#21 fiskarsmurfen

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 31 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

I can't see available hardpoints/heatsinks etc on mechs that I don't own. This would be much more informative information than the little charts showing turn speed/acceleration/deceleration rates.
I also can't see the data of ANYTHING in the mechlab. There is a list of stuff to put on your mech but it doesnt say anywhere what those things do. New players would be looking at the list and be like: "What in the world is an LBX10?" It is really cumbersome when building a mech to jump out to the inventory just to check the data for your weapons and equipment. It would be much better just to have that in the mechlab.

Edited by fiskarsmurfen, 16 January 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#22 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

1) Mechlab is prettier but see 2...

2) Cannot remove trial mechs from owned mech list as far as I can tell. Loadout config doesn't have a default screen popup, sidebar nav not immediately noticeable (not eye catching that is to say) and no paperdoll or similar method of selecting mech sections to edit. Camo spec pattern and color selection wheel is horrid, old method was far better (categories/list, or a pallet swath).

Social menu is completely broken, doesnt show full friends list, doesn't show friend requests, doesn't separate block list from friend list.

Queue selection should allow multiple mode select (I.E. select assault and conquest but not skirmish)

3)See 2, group window looks nicer but with the rest broken, unable to actually use it.

4) Waste of time and navigation clicks, no filter on the mech list, mech bay all by itself, put these back in the mechlab, should preview the mech when selecting between them.

5) In game, you changed the font? pregame chat is broken.

6) Still cannot cancel once you hit launch

#23 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

I can't view the mech skill trees for mechs I have made progress on but do not presently own. I would have to re-buy the mech to see that information.

#24 DasProjektil

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
It looks nice, you can look at your Mech properly and there is good background music in the menu.
Overall, clicking and scrolling fells more responsive.

2) What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?
The Mechlab.
It is much more complicated to use than the current UI 1.5 one.
Please let the paperdoll return.
Those buttons for left arm, right arm, etc... are OK...ish, but it is much more intuitive to just click a picture of the location where you want to put the Weapon/Equipment.
A counter for free slots would also be nice.

On another note: If you create something like the Smurfy Mechlab customization screen ingame, I will sing praises to you.

3) What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?
Didn't really try it.

4) What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?
Didn't try them.

5) What are your impressions of the in-game interface?
The font is better to read (at least at 1680*1050).

6) Any other comments or concerns?
There seems to be no quick and easy way to look at your current Mech configuration without clicking through the whole customization menu (which takes ages compared to the current UI 1.5).

Edited by DasProjektil, 16 January 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

The interface looks pretty.

Cockpit glass, and the customization interface is incredibly counterintuitive.

The tab on the right (icon is 3 horizontal lines) doesn't work, and the message window (when PMing a friend) needs an [x] in the corner to close it with.

No information whatsoever about the items on sale.

Mechs in the mechlab don't have enough information displayed about them, i.e. how many DHS you have mounted, what your weapons are, etc. etc.

No.

Edited by FupDup, 16 January 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#26 Matta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Europe

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

- Full screen finally
- Mechs in big size

- Menus and text doesn't scale with resolution. I use 1920x1200 and everything is tiny and stuffed in corners. Really waste of space (lot of empty screen space at that resolution). Addendum to this: maybe "it doesn't scale" is poor choice of words.Screen gets filled with things when you start entering submenus but (in my opinion) menus are smallish and spacing between them in upper left corner and information about MC, premium time, etc in lower left corner is wasted.
- Menus are somewhat non intuitive.
- Can't see Mech loadout before buying (what weapons does it have, what engine, etc.). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
- Cant see Mech loadout of owned Mechs (not point by point but all together). Correct me if I'm wrong.
- When selecting certain submenu of loadout, it's getting too crowded. For example engines, it's kinda messy to see all engines with same font and same picture. If we could select "list" view instead of "grid" view maybe it would be far more easier to navigate (list view like we have in current UI). Don't get me wrong: idea is good but realisation is shaky.
- Can't navigate back to main menu before exiting submenus with back button. It would be good if we could see previous menus also and if we could navigate to them without hitting back button. Space between menus in upper left corner and information in lower left corner could be used to have "cascade" menus and submenus and that way to be able to skip from subsubmenu to menu.
- Why selected mech still remains on screen when you enter "Skills" menu (even if you look on mech tree of another Mech) ? No need for it to occupy screen, in my opinion.
- Button to filter owned and all Mechs is really too small.
- After trying to click numerous times I still haven't found out how to actually get that secondary information screen when I want it, not just randomly. There should be distinctive and recognizable button for that. And also, I stress again, we can't see current Mech loadout. There should be button for that also.

As far as I could tell, not much of a improvement, only little cosmetic improvement.
- When I send message to someone I can't close that window.
- Chat windows cannot be moved around
- And if I send message to another player previous chat windows is replaced by chat window of the new player (not possible to have multiple chat windows open, if you know what I mean).
Not impressed really.

It's ok.

Hm, haven't seen anything new ? I did noticed everything is a bit "sharper" (fonts, etc) or maybe it's just me.
Glass cockpit is OK, almost didn't noticed it on my Griffin at first. Will be great when damage shows on it or weather.
I really hope you'll adopt some great ideas from the feedback because UI at this very moment is far from excellent. It's promising but it's too cluttered in some areas and too simplified in other.

Will update with more impressions later

Edited by Matta, 16 January 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#27 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

1,hate to be negative but there is nothing I like about the new UI

2 its cluttered confusing to many clicks as I said before it takes everything that is bad about mechwarrior tactics and enlarges on its weakness and takes nothing that was good from the old UI.

If I had been confronted with this mess from the first day of closed beta I wouldn't be here.

3 I didn't get far enough with the test to check out the social features of which more later.

4 its a store so what, its actually the only part of the UI that is clear to use, not really surprised there.

5 the in game interface being the tips plastered all over the screen instead of a sensible tool tip at the bottom like the old style ?

6 Other comments.. joystick dead keys won't reasign to the joystick buttons had no problems with the old style if it goes live like this you have lost me as a customer, I'm extremely left handed which means I need to be using the mouse left handed coupled with bad athritus,which means mouse and key board are out for me, means if this new ui launches and I can't assign keys to my joystick without messing with ingame files means I stop playing the day this goes live

#28 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

- The initial starting screen of the UI (the "Home" section) seems to produce a convex image for me (fisheye). Since I haven't been using a CRT monitor in ages, something seems to be.....fishy about this. Also I would love to actually look at and rotate my mech in here already.
- The store gives ZERO detail about the mechs and items that are for sale (yet?).
- No filter option for the store. I had to scroll through there like a caveman in order to find the mech I wanted to buy.
- The MechLab gives ZERO information about the weapon loadout on the selected variant. Do I really have to click on "loadout" and go throgh each section of the mech and add them up myself? The mechlab needs to provide this essential info instantly.
- The, let's call it, "Select0r" for the different colors available for the pattern is totally unintuitive and seems to be designed for gamepads/consoles. Why do I have to scroll through all the colors in order to select the one I want? I have a mouse, with a pointer. Please give me a LIST instead.

Most importantly:
My actual game settings don't seem to matter to your client. It just overrides everything with his own idea of "all systems nominal" I guess. I turned off Depth of Field and Motion Blur completely, but it is still activated in-game. Also the weapon effects didn't look like the "Low" ones to me. My framerate went down from 65-70fps (on Caustic Vally) to an avg. of 35fps.

Sad. Day.

edit: typos

Edited by Black Templar, 17 January 2014 - 03:03 AM.

#29 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

No Joy stick support....!!!!!!!.....SUX

I even copied my current user.config file to the test folder, and nothing changed on the Joy stick.......

it looks good full screen at hi rez........
can set weapon groups in mech lab
weapon Inventory, but needs these features:
weapons, equipment, and modules that are installed on a mech, do not show up in the invortory list
Needs filters to show all weapons, installed weapons, and not installed weapons
Needs a cbill total on these diffrent filters
mouse over item sound is better, but could use a off button in options
Mech List and sort filters

Dont like:
to much realstate devoted to Icons of weapons and equipment, where a surmfys style mech layout overview should be taking up that space.....
camo color selection is worse than UI1.5
in Load out, mouse mileage from the left side with the list to the right side where the selected body part is, is to far...
most of what every one else here has mentioned......

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 17 January 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#30 Flushot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Wow what a mixed bag.

-The noises as I mouse over every single button need to be reduced... by like 75%. The whine of the mouseover is really overpowering.
-The entire interface needs a whole lot more thought about how much wasted clicking there is. On the upside the drastic reduction in time I waste looking at "loading" (or just the random waiting for things like the homescreen to be ready) is very nice.
-The whole interface is much more responsive.

I see at the top of many of the tabs it looks like an option for a list instead of thumbnails, would really like to have been able to try that out.

Store:
-doesn't let me sort mechs by weight or chassis like I can in the mechlab
--Should also have a search option in the store
--If I try to buy a mech and I need a mechbay, it should just prompt me right there, not make me leave the screen to go get one.
--When I buy something (mech bay in this case) I don't need the "Ok" at the end, just let me move on. The whole interface (and this is the same as the current UI) takes too many clicks to do things.
--Store doesn't show the hardpoints at all or even what's currently equipped.

Mech Lab:
(you guys should send whoever makes Smurfy a call and ask him to design your mechlab, currently I would WAY rather use smurfys than the in game lab)
-Hate that when I look at any given mech I can't see what is loaded onto it without actually entering the "configure" screen.
-While configuring it should stay in the same tab as I change locations. IE if I put some ammo in my Right Leg and then switch to my left, it should be in the Ammo tab still. There's just tons of extra clicking required that could really be cleaned up.
-Armor should also have its own tab where I can mess with all the different components quickly and easily. Having to click from section to section is just a ton of wasted clicking especially when trying to balance something like getting rid of that last .1t one point off your legs at a time and going back and forth between legs is just irritating.
-You removed being able to double-click components on and off the mech... why?
-When I cannot install a component into a location it should say why not just "Invalid". Tell me if I'm out of hardpoints, out of crit slots, out of tonnage, whatever not just a giant "Invalid" tag.
-Should also have somewhere that shows things like how many heatsinks I have installed, how many free crit slots I have left, etc.

Overall in the mechlab I found it WAY easier and quicker to do a build in Smurfy and then copy it over into the client than to bother trying to figure it out while inside. (also a fun thought would be to let us copy the link to a smurfy build and have the client automatically build the mech, although I'm sure that's not a small request)

Camo Section
--Oh wow so many steps backwards. Do you guys only play with console controllers or something? I mean this is horrible that I don't just have a big block of colors to the side (and same with the different patterns). This is a computer game, I have a mouse and large monitor, why am I slowly scrolling through colors one at a time?

-Inventory tab - Useless. I can scan through my mechs and sell them, why in the world would I not be able to double click and enter the mech lab?
--Modules tab - I only see unmounted modules, would be glorious to get a list of where all my modules are located so I don't have to go hunting through all my mechs to find that missing Target Decay.

Social:
-It take two clicks to open the social menu, why?
-With the social menu open, the only way to close it is to click the "X", clicking off to the side like before was much better.
-Chat is still pretty lousy, there should be separate windows for each conversation I have like any other instant messaging program on the planet. If I'm talking with someone and I join a group, the window gets overridden, and in order to get it back I have to go back to my list, click the person, and click chat. To just get back to a window that should never have gone anywhere, plus now I can't see the group chat window.
-You made the social part completely block out the rest of the interface, but then put minimal things into the Social AND made it much harder to go back to the rest of the interface. Makes way way more sense to allow me to continue to mess with the mechlab or whatever while having the chat screen off to the side so I can see if my group is talking to me, if they're all ready and waiting on me, etc.
-Really other than being a bit prettier the Social system doesn't seem very different at all (and that's a pretty bad thing). Minor changes here and there but still (like just about everything else) takes way too many clicking through different menus and stuff to do things that should be (and are in other games) much simpler.

-Only did two drops but both times 1 person in my group didn't get included in the drop, they never got "searching" or anything.

Tons of the stuff that I listed above is not huge game changing things. BUT it is irritating. And as a microtransaction game you should want me as relaxed and sucked in as possible. Instead as I sat and messed with much of this interface there were several times where I got frustrated and thought man I'd rather just go play "xyz" game.

Things like the Camo Section should be polished until they are a thing of beauty so that I want to go in there and constantly tweak the appearance of my mechs with so much coolness. Instead with the version that you showed today I would go in, set my clan colors, and then NEVER use that horrible console inspired {Scrap} ever again.

PS sorry this wasn't in the format the of the listed questions but I wrote this up as I tried stuff and only afterwards saw the list.

Edited by Flushot, 16 January 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#31 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Fullscreen mechlab.
The mechbay is counter intuitive and is different than all other screens with the filters.
Where other screens (like store) shows you filters, the mechbay splits every section of a mech into energy/balistic/missile/engine/ammo/equipment.
This inconsistency makes the whole mechbay user-unfriendly.
- Keep one overview with filter to see the full mech.
- remove the sub-menus, or hide them
- add/use filters for weapon/equipment types in all views and hide all other sub-menus when filtered.

Mechlab also does not show loadout of weapons or heatsinks.

Chat windows are not movable or scalable. Neither is font size changable.
But the biggest issue: when you are not in the social pane, any text someone sends you will not display in your chat box. No matter if in a private chat or in a group.

Missing filters, or the ability to "sort" by weight or class.
Prefere to have it layed out grouped by chassis or weight.

The new font looks more clear. Good.
Loading screens look good.
No other change it seems.

Overall the useablility seems to have too many steps and too less overview.
Even the "overview" like store or select mech screens are not easy to use as everything is "bunched" up in one huge list.
Loadout and skills should be listed as small window when selecting a mech. Don't want to open up all mechs every time to check them. (at least show current status like 4/8 basics or 57 of 80tons).

#32 Kiu

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEU

You can manage your owned mechs if you have more than 4 way better... OK.. you see better what mechs you have...
You are now able to see the movement/turning parameters of the mech.

There are missing important things, or changed for the worse:
- you have NO WAY of knowing what kind of loadout/hardpoints the mech you want to buy have
- click "buy" too fast and you buy with MC - even if you have enough CB - killing real money by default is evil
- leaving the mech list aside, you have no real overview of what you can do, what you have and what you can do.
Almost every UI designer is trying to remove complexity, needs of clicks and tryes to increase the self-explain-factor of his software (I know from my job this is not always easy, dev by myself). But you go the inverse way: You adding a huge amount of unneeded complexity to an already complex system - killing almost every hope a new player could do anything without a 2 hour tutorial. Even if you have played the game - or any other MW game, you need epic times to do what could be done with one or two clicks. Some weeks ago I talked with another team and they talked about trying to remove ABOUT EVERY NOT-REALLY-NEEDED MOUSECLICK or menu(-item). Why? Because that makes the UI fast to use, easy to learn and more easy to develope.
KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STUPID - or you ending up in telling the users they have to writing their own mech-os in 8bit assembler in UI 3.0.

Same stuff as in 2) goes here, in a not-so-important way, but the direction is the same...

See 2), adding: REMOVING THE SEPARATE BUY BUTTONS AND MAKE MC-BUY THE DEFAULT SELECTION is a SICK JOKE! Oh, I have 10000000000 CB but spend 20€ for a bad test mech just because I did not remember to change the option.

Glass effect is way too strong, if you get hit you can't see anything if you have all effects enabled...

A while ago, you told a story about "my child could learn to move a mech with 3PV in an instant" - ok, fine, WHY are you now designing a UI that make the buying/configure of a mech more challenging than an installation of an 5 node oracle database cluster?

#33 winterborn107

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSouth central WI

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Love the way it looks
when you select a mech it does not show you its load out, most importantly Weapons.
works
works
works
when selecting a mech being able to immediately see the weapon loadouts of that mech with out having to go threw the loadout screen would be extremly helpfull.

when editing the loadout of a mech there needs to be an easier way to see what hardpoints it has without having to switch threw all of the mech parts.

#34 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

1. Its easier to browse my 115 mechs.
2. Everything else.

6. UI1.5 only needed a better way to browse mechs. Equipping a mech is a pain with the new mechlab. At first i couldnt find the mechs slots because they are so tiny compared to the huge window with the equipment.
UI2.0 to UI1.5 is like Win 8 to Win 7.

I completely dislike glass.

#35 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

This thread is to cover any qualitative feedback regarding UI 2.0. If you would like to report specific bugs with the preview, please use the New Issues thread.

Please follow the questionnaire provided. This is to help us better organize and process your feedback after the test.

Narrow testing windows.

#36 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Weapon groups in mechlab, quicker access to mechs.

That it took this long since the last preview, and it still sucks badly.
OK i guess
Awful. You do not give ANY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about the items for sale (ie no info about hero mechs in list depite HUGE gap for it on the right).
Awful.
No way to bind mouse wheel.
Adding multiple weapons to a chainfire group does not increase fire rate of group (eg 2xAC2 in chainfire fire at the same rate as 1xAC2).
Joystick input still unfinished (Opening map sets throttle to 0).
"Arm lock Toggle" binding is NOT a toggle, it is a MOMENTARY.
  • Very difficult to tell what is on a mech. When you select a mech in your mech bay, you need to click "CONFIGURE", and then select each area to find out what is on the mech!!
  • Impossible to tell just by looking which row is selected in the weapon grouping.
  • No easy way to cancel editing a mech - clicking "Back" gives message "Do you want to save?" and only options are "OK" and "Cancel". Needs "No" option. Conversely, clicking "Skills" discards ALL changes with NO warning.
  • Left menu can cover over the "mech bays" box in windowed mode.
  • Stupid superfluous stuff - The "Tonnage" point in the diamond serves NO USE.
  • Excessive use of pointless images taking up screen real estate - Why are engines displayed as icons? THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME! Much better to have a list with columns to show USEFUL info (Speed / Heatsink count)
  • Weapons have HUGE icons, but despite wasting all that real-estate, tonnage of the item is not displayed.
  • Equipped items merge into one another. For multi-slot items, the lines denoting how many slots it takes are more apparent than the division between items!!
Overall: EPIC FAIL - Feels 100% Art lead, 0% UX lead.

#37 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

I like that the mechs in the bay are organized by type and weight. I also like that you can view your inventory based on what you have lying around in the bay by type (weapon, equipment, mech etc) and sell it without having to go the bay.

I dislike that you can't pull equipped items especially modules off of owned mechs. I really hate having to go through all my mechs trying to remember where I last had the zoom module or the one XL300 engine I own. If there were a way to show that you owned something and where it was located BEFORE the game wanted you to purchase it, that would be great.

Social system is straight forward. I didn't get an opportunity to test the 12 man grouping...for obvious reasons...But if you can build in a way to organize lances within the social channel before the leader hits launch that would be awesome too. I also think the button is too small and should be located up at the top with the home, mechbay...buttons.

Store menus are easy to navigate and make sense. I think the purchase mechs needs to have a sub-menu system like the mechbay to make it easier to find what we are looking for. (Hero, champion, asslt, light etc) That way we don't have to scroll though pages and pages of mechs to find the one we are looking for.

The ingame interface is nice in that you can select what type of game you are looking for (skirmish, asslt etc) as part of the launch sequence. It prevents the "{Scrap} I forgot to change the game type" Inside the game I noticed that there was no joystick interface, I do hope that this is going to change for us joystick users. Also, I inverted the y-axis, but it didn't register in game. Changing weapons groups BEFORE launching would be a nice feature instead of having to do it on the fly right before you get in battle.

I think within the mechbay the location of the base information (tonnage, speed, firepower etc) is counterintuitive. It should be at the top and the font should be larger to make it easier to see. It took me a minute to find where my tonnage limit was when I was building a mech. Also, an interface where we can see the differences of equipping certain things (like a status bar that shows how a weapon will effect your heat management and firepower) might be useful.

#38 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'll just give a quick feedback, disregarding the questionnaire:

Loadout Screen
  • Please enable double click to equip, unequip in Loadout.
  • Please move Upgrade menu to Loadout screen.
  • Give us an overview of equipped weapons in Loadout screen.
  • Loadout screen is still awkward to use, there has been many community responses towards this, please take notice.
  • The text in info box on the right side in Loadout screen is sometimes not readable, when your mech has bright colors.
Other stuff
  • Menu transitions aren't smooth and stutter, no matter how good your FPS is.
  • Purchased empty mechbays should be visible in your mechlab as well.
  • Please remove the sound when you move over items completely, it's not really needed and gets tedious even though it's toned down.
  • Custom graphics settings don't work, only presets take effect.

Edited by Tahribator, 16 January 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#39 LoneMaverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts

Feels a lot more complete, the lists for items, mechs, etc work a helluva lot better than our current UI and its easier to navigate.

1. In the mechlab, bring back both the mech ragdoll, and the ability to select parts of the mech by clicking on it. Not sure how much I like the new hardpoint setup, perhaps I'll grow to like it but atm it feels a bit clunkier.

2. Not being able to double click to add or remove items from your mech sucks...put that back in.

3. A Loadout Overview would be really nice to see; Weapons, Ammunition, and equipped modules showing up somewhere would help to know if you forgot something or not.

4. Tone down the beeping you get from mousing over -everything- in the menus, perhaps even completely remove it for anything but the drop downs and main buttons.

5. Allow us to use space again to skip the intros...or perhaps add in the options to go straight to login? ;)

6. Allow us to set the resolution for the mechlab/launcher, and also our ingame resolution seperately, the new UI looks really good in fullscreen, but I do like keeping it small when I'm just queuing up and waiting for friends.

Social system still feels very clunky, incorporating it better into the main UI would be alot better option, I'd say my biggest complaint about both our current and UI 2.0 is how terrible the Social UI is....look to War Thunder perhaps for some inspiration...though theirs is still somewhat stiff it works a lot better than what we have.

Other than the main store splash page it works very well, good menus like the rest of the new UI, I'm guessing the splash page is going to hopefully fit in a bit better with the UI than it currently does on live.

...I don't like the new text font, I liked the old one :D

Think I covered everything, really would like to reiterate adding back in the mech ragdoll and the ability to select components on the mech by clicking the mech itself.

Edited by LoneMaverick, 16 January 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#40 Kiu

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEU

Note:
Not shure if beta bug or not, but I was not able to write in the prematch chat... after start, everything worked as usual...

47 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users