themselves. Just jpg's.

Edited by Tabrias07, 12 January 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#39 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Ah, that's good ad-sense. The X must be some ad blocker he is running.

Edited by Heffay, 12 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#40 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's always nice to see people take pride in what they do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users