9 replies to this topic

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

the ping is unbalanced, you see players with 20-30 ping, players like me with 170 ping and players with 250-300 ping

WHERE THE S H I T ARE EUROPEAN SERVERS THAT YOU PROMISED US MONTHS AGO!??!?!??!??!?!??!

#2 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'll still play where there are significant players and the rest of the world in comparison to the US and Canada probably constitute less than a quarter of the player base. But then I have an average 90 ping using fast fiber from the UK. But I would suspect also from a community perspective that other players will want to play with friends in relevant groups or otherwise as a result and may wish to remain on the Canadian servers also.

I think this also made the idea of HSR and HD corrections more valid as the idea of split servers was being reviewed by PGI/IGP as then whether something to actually do. Originally it was a consideration not a promise if I recall also. But they decided to go with a centralised server model as the best way forward for now and did some hardware upgrades also if I recall.

But please hunt the citations, my memory is vague on this as to the specifics said.

Not objecting to a Euro server, but from a business, community and CW perspective I think that the way forward was/is for now to retain everyone on the same server,

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostNoesis, on 14 January 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

I think this also made the idea of HSR and HD corrections more valid as the idea of split servers was being reviewed by PGI/IGP as then whether something to actually do. Originally it was a consideration not a promise if I recall also. But they decided to go with a centralised server model as the best way forward for now and did some hardware upgrades also if I recall.

HOORAY!

:D.

#4 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Call this idea "crazypantsmagoofandango" but how about applying a forced latency to the lower pings based on average sampling to ensure everyone has the same latency on average in a game?

It goes against the ideal of best operating net code I suppose but just thinking that it would be a balance option for ping?

#5 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

regional servers were quietly brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. I can't see them happening at this point, and to be honest if you can't switch region ad-hoc as suggested by official posts about this issue then it might be best to steer clear of them anyway.

#6 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

I play at 120 ping from UK, but does depend on network and time of day.

As regional servers. Our player pool is way to small at the moment (Why do you think Match Maker having so many problems), a lot of players gone or not playing due to mistakes by PGI. When this changes then they may consider it.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostNoesis, on 14 January 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

Call this idea "crazypantsmagoofandango" but how about applying a forced latency to the lower pings based on average sampling to ensure everyone has the same latency on average in a game?

It goes against the ideal of best operating net code I suppose but just thinking that it would be a balance option for ping?

Are you suggesting that PGI force players with low ping to play with a high ping?

#8 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostSandpit, on 14 January 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Are you suggesting that PGI force players with low ping to play with a high ping?

erm .... kind of ... maybe ...... let me climb down off this unicorn and check in the big book. Cluck, cluck, quack, moo.

#9 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostNoesis, on 14 January 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

erm .... kind of ... maybe ...... let me climb down off this unicorn and check in the big book. Cluck, cluck, quack, moo.

Ok then..... ;) lol

#10 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostNoesis, on 14 January 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

Not objecting to a Euro server, but from a business, community and CW perspective I think that the way forward was/is for now to retain everyone on the same server,

This.

I want a big world please.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users