• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Overall, I had a positive experience. There were only a few times that the UI froze, and they were mainly when populating a large list of mechs.

The biggest problem I see is communication to the player about hardpoints and equipped weapons. I did not see any UI elements other than in the loadout screen that communicated to the user how many hardpoints and where they were located, and how many weapons, and where they were located.

The best example is if you attempt to buy a new mech. Every other aspect of a given mech seems to be covered, but list of equipped weapons and their locations is notably absent.

I'm very troubled that this is the best PGI can do over this length of time. If this rate of work completion keeps up, it could be NEXT year before we see community warfare.

#62 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I've written down notes that I've taken during the PTR. There are some improvement and major issues that the majority have already discovered. This is the 1st time I've partake in a PTR and got some feedback that I want to share even if its already said and done.

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

-I worked through the Mechlab as fast as I can going through everything there is to be seen. The overall system in place is Complex but with enough time spent messing around with it and getting used to it. I somehow find it much more faster to configure your Mechs overall.

-Specifically the armor allocation on Battlemechs is much faster in that there's little to no delay in between adding or removing armor points. swapping weapons and items on mechs can also be done much faster saving you time you to configure your battlemech efficiently.

-Also being able to go fullscreen on the mechlab is a plus. Normally I don't like games that have small screens to work with. having full screen makes it feel like its a full. game despite MWO not fully complete. Hopefully in the future more content will come around in the future.

2) What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?

-Simply speaking, there is no change in the Battlegrid and Company/Lance command UI ingame.

-This has been going on throughout the forums for quite some time, but you simply cant ignore the fact that you cannot type anything during the pregame lobby.

-I also found an issue regarding consumable modules. After the match I've used cool shots and artillery strikes. when I go back to the mechlab to re-equip the modules, I find that they are already there. At first I thought "OK cool consumable modules no longer have to be re-equipped." The next game I played, The modules were missing. It will take forever to show you how this has happened.

3) What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?

-So far not much has changed overall. the UI design is the major part of the PTR. content is rougly the same. I do like how you can create a 4-man or 12-man group however. That's a plus.

4) What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?

- Cant say too much about it. Not very well organized to say the least.

5) What are your impressions of the in-game interface?

- The ingame interface is pretty much the same. I might go as far as to say nothing major has changed. Sure you got glass cockpit on your mech to become more noticeable. but that's just a cosmetic effect that does little to effect gameplay. I've yet to get shot in the cockpit to notice the glass cracking.

6) Any other comments or concerns?

-As much as I want to say how much UI 2.0 is going to improve the game, this is sadly going to be a short term effect. within the 1st hour of the PTR I've already gotten bored since I've gotten used to the UI pretty quick and knew that in the grand scheme of things, no major content that I haven't seen before really stands out. If you really want to improve this game further. Polish the UI 2.0 to make it better than its current state. Once that's out of the way, you should really consider adding more content to the game. I hear the community says that this game need Clan Wars and a different type of Assault mode gameplay. But I think you can also do even better sometime down the road, to figure out how to implement vs AI gameplay and in depth co-op missions to break away from the redundant Assault, Conquest, and Skirmish based games.

P.S. I just realized that I have posted in the wrong area if this post can be redirected to its proper place that would be great.

Edited by XPhantasmaX, 16 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#63 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Summary:
Game crash during check out

Description:
After clicking on "check out" in the mechlab, there is random chance that the game will crash.

Reproduction Rate:
About 1 in 3 tries

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Mechlab
2. Choose a mech to config
3. Click on Check Out to save configuration
4. Wait for configuration to be save
5. Chance of crash will happen

**Possibly relate to:
  • Short lag occurs when switching between tabs, which may lead to a crash"
Screenshot
Spoiler

Summary:
Display resolution

Description:
The full screen resolution does not adjust to fit monitor resolution.

Example: using a 1900x1080 LCD TV, but running the game resolution at 1440x900 will cause text to become grainy and object to become deformed.
However, this only effect onscreen display, screenshot and video captures will show the game in proper resolution.

Reproduction Rate:
Always
Hardware: Sony Bravia 40inch LCD TV.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set game resolution to below 1900x1080 resolution

Screenshot
Spoiler

#64 RangerMNDN

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Summary: Keyboard Locked out During team drop screen.
Description: Keyboard wound not work during ready screen at all, using a Microsoft USB Ergo 4000 Keyboard..
Reproduction Rate: 100
Steps to Reproduce: just try typing.

Summary: Mech Moving in full reverse after drop.
Description: As soon as the mech becomes active, it would go full reverse with out any keyboard input. Would have to use the full stop key to bring mech to a stop.
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Steps to Reproduce: None needed.

#65 On1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

There is no easy way to see what hardpoints the mech has or what it is equipped with without going into the loadout screen and looking at individual mech locations to see what is equipped there.

#66 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Having attempted to read through the new problems listing, after the first page and a half, I had to stop, since most of them had nothing to do with anything I had a problem with. So, here we go…
  • SETTINGS MENU
    • After I changed some of my settings, my Cat C4 showed all battle damage across the entire ‘Mech, and strange colors on my missile pods. I switched to my C1(F), which was normally colored, and tried to switch back to my C4, and it was the same, and did not change until after I finished my first match. I did this with different ‘Mechs, before my first match, and even changed pages, went back Home and came back to the ‘Mechlab, same thing.
  • HARDPOINTS LIST
    • Where? I finally went into selecting a ‘Mech in the Mechlab and found the images for these, but they’re not easy to decipher. More in the questionnaire
  • ‘MECH TREES
    • The ‘Mech Tree selection list, where ALL of the ‘Mechs are listed, should default to the ‘Mech you have chosen in the ‘Mechlab;
    • The ‘Mech Tree selection list should show ONLY the ‘Mechs you have put experience points on, whether trial or owned.

That’s it for the New Issues, if they are new at all. My summaries and descriptions are above, I tried to be as succinct as possible. Reproduction rates on all of these were 100%. Steps to reproduce are listed. I’ll place my design ideas in the appropriate thread.

#67 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 16 January 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Summary:I am getting crash if I keep choosing color for too long.
Description:I am getting crash if I keep choosing color for too long.
Reproduction Rate:100%
Steps to Reproduce:go to camo color selection and keep choosing color until it crash ;)

You have unlocked colors if you click on arrow down.And yes this new system is stupid...

Well, the new system is rather stupid. i loved how you can select from the old list of Camouflage colors. Regular, Standard, Premium, Basic, and then select from the Camouflage sets. Such as Camo Green, etc. However, I have to say, I'm wanting that Crusader Camouflage. I hope we get it soon. Other than that, I love how this turned out.

#68 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostRyoken, on 16 January 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Summary: Nvidea and PGI Intros can not be skipped by hitting space key
Description: Nvidea and PGI Intros can not be skipped by hitting space key
Reproduction Rate: 3 of 3 Start Ups
Steps to Reproduce: Start Game

space + esc works
left Shift works

5 times in a row.

Edited by Onlystolen, 16 January 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#69 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

Summary: New UI drives me insane.

Description: Bleeb-bleeb, woing-woing, woing-woing, bleeb-bleeb, woing-woing ... etc.

Reproduction Rate: EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Steps to Reproduce: Get some headphones, connect them to your computer and turn up the volume. Hover over an interactive element and you will hear some "woing-woing" or "bleeb".

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

#70 Svenz

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Stabiltiy, good....no disconnects, mech customizing does require getting used to, but is a good direction. Still no strip mech/default button,or didn't see.
In store I cannot get selected mech to prewiev and/or show its respective hardpoint or ANY info apart the small thumbnail....

#71 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

I took some images of some oddities.

-If you have this load out in normal MWO, both PPCs should be on top. It's not the case here and it looks really odd.
-Ingame UI font is generally inconsistant. The "Critical Damage" is the worst here, as it overlaps the "<<" in the picture. The original font was just fine and didn't need to be changed
-Ingame prompts can be navigated with arrow keys but if you do so the selections aren't highlighted.
-I thought we were getting an FOV slider, where is it?

Lastly, it would be really useful to me if I could click on the body parts in the mech lab to select which part I want to select. I can get used to what it is now, but I feel it's a bit too user friendly atm.

Also, this may be off topic, but please please make third person not default. It only hinders gameplay for the newer players.

Edited by August55, 16 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#72 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Forgot to add to my list.

The 'Mech torso twist and pitch information is unnecessary fluff in my opinion...

#73 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Summary: Launch during weapon group configuration
Description: I forgot to save my changed weapon group configuration and launched a match. A warning message would be helpful.

Summary: Client did not close
Description: After clicking "logout" from the UI home screen it switched to the start / logon screen. There I pushed "exit" but nothing seemed to happen. After a while I switched back to windows (8.1) desktop. There I saw an exit confimation popup waiting for my response. After clicking "yes" MWO closed correctly. Obviously the popup has been opened behind the MWO client and as it was running in full screen mode I could not see it.
Reproduction Rate: I could not reproduce the issue as the testservers had just been shut down when the issue occured.
Steps to Reproduce: click "logout" at the home screen (fullscreen mode) and then "exit" at the login page.

Summary: DX11 not selectable in settings
Description: DX9 has been preselected in the video settings menu and was greyed out so that DX11 has not been selectable.

#74 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Summary: "Toggle arm lock" key does not work

Description: instead of locking the torso and freeing the arms, it locks the arms aiming at the spot and lets the torso move (the opposite of how it should work, in normal game it is ok)

Steps to Reproduce: set the "arm lock" in the options menu, then use "toggle arm lock" key while playing the game

Summary: there is no info in store, sometimes it freezes when clicking on the mechs
Description: if the right side of the screen is going to be used like mech lab (click on mech - show mech and compare sizes, hover over mech - show hardpoints and stuff) then it should be comparable to the current system

#75 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Summary: Chat text not displaying when not in social tap

Description: When you have a chat or groupchat with someone and close the social tap to do anything else, all text sent by others in the chat are NOT displayed to you when you come back to the social tap.

Reproduction Rate: 100

Steps to Reproduce: create any chat (send message or group chat), close the social tap and let others type something. Open the social tap again to see the chat window does not display any of the typed text while you were not in the social tap

#76 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Summary: UI2.0
Description: Overly complicated, unintuitive and incomplete.

Steps to Reproduce: Run the MWO Test Client

Solution: Go back to drawing board and miss February deadline.

Little bit of a troll but true....

#77 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Summary: Cannot sell armor.
Description: When trying to sell armor (extra armor that is accumulated by selling mechs), armor is not an option to be sold.
Steps to Reproduce: Go to the Inventory, and try to look for Standard Armor or Ferro Fibrous Armor. It's completely missing (although at least SHS is listed now, so I guess that's an improvement...)

Summary: Mouse sensitivity values not shown.
Description: When trying to adjust mouse sensitivity in game, there's no numerical indicator showing how sensitive the mouse is for each slider value.
Steps to Reproduce: Just visit the controls page and try to adjust mouse sensitivity.

Summary: "Full Elited" Mechs are classified as "Mastered".
Description: I have a bunch of Thunderbolts that are fully elited, but not mastered and according to the game it is "mastered" WITH the extra module slot available. The ones that are correctly mastered (like Sarah's Jenner), it doesn't have the master label in the skills section, except the Tbolts I have have that label (for some reason).
Steps to Reproduce: Have an fully elited mech in your mechlab, but NOT mastered (extra module slot). Compare with fully mastered mech in your mechlab. Also, module slot is already "unlocked" for fully elited mech.

Summary: "Invalid" uses same color as "Equipped" in mechlab.
Description: When trying to make upgrades in the mechlab, there can be potential confusion between "invalid" and "equipped" in the mechlab due to color usage. They have completely different implications.
Steps to Reproduce: Visit the upgrades section. Color of "invalid" is the same as "equipped" (both red).

Summary: Unintuitive camo screen.
Description: The camo selection screen is a nice touch "if you like a sweet looking system" but is poorly functional when you want to select camos and colors. If anything, UI 1.5 got this right.
Steps to Reproduce: Visit the camo screen. Struggle trying to color and put a camo on a mech you own by the godawful scrolling you have to do to find what you need.

Summary: Missing completely loadout screen.
Description: A complete list of equipment on the mech is missing. UI 1.5 did not have such problems.
Steps to Reproduce: Visit Loadout screen in the mechlab. Try to guess what you had on your mech last, or any of the trial mech loadouts.

Summary: Select Game Mode very limited.
Description: It feels like UI 1.5 where you cannot select more than one option... excluding modes you do not wish to play. This needs to be addressed ASAP especially when more modes are added in.
Steps to Reproduce: Try to select any combination of Assault+Skirmish, Skirmish+Conquest, Conquest+Assault, and not being able to.

Summary: Cannot type in pregame
Description: I'm not able to type in a pregame match. It may have do something with the video mode (fullscreen, windowed, full windowed) OR readying up... but I have no idea what's causing it.
Reproduction Rate: Almost 100%? Don't know what causes it.
Steps to Reproduce: Just drop in a match and try to type a message. Tried reading up, taking command, switching chat modes... and nothing seems to cause it allow me to type in the pregame setting.

Summary: Double click has no effect.
Description: The double click action in the mechlab usually is a signal indicator for addition or removal of equipment on the mech. It was working fine in UI 1.5.
Steps to Reproduce: Try to double click on stuff you want to add or remove on the mech. It doesn't work. Same goes for modules.

Summary: Social doesn't inform the user of an action (friend, message, whatever)
Description: When using the social feature, I feel like I'm running UI 1.0/Open Beta where I had no clue people were messaging me... at all.
Steps to Reproduce: Try to send a message to someone you know in the beta test. They will have no clue that you messages them unless you're on some sort of voice chat.

Summary: Trial Mechs listed in filtered Owned section.

Description: Trial mechs should NEVER be listed in the owned list. There's a specific trial tab as it is. Also, it makes zero sense how Sarah's Jenner is listed first, then trial mechs, then the rest of the other mechs.
Steps to Reproduce: Just visit the mechlab for your own mechs. See Trial Mechs popular your mechlab for no reason.

Summary: Massive Delay when visiting Skills
Description: When I switch from Mechlab to Skills, there's like a massive delay (like, the game looks like it's locking up to get the data). I doubt it has anything to do with my CPU.. it's just that it is simply not a smooth transaction. The game should be acquiring the info in smaller chunks (while idle/not doing anything) so it doesn't lock up the computer.
Steps to Reproduce: Just go directly to the Skills section (or from Mechlab to Skills).

Still missing:
List filtering instead of grid view
Renaming mechs

Hopefully I'll have more later.

#78 JD R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Summary: Missing Textures on FrCN. I never got this bug before on U1.5 but all times i droppend on FrCN i got it.
Steps to Reproduce: Start a online Game Testing Grounds didn't show the missing

#79 ToriStark

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

After logging in and changing graphic settings from standart "low" to "very high" i got this:

Posted Image

When i select another mech - all is ok; reselect one, that was on home screen during settings change - same picture...

#80 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Positive
- Mouseover sound is way better than test #1 / #2
- Settings / Setup / KeyBindings etc works nicely, looks good
- Inventory was really nice
- Cockpit glass was nicely implemented, totally awesome actually!
- Skills Mech/Pilot - Nicely done! All good!
- Camo/Colors - Nicely done!
- Graphics, overall design, color palette is pretty good as well!
- Stable!! Had no crashes for one hour test time with setting being changed, 1 match drop, 1 tutorial drop and 3 testing ground drops.

Setup is i7-3770K and HD7970, tested with and without eyefinity.
1920x1080 and 6048x1080 with bezel comp

Negative:
Social:
Should be able to click anywhere outside dialog boxes to close down social/group screens,
struggled to figure out I had to click the X in the friends list window

Inventory:
Should be able to sort mechs from light to heavy and at the same time sorting on
configuration name so they are all grouped together. Better/more filters for STORE as well.

Inventory:
Should be grouped and sorted based on type and sizes
SMAL-MED-LARGE-SPULSE-MPULSE-LPULSE-ERLASERS/PPC
AC20-AC10-AC5-AC2-UAC-LB-GAUSS
LRM20-LRM15-LRM10-LRM5-SRM6-SRM4-SRM2-SSRM2

Statistics
Direct link to web browser did not work

Redeem
Direct link to web browser did not work

Tutorial
When doing the tutorial, the sound goes away when info boxes are shown, kinda taking you
out of what you are doing. Would feel more slick if sound (mech idle sound etc.) stayed on through the tutorial

Pilot tree
Pilot tree, use more of the screen to show all modules, scrolling is not necessary.

Mech Lab
Need to be able to double click when adding/removing components/weapons, too much drag and drop resulting in slow rebuilding

Need to view components as list view, hard to find stuff with those big icons with small text

Overall stats box in lower right corner is too small, hard to tell numbers

Overall build info including weapons and equipment is missing, cant see what the mech's are set up with until going into customizing.

When using my eyefinity setup (3xFullHD) which is awesome in game, I still would like the normal 1xFullscreen for the UI2.0. The UI looks awesome in 3x monitors but its unpractical to use efficiently, especially since we use much time in MechLab etc. Suggestion is to be able to use 3x monitors in game, and 1x monitor in UI2.0. I would be totally ok with 3x monitors in the UI if all the functionality is on the center monitor while the side monitors are just showing the mechlab background.

Edited by QuimMorius, 17 January 2014 - 01:53 AM.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users