Ppc Dead Zone. Is It Still Needed?

106 replies to this topic

#101 darkchylde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostSandpit, on 13 January 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

What other weapons currently in game had a TT min range????

Several Weapons did - old and new. However, this did not mean the weapon could not be fired, it just made it harder for the weapon to hit the target by applying modifiers to the target to hit roll and I believe all these weapons had advanced rules for overcoming min range modifiers but it was risky to do so.

This game would be a lot more interesting if we had these options as well. Would also be great to see the Inner Sphere develop the newer weapons to combat the clans.

http://www.sarna.net...Equipment_Lists

Edited by darkchylde, 13 January 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#102 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 13 January 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

This has always been one thing that has really bothered me about MW:O and it isn't really PGI's fault. A lot of builds used are based on multiples of few weapons types. Mass amounts of Medium Lasers isn't really an issue because they're hot and limited in range. You could run 20 Small Lasers and nobody would care because you still need to get from point A to point B to get within 90m of your target.

Funny you should mention two of the first-nerfed builds in MWO- the ML Hunchback-P and the SL Jenner.

Or the pre-engine limit Awesomes strapping an ML to every hardpoint, for that matter. Yes, yes they -were- a problem.

#103 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 13 January 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Damn right.

Btw, what do you think if PGI went full on military and put "how to" descriptions on all of the weapons? I still crack up to this day over the fact that the claymore and LAW had a "point in direction of enemy" direction painted on it.

Do you know the average intelligence of the people who WANT to put our body in harms way is? Most folks don't want a job that has a job description that involves kill or be killed. For peanuts a day!

Yo don't attract many physicists to do this job!

Just sayin' ;)

#104 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 14 January 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Do you know the average intelligence of the people who WANT to put our body in harms way is? Most folks don't want a job that has a job description that involves kill or be killed. For peanuts a day!

Just sayin' ;)

Full respect to anyone helping to protect and defend anyone's associated right to life and liberty.

But MWO isn't real life no one gets killed, no mothers cry, the full cost of war is not recognised.

I also think it unfair that if you are in the military that you would naturally think that others would not respect what you do since cynically you feel that the value is measured by the size of the pay check.

#105 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostBagheera, on 12 January 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

The gauss was a targeting issue, not a "no damage" issue. The weapon couldn't target within its min range in the old BT rules.

All TT min ranges were aiming issues. The problem is if you implement Min ranges on other weapons that have them in TT, the Gauss is one that gets one, and suddently has the no damage under 60m that I mentioned.

#106 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 14 January 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Just sayin' ;)

Oh, I'm aware. I went through with a guy that couldn't spell his last name until the 5th grade. Doesn't say much for the state of Mississippi does it?

#107 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 14 January 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Oh, I'm aware. I went through with a guy that couldn't spell his last name until the 5th grade. Doesn't say much for the state of Mississippi does it?

Ouch!

We had a Cajun. He couldn't stand still at attention to save his miserable hide(DI's description not mine)! His reply was

Sir the private cannot stop moving. The music in his head won't let me!
:(

Best reply ever in my eyes! ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 14 January 2014 - 11:26 AM.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users