109 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

Please consult the Known Issues list before responding.

This thread is for any specific new issues discovered in testing the UI 2.0. If you would like to leave qualitative or general feedback on design, please use the Feedback Questionnaire Thread.

Please provide as much detail as possible. You can consult our Bug Reporting Guide for tips on how to make your feedback more effective for us.

Summary:
Description:
Steps to Reproduce:

#2 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

Title: Some mechs are missing MC purchase option (CDA-2©)
Description: Some mechs are missing MC purchase option (CDA-2©)
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to purchase trial mech CDA-2(C) from mechs listed as trial mechs.

Title: Mechs listed out of order in mech purchasing screen
Description: Mechs seem out of order in buy menu, Catapults on 2 different levels with no apparent reason and Jaegers going from bottom right on one row to top left on the row above it.
Steps to Reproduce: Take a look at it

Title: Unable to double click to add or remove items from a mech
Description: When editing a mech's loadout, unable to 'double click to remove' an item that is already in the mech. Normally this would remove the item from the mech and place it in the inventory, assumed to be a bug since that functionality exists in 1.5. The same is true when trying to add an item to a mech, it must be clicked and dragged now.
Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to double click to remove an item in the mech, or to add an item to the mech.

Title: Mechlab loadout list blocks the cart total information in windowed mode
Description: In Mechlab windowed mode the mech component list (mech locations like left leg, left arm, etc) occludes some of the information on the left side of the screen, specifically 'cart total'.
Steps to Reproduce: Open Center torso or anything with 3 or more equipment type options and take a look at the cart total while in windowed mode

Title: Cannot minimize an open mech section in mech loadout
Description: Additionally it seems I cannot minimize an open 'mech component' without opening another one, there is no way to minimize all open sections that I can tell (may be feature request instead of bug, if it is not intended to work that way currently).
Steps to Reproduce: Open a mech loadout, open any component by clicking on it, try to click it again to close it.

Title: Endo steel upgrade purchase does not have a 'confirm' dialog
Description: Endo steel does not prompt a 'confirm' dialog compared to other upgrade
Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to outfit a mech with Endo Steel structure provided it has the space for it.

Title: Armor add/remove triggers multiple of the same sound play in rapid succession
Description: Armor +/- keys play a sound on pressing and on releasing, this is the same sound and it seems like a bug since it overlaps the original sound play.
Steps to Reproduce: Click the up or down arrows to add/remove armor and release, listen for the double play of the sound that occurs as you release.

Title: 'no texture' placeholder appears occasionally instead of cockpit glass texture.
Description: In-Game; Occasionally the cockpit glass texture flickers briefly to a 'no texture found' placeholder image. Low reproduction success - initially happened on switch from 3PV to 1PV after match start on Canyon Networks in SHD-2D2
Reproduction Rate: Low, only got it to happen once for 2 seconds.
Steps to Reproduce: Be in 3PV by default, switch to 1pv on match start. Tested in SHD-2D2 on Canyon Networks.

Edited by Monky, 16 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#3 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

The inventory is in Home screen instead of somewhere in Mechlab

still don't seem to be able to sell armor in the inventory

Testing grounds not under "play now"

Inventory and testing grounds are in the home screen which is very unintuitive.
In order to go into testing ground with a mech you want you'd have to go back to mech lab, select mech, go back to home screen, and select testing grounds. Whereas to drop into a game via play now button you'd just have to go to mech lab and select mech.

Inventory is also in unintuitive location. If you are in the middle of customizing a mech and you want to sell something from the inventory. you'd have to click out of mechlab, go to home screen click to inventory and sell it. and once you go click on mechlab to resume ediding, the mechlab resets.

Inventory should be moved under Mechlab>Configure>inventory

Edited by Jin Ma, 16 January 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#4 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

Summary:No Credits
Description:

URL = http://70.42.29.71/credits
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 70.42.29.71.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Steps to Reproduce: Click on Credits link on the Log-In Screen

BTW COCKPIT GLASS FTW

Edited by Imperius, 16 January 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#5 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

10 minutes and I got 2 crashes already lol

#6 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Work in Progress

Summary: Cockpit item adjustment (mounted)
Description: In my shadowhawk, I have xmas lights mounted, but I can't remove them as there is nothing in the mounted section, I can't add/remove nothing
Reproduction Rate: 1000%
Steps to Reproduce: Open mechlab, choose mech with mounted item, configue it, go to cockpit, try to remove mounted xmas lights.

Summary: Keybindings wrong description of the key ' (quote's key)
Description: when binding the quote key it binds as @k_colon
Reproduction Rate:25%
Steps to Reproduce: open settings, click keyboard, assgn ' (quote key) to a key map, it assigns as @k_colon.
(updated info, might just be my issue)

Summary: Changes being removed without warning switching from Mechlab to Pilot Tree
Description: Modify a mech but don't save / check out yet, (i.e. remove head laser from a hunchback), then click pilot skills. No warning, that when you click back to Mechlab, the laser will be back in the headslot.
Reproduction Rate:100%
Steps to Reproduce: Remove weapon / item from mech in the mech lab, then without saving, click Pilot Tree button. When returning to the mech lab, you'll have to remove the weapon / item again.
(found by RedEagle86)

Edited by fluffypinkbunny, 16 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#7 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 16 January 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

10 minutes and I got 2 crashes already lol

Mine crashes every time I click on a button on the Front end. Looking good so far ;)

#8 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

1. I don't see all of my friends in the friends list In some cases one friend would see a friend we have in common in their list but I wouldn't see that friend in mine.
2. I sent friend invites to some friends that they did not see. A third friend could see both of us and send friend invites to both but we couldn't see each other.
3. In one case a person was in my friend list but I wasn't in his. I tried sending him a message but he couldn't see those either.
4. When the third person invites both of us to a group i can see the person in the group but can't do a friend invite from the group window.

Edited by Mellowseven, 16 January 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#9 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Mine crashes every time I click on a button on the Front end. Looking good so far ;)

Same here.

Would love to test this thing, but every time I click on "Mechlab" or "Select Mech", the game crashes on me. Drivers for my GTX 660 are up to date, Win 8.1 up to date.

EDIT: Didn't download the whole thing, but patched the last public-test-version (which ran fine during the last public test, BTW).

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 16 January 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#10 Bloodstained

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Summary: Playing on my 27 inch 1440p monitor on full screen the UI really hurts my eyes. Everything is seriously small, text and items, only the Mechs are huge. They all need to scale nice according to resolution!!

Description: Text too small on large resolutions

Reproduction Rate: Every time

Steps to Reproduce: Get a 1440p or higher monitor

Edit: Made the issue with the desired format

Edited by Bloodstained, 16 January 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#11 DarthPayne

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Mechlab, Camo Spec: I don't find the category "unlocked" colors anymore. That was really helpful. It bugged me a bit that in the old client I always had to scroll down to get to them as it was the last entry in the list. IMO, this should be at the first position since it's likely that you'll use the same colors almost always. Without the "unlocked" color listing, you have to go through all categories to find the ones you've already unlocked. Also, support for the mouse scroll wheel would be nice.

Edited by DarthPayne, 16 January 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#12 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Summary:I am getting crash if I keep choosing color for too long.
Description:I am getting crash if I keep choosing color for too long.
Reproduction Rate:100%
Steps to Reproduce:go to camo color selection and keep choosing color until it crash ;)

View PostDarthPayne, on 16 January 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Mechlab, Camo Spec: I don't find the category "unlocked" colors anymore. That was really helpful. It bugged me a bit that in the old client I always had to scroll down to get to them as it was the last entry in the list. IMO, this should be at the first position since it's likely that you'll use the same colors almost always. Without the "unlocked" color listing, you have to go through all categories to find the ones you've already unlocked. Also, support for the mouse scroll wheel would be nice.

You have unlocked colors if you click on arrow down.And yes this new system is stupid...

#13 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

In the mechlab, and not able to invite anyone to group. Can form a group, but two friends missing from my friend's list, and oddly, they are the two friends that are online (friends list only showing OFFLINE friends)

#14 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Glass effect is way too strong. I can barely see out the windows now.

#15 fiskarsmurfen

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 31 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

1) Cannot see some of my friends in friendslist. Which friends you can see seems to vary when logging out and in again.
2) The acceleration/deceleration/turn data for modified light mechs are off the charts. Need to increase the numbers on the charts.

#16 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

in some instances logging out and back in shows completely different friends on my list and online/offline.

#17 Strana Sunstrider

• Pip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Unable to test something:(

Klick Mechlab = Crash
Options works :?
Rest klicks result in crashes WTF

#18 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

unable to Map analog joystick or throttle...

Using a TM Warthog

Even tried to cut and paste my info from the reg. MWO game folder.

#19 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

The "mounted" tab of cockpit customization is blank. There are no items there, not even ones that I own.

As a result, I cannot unmount my Christmas lights.

I cannot unequip my Operation 24 medal, either, because it does not show up with the other items in the Hanging tab.

Edited by Felio, 16 January 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#20 DarthPayne

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 16 January 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

You have unlocked colors if you click on arrow down.And yes this new system is stupid...

Ha, you're right, thanks. So, the system is apparently too obscure. You can easily miss something. It's like cursoring through it in a console game where you don't have a mouse. Highly annoying and, on a big screen, lots of wasted free space. Free resolution now, but the layout is not powerful enough to make use of it.

Additional point: Mechlab, Loadout: please sort the weapons by category and weight. Right now, it's just random and stuff is hard to find.

And another one: Mechlab, Loadout: I'd like to see the number of free critical slots overall in the summary on the lower right. Like on Smurphy.

And... Mechlab, Loadout: For consistency, a title like "Wallet" would be good for the MC and CBill totals on the lower left.

Edited by DarthPayne, 16 January 2014 - 10:42 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users