The Underrated Locust

4831 replies to this topic

#4781 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

I do indeed own a 3M its my latest locust and I chose it over 1E , I recall because M has more heat quirks . I also like the twin AMS . What has 1E got that's better than the M ?

If I had to pick a favorite locust it's the 1V for me .

@Ovion : HOLY , that's a swarm of friggin locusts man , I think you need to buy another one .

Edited by Pain G0D, 13 May 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#4782 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

View PostOld dirty B, on 12 May 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

So the list order is about most played mechs right?

How much games have you played with the PB then since its at the top of that list?

Stats page claims 130 matches.

I play a lot of different mechs, so anything that I favor at all will rise quickly in the standings, especially on the IS side.

#4783 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 13 May 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Stats page claims 130 matches.

I play a lot of different mechs, so anything that I favor at all will rise quickly in the standings, especially on the IS side.

Thanks, interesting to see these stats and to compare with my own. As you probably already know, i favor the Locust so thats what i have been running mostly. Just did some calculations to combine my stats for both my IS and Clan accounts and there's a small difference... lol

By now, i've played a total of 3814 games of which +/- 40% are drops with a Locust (1576 games). My most favorite variant the LCT-1E takes up +/- 50% of that (758 games) and my Pirates Bane +/- 20% (312 games).

View PostPain G0D, on 13 May 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

... What has 1E got that's better than the M ? ...

The 1E has the most energy hardpoints of any variant (six total) and are all arm mounted which helps quite a bit in aiming with an elevation difference. The six hardpoints allow for the highest alpha strike and most damage per tick (damage / duration). This means less exposure for the same amount of damage done..

Altough the 3M could theoretically run a bit cooler with the similar dps, in the end from my experience its hard to keep up that dps as you also need time to line up your shots and so on.

#4784 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

OOH i need to get back in my King Crabs and Catapults . Need to pawn noobs.

This non violence scouting style is addictive and effective. Only my PB had enough skill nodes to swop out into a mobile scout . I can see a huge difference .
The 3 XL 190 engines cost me an arm a leg and a left nut in CBILLS . That was a PAIN !!!
I cannot deny the results and this before I maxed out any mobility or sensors on V M and S. Its like i have 4 pirate banes now .

My 3M
I took out the large laser and added 3 tons of AMS ammo and two AMS
plus 2 ER mediumlasers .
Surprisingly I ran out of AMS ammo on my last match . The reds had an insane amount of lurm boats . It was fun running up and down trying to catch all them missiles . Contemplating if i should ditch another laser for more ammo .

Edited by Pain G0D, 14 May 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#4785 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:47 AM

Maybe I should go AMS boating tonight for lolz.

Heaven knows my fps is lower than a Cataphract's arm mounts right now, anyway.

#4786 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 14 May 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

...I took out the large laser and added 3 tons of AMS ammo and two AMS
plus 2 ER mediumlasers .
Surprisingly I ran out of AMS ammo on my last match . The reds had an insane amount of lurm boats . It was fun running up and down trying to catch all them missiles . Contemplating if i should ditch another laser for more ammo . ...

The Locust itself is one "giant" Anti Missile System. While you were running around trying to catch all these missiles you could have just taken out all the LRM boats instead... The Locust is perfect for anti LRM boat jobs.

#4787 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

View PostOld dirty B, on 14 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

The Locust itself is one "giant" Anti Missile System. While you were running around trying to catch all these missiles you could have just taken out all the LRM boats instead... The Locust is perfect for anti LRM boat jobs.

Posted Image

Sure i might have done such a violent thing in the past but I am reformed now . Somebody sold me the idea about the art of locust fighting without fighting . Told me to give up my guns and return to mother earth with seismic sensors . Even convinced me to give up my survival skill tree and also XL engine swops .

I got like 30 other mechs that can do horrible disgusting things to catapults if i want blood .

Peace bro .

Edited by Pain G0D, 14 May 2018 - 11:28 PM.

#4788 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:48 AM

Hehe, thats a noble thing to do - contributing without violence. I assume, in the true spirit of the Locust, that you bring down all those horrible missiles in the direct vicinity of the enemy?

#4789 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

"Where the is no terrain, your enemy's friend becomes your terrain" ~Some LCT Pilot somewhere

That said, anyone else having trouble with Solaris? When I run my LCT... people Turtle up. Perfectly viable splat or laser medium builds just lock down and act like assaults! I had to transition from short range (SLs and SRMS, etc...) to an old school 1LPL build like the 1V in it's prime (glory days long gone).

#4790 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostBlind Baku, on 15 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

"Where the is no terrain, your enemy's friend becomes your terrain" ~Some LCT Pilot somewhere

Very wise, even your enemy can become your terrain!

That said, anyone else having trouble with Solaris? When I run my LCT... people Turtle up. Perfectly viable splat or laser medium builds just lock down and act like assaults! I had to transition from short range (SLs and SRMS, etc...) to an old school 1LPL build like the 1V in it's prime (glory days long gone).

Yes, ive have had alot of games where my opponent just put his back against a wall and refused to move out. So i adapted and created the twin ligh ppc Pirates Bane and made them go crazy... ive had a few opponents that "begged" me to finish them because they couldnt take it anymore lol

#4791 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostOld dirty B, on 16 May 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Very wise, even your enemy can become your terrain!

Yes, ive have had alot of games where my opponent just put his back against a wall and refused to move out. So i adapted and created the twin ligh ppc Pirates Bane and made them go crazy... ive had a few opponents that "begged" me to finish them because they couldnt take it anymore lol

The only mech I've run in Solaris is my LCT-1M.

I haven't had anybody turtle up, because they don't respect the variant and because we're basically talking about a bunch of skirmish-y mediums in d7

#4792 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

AMS you say?!? no shooting you say?!? well here you go

#4793 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

in a bit a new event starts. One of the things is earn 500 damage in a locust. So one or 2 drops?

#4794 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Well, I've been gone for like 2 years, and I am honestly amazed this thread is still going. I'm probably gonna come back to MWO in the near future, but for now it's really great seeing you guys are still around and using this tiny monster.

#4795 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

IW! Woot!

Let's get a "The Underrated Flea" thread going now too, eh? ;)

#4796 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 19 June 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

IW! Woot!

Let's get a "The Underrated Flea" thread going now too, eh? Posted Image

HERESY!

Purge it with fire!

;)

#4797 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 19 June 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

IW! Woot!

Let's get a "The Underrated Flea" thread going now too, eh? Posted Image

First, I need to catch up on the different Locust builds that must have developed over the last 1.5 years, and update this thread.

Then, I can dream of making one for the flea.

#4798 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

New lasers and MGs...plus...awwwww yeah...Stealth Armor Pirate's Bane...oh, and also OS Rocket Launchers!

Yeah, there's a lot...lol

#4799 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 20 June 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

New lasers and MGs...plus...awwwww yeah...Stealth Armor Pirate's Bane...oh, and also OS Rocket Launchers!

Yeah, there's a lot...lol

They added ROCKETS!!!! Can I make an RL 80 build on the Locust now?

#4800 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

I haven't actually set one up yet, so I'm not 100% certain on how many you can cram in there...but I know it can be done to at least some extent. Stealth PBs are so amazing also!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users