#101 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Social Functions

Chat function - changing from group chat to personal chat and back is awkward. Buttons should be placed along the top bar of the chat window, instead of needing to click the 3 shields at the top of party window or the envelope icon in friends list.

Add friend is not working.

I was able to see one of my friends and add him to a group, then after we re-logged, I could not see him, but he could not see me and invite me to the group.

Can't type in chat during countdown ready window

'Mech Configuration

- Still need a preview screen of loadout when you click on a 'Mech to allow for rapid selection
- image of 'Mech should be clickable to select section of the 'Mech to configure

Skills

- order of 'Mech should be in either weight sort or alpha sort. It seems to be more awkward to look at the full list in the order the 'Mechs were released
- would be nice to see the 'Mech tree of a chassis you don't own, but may have in the past to review your progress of unlocks

Selecting Game Mode: cannot pick 2 of 3 options, but I assume this will be a functional option at launch?

The cockpit glass "dirt" doesn't really bother me. I am curious to see how much it affects my vision when the damage effects are introduced.

Edited by Karpundir, 16 January 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#102 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Overall: I love it. The direction this is heading is awesome.

Full Screen Mechlab! \o/

Why does the client start in 720p until I log in? Instead of starting with the last saved settings.

I keep seeing this word, counterintuitive, being thrown around. One guy uses it and every one wants to use the big word. I don't feel this way at all. I think the flow of the menu is good.

Oh noes the ragdoll for choosing the body part is gone. I prefer the list. I only use the ragdoll to select the legs in some cases when I can't click them from the model. I would still like to be able to click the body section from the model on the right.

On the home screen being able to rotate the mech would be nice. See Eve Online and ship spinning. Very popular.

Posted Image
Store: There is no way to filter the mechs.
Even though I know you can buy regular mechs with MC and CB, I would prefer not having CB mechs on the official Store page that is meant for spending real money.

Posted Image
This. No. No. No. NO. Move statistics and the code redemption into the client. Having me leave the game client for a third party client for game information is stupid.

Posted Image
I assume these are to choose between a list view and an icon view. List view would be nice to view large amounts of parts, like the engines. Make them work.

Posted Image
Being able to see what is equipped to the mech in this window tip would be helpful. Even with an abbreviated ragdoll or list. I would also suggest having this window not be a mouse over pop up, but make it a toggle pop up via the triangle in the bottom, since I couldn't figure out what the triangle was for anyways.

Posted Image
Why are the basics not labeled? Or XP gained on the other two mechs not listed. Also consider using the right most area of the screen for the mech tree instead of a separate panel. Similar to the above mech information pop up.

In the regular client I have not had a crash or freeze in a very long time. Second match in test client, frozen. I can no longer log into the client since the freeze so I'll wait to add more until I can.

#103 AratosZeran

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview?
The skills menu looks much more useable now (just put the mechs in alphabetical order and it will be good to go).
The more information we get about weapons and mechs.
Store is going in a good direction, but needs some improvements. Social menu is much better now.
2) What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?
Store as I can't see what kind of mech am I buying. I can't see the hardpoints before buying a mech and can't find the loadout. The Mechlab in my opinion is going in a realy bad way. It is hard to understand and confusing now. (I especially miss the little icon where I could switch between l/r legs, etc. It was easy to use and understand.) The mechlab should be more stilisert and easier to use. The live one is way better.
3) What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?
Looks way better than before, but in fact it's the same as used to. (Oh, and the button needs to be pressed twice in many cases).
Chat should be in a new window mode where I can use mechlab while I am chatting.
4) What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?
Looking good, but you need to add more useful detail like loadout and the stats. Also they should be more visible as they are pretty small.
5) What are your impressions of the in-game interface?
6) Any other comments or concerns?
Whith this new UI the game looks scary and hard to understand. As a player since closed beta I find useful the new informations we get, but for a new player this UI is confusing, hard to use and as I said it may scare away from the game.
Also it's good that we can put mechlab in full screen but imo you need to add an option where I can keep the mechlab on windowed mode while the game is full screen.

Edited by AratosZeran, 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#104 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Argh, had a nice post and lost it.... here`s the TL,DR version.

I like the way It looks, in the sense of "clean and modern"

I unfortunately like almost nothing about the way it functions. The Pilot and Mech labs are unnecessarily tedious and time consuming.

I decided the best test was to purchase an Atlas-K (the only atlas I don`t own) and load it out "blind". That process took almost 20 minutes (I can usually build an atlas in less than 5) and was a singificantly larger clickfest than under the current UI, becasue the lack of an overview made constant back and forth necessary just to see what you`ve already done. And to be honest, I didn`t even touch the armor distribution because I didn`t want to get into the whole clicking back and forth shebang AGAIN.

It`s bad enough that the iconic paper doll has been removed which complicated navigation (and IMO subliminally detaches this game from the BT IP, for better or worse), but of all the MW games I`ve played over the last 30 years, I do in fact think that this may be the most complicated Mechlab ever.

In addition to the unintuitive and quite convoluted mechlab (BTW please bring back doubleclicking to mount and unmount), it was nearly impossible to read most of the equipment fonts (1920x1080 Fullscreen, 42" screen) from just 9' away.

This may be my largest gripe of all.... the clicking itself isn`t so bad, just annoying and disorienting. But when you turn building a mech into a yoga session by forcing players to move their head 3`closer to the screen just to read an engine size rating or mech variant, the annoyance quickly becomes a nuisance... I`m at home with a back issue, so leaning forward every 15 seconds for 15 minutes was much less than pleasant.

Please either give us some of of UI scaling option or just increase the size by 1 or 2 pts so we don`t have to lean forward like we`re waiting for the last dance just to select the right engine size.

The camo selection screen might be great if this were a Playstation. But last I looked, I have a PC. What was wrong with the lists? Why do we have to play xBox simulator when we have a mouse?

There are numerous other smaller things that people have already mentioned, so I won`t go into them again.

Overall impression: With all due respect, if we have to keep the current UI for a while longer and this one never sees the light of day (in it`s current form), I would not be disappointed. I was under the iompression that the whole purpose of UI 2.0 was to ADD functionality and features, not castrate the good ones we have and sugarcoat it.... I am truly NOT positively surprised at the direction this is going, sorry. .

Don`t get me wrong, I`m still rootin` for ya... but I see 3 weeks of coding just in the rework of the mechlab itself.

Edited by Zerberus, 16 January 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#105 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Graphics are nice, full screen mech lab is good.

Not easy to navigate around. Some features I couldn't find, such as the hard-point list for my mech. No general overview of what weapons were equipped without going into the load section for the mech and checking each component. The components section overlay goes over other parts of the display as the list is to long once an item is expanded

It looks lt functionally the same, but a little easier to use.

I didn't like not having sorting options in the store. I don't want to scroll through every mech in the game if I am looking for a specific light chassis.

Didn't check the known bugs, but not everyone could chat in the load screen.

Honestly, I think the mechlab in some respects is a step back from what we currently have. However, I hope this relieves the excuse for not adding features that are so common in about every other online game. If so, then I can deal with it.

#106 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

That is clean and fullscreen. Not "clear" though.

Mechlab as a whole? Clumsy clickfest, still have to review one section at @ time, there's no counter of free critical slots whatsoever, value bars below the end of the screen are very small (and I'm on a 24" 1920x1200), so the only way to know if I still have tons free is a very small number under "tonnage".

Give us THIS:
http://imagizer.imag...90/571/lb03.jpg

I can't really I can't understand how in a podcast russ or paul said that smurfy isn't nice with newcomers. Do you really think that your mechlab is? Hell I took like 20' to configure a Stalker Misery and properly build it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the current mechlab you do anything in 1/5th of the time, yet to see if a theoretical build is possible, even with MWO open, it's still better to alt+tab to smurfy and to do it quickly there.

Seriously, I hope for you (not for me, I'm not actively playing this game anymore) that this isn't the mechlab you want in. Seriously.. it's tremendously time consuming!!!

People want to configure mechs, not see huge icons and have to travel through dozens of subemenus and tabs at will just to do the loadout of a single section of the mech!!!!

Didn't had friends I could chat with. I didn't even knew there was the social front end in the client until I saw the poll feedback. Then I had to search for it.. seriously, highlight it somewhere else, you simply can't find that tiny little icon!

Mech color customization can be described with the word AWFUL.

Who got the idea to allow one color per kind to be seen? I've lost my owned colours, the menu literally disappeared or I didn't managed to find it.

Very clumsy, current UI is far better under this pov.

It looks clean, but the options are very small. Still waiting to actually see toggle arm lock function to actually toggle something, without the need to go into options, unlock the arms, save and go back into the game all while my mech is wandering without its pilot.

Again: this is how you do a mech customization panel:
http://imagizer.imag...90/571/lb03.jpg

All sections and critical slots visible at once, armor at once, everything can be reached in no time. Item list can stay on the right, over the mech.. there's no utility in having the mech on the right, if I've selected it, I know what I'm configuring. Unless it takes half an hour to do that, then, some doubts may arise about what I was doing..

So in one word please.. SMURFY.

Edited by John MatriX82, 17 January 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#107 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

1. Well i like the entire look of it... i like the feel...

2. that would have to be the fact that i have to click on ok so many times... should just be able to hit spacebar if its just an ok screen... then again i don't really need a message to pop up and tell me that a skill has been unlocked in the pilot lab cuz im the one there and im already doing it.... so i know its being unlocked...

3. that does look really cleaned up... i like it... though i would rather have the seperation in the people in my friends list and the people i have blocked... since i have only had to block one racist POS, then i shouldn't have to see his name everyday.

4. i like the drop down menus. i like being able to sort through everything a little easier...

5. overall i think it was good... its well worth ready to release so people can get used to it and you can get the bugs out of the way faster... lets go already...

6. Yeah... i thought there was a problem with economy but i didn't read it right apparently so its all good... HOPE IT RELEASES SOON!!!

#108 OriginalArcher

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationAydindril, Midlands, UK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

What I like.

- I like the in game changes. They look real nice and I'm really glad you can see weapons groupings finally. The social menu looks good to.
- The skills/pilot trees are amazing. So much better than the current system.
- The general ease of the system is very good as well, e.g. moving backwards and forwards ect.
-The setting menu is nice and easy and good to use.
The camo specs page is well...epic!

What I don't like, mostly because I'm concerned for new players

Mostly, the loadout section in the mechlab.
Why?
My problems with it are as followed:
-You cant see whats actually physically in your mech weapon wise without going into each section of your mech.
- Even though I know, I think new player will struggle to understand the difference between the center, right and left torsos, and perhaps as a result the right amount of amour you should add to each. It would be better If when you select say the 'right torso' section it lights up on the mech, like it does in the current mech lab. You don't need to zoom in like crazy like it currently does, just highlight it a bit so they know which section it is.
- When you have filled up your hard points in a section, or you've filled it up completely everything just goes red saying 'invalid'. Fair enough...but...why are they invalid? Isnt that what new players will be asking? Perhaps a 'to heavy' or 'all hard points full' description like before?
- Its not made particularity obvious that you need to 'checkout' when you've finished editing your mech.

Mostly thou I'm impressed with UI 2.0. Now just waiting on release. GJ guys.

#109 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Had issues with the store, couldnt see the loadouts of mechs, or hardpoint lists.

all looks pretty nice though.
with overwhelming parts here n there.

liked the new fonts.

#110 Merv DeGriff

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn a 'mech bay awaiting drop.

• Full screen in both the front end and game mode removed a jarring transition. Nice!
  • Overall ascetic improvement.
  • Mechbay and mech selection:
  • Large list of owned mechs with filter options good.

• Mech lab no longer lists critical slots remaining/total, making the use of endo steel or ferrorfiberous armor difficult.
  • With no real front end chat or social interaction, it was hard to form an ad-hoc group.

No major improvement.
  • Located the usual friends list.
  • Could not find a front end chat function.
  • Could not find a menu for creating an outfit.
  • Saw a tab next to friends tab, clicking this tab did nothing.
My best description would be: "There is a social system?"

Store was clean an readable. Items could use a little more info, perhaps as a pop out on the left when moused over.

Cockpit glass was immersive, but minor glare issues cause some visibility problems.

BUG: Mouse cursor appeared in full screen mode, aiming to the left cause mouse to leave game focus when clicking to fire. This minimized the full screen game mid combat.

Normal function was resumed by closing and relaunching game client.

When filtering mechs in the mechbay and front end, merge champion and hero mechs, or create a 3rd option for both hero and champion chassis.

#111 Rip von Graze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationPirate Point above Terra

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

- Cleaner interface
- Full Screen
MechLab
- Better organization of the mechbay
- Statistics when mousing over a mech within the mechbay
- Filtering of mechs
- Icons displaying if the mech is a hero or champion
Configure UI
- Organized Ammo, Equipment, and Weapons, automatic filtering of weapons that do not fit hard points
- Weapon Grouping outside of the match
- unified configuration of the mech from paintjob to modules
Inventory
- Ability to efficiently see items in my inventory so I can determine if I need to sell off excess weapons or equipment

Mechlab
- Real Estate in the UI is not handled well on larger resolution monitors (1920x1080)
- Example, the 'Mech Stats' Tonnage, armor, Firepower, is SMALL and easily overlooked when trying configure a mech, move it under the list of mechs owned or parts within the Configure section of the UI and make it bigger.
- Unable to see the loadout of my mechs without configuring them, and even when I do I do not have a list of the loadout.
- Difficult to determine how many mechbays I have available

Configure
- Configuration of the mech is confusing and tedious
- I feel as though I need to know exactly what I need to do before I enter the Configure UI
- Unable to view or edit multiple sections of the mech at once, its a list!! I should be able to open more than one section so I can modify different sections without having to click to open that section over and over as I tweak my mech
- Unable to double click items off my mech
- Images of the equipment dwarf the name of the item, when viewing Engines all I could see was a sea of icons rather than a list of the names of the engines. All the icons are the same making it confusing to determine which engine I want
- Unable to see a loadout of the mech, what weapons are equipped? Why am I out of tonnage? Did I forget something somewhere? It is VERY difficult to answer these questions without rummaging through each section of the mech one at a time.
- Modules need Icons as well as the name when you equip them and to be displayed more prominently, I didn't know where my equipped Modules list was at first since it blended into my mech.
- As mentioned above, when configuring my mech, I have NO idea how much tonnage I am at, the Armor, Firepower, Heat Management, Tonnage, Jump Distance needs to be MUCH larger to be usefully visible.

Store
- I have no idea what comes with any mech I purchase for giggles I bought the wrong Cataphract since I wanted the one with Jump Jets to configure. I had no idea what the mech had on it, but I bought the wrong one.
- If I already own the mech, why display it? Have owned mechs hidden by default
- What sales are going on? Are there sales? Can I filter? idk!

I am unable to change my mech or loadout in the group menu, am I committed to running with that mech or being unable to make changes after I enter the Group interface?

Note: I found out how to switch back, clicking the 'X' button on the social object. The overlay seems a bit odd to me, is an overlay necessary? There is so much space to fill...

I run pugs too often and my friends are not available during PTR times for a deeper inspection of the interface.

Better. As noted earlier there are issues with being unable to see loadouts/hardpoints of the mechs before purchase. It's too easy to make a bad purchase.

I tried to launch once and the game crashed within 2 minutes of the game. Fonts seemed nice though. The glass for the cockpit seemed like a nice touch however I would need to play more to say more.

Overall I think this a great next step, objects within the UI need to scale if I full screen the interface as well as move around. I feel like I have lost a LOT of information about my mechs with this UI and gained some difficult to interpret statistics about my mech that I didn't care about.

The mechlab seems confusing, you have to have a direction and know what you are doing. It seems like you are telling the player to build their mech with an external tool my Smurfy then come back to the app to apply the loadout to the mech. In its current form it does not easily allow users to tinker with them mechs without an extensive amount of clicking and moving around. I would honestly call it worse than the current mechlab in some respects.

Thank you for the trial period with this interface.

-- Ripvan

#112 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Configuring a mech is super annoying and complicated. It reminds me of some old-style menu selection in an old windows 3.1 program.

You need to make the "hardpoints slots" part higher up and larger and preferably put it adjacent to the menu that allows you to switch between mech parts (arm/leg/torsos)

Also, I dislike that you can't push "space" to breeze through the opening cinematics.

Other than that, it's a whole load better than UI 1.0.

#113 Metalcell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 104 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Forget about UI 2.0 lets just start on UI 3.0.

#114 Leroifou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 126 posts

Beautiful and slick art design.
Mechs look great.
Cockpit glass is a neat touch.
Mech stats in the popout window (accel, tilt, etc) is cool.

Skill Tree:
- It takes 4 clicks to unlock a skill. Click to Unlock, click to choose MXP or GXP, click to confirm and then click to dismiss the Notification window. Too many! Click to unlock and click to choose MXP or GXP is enough. At the very least remove the Notification window.

Mechlab:
- A mech's hardpoints and loadout should be obvious when you select it. Either a paper doll or at least in the mouseover popout. As is, you have to go into configure and select each limb to find out anything. Or go to Smurfy...
- Along the same lines, you have to go into the mech configuration menu to search for stuff. I have 40some mechs. Now where did I put that Seismic module?...
- Double click add or remove should be implemented.

Seems to function just like before only with nicer menus...did I miss something?

Too much visual space taken up by the icons. Don't get me wrong, they're pretty but they take up half of the screen real estate. The engine list is especially bad. Too much clutter. Not obvious what you own. "Owned 0" or "Owned 1" doesn't pop out at you.

Smoother fonts. Didn't see anything else different.

- Would like to see the ability to select game modes independently, not just Any or a single one. For example I would like to be able to select Skirmish and Assault but not Conquest.

#115 ReconRod

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

UI..2.0 is sweet...glass effect could show a bit more damage...like " cracks" all in all I think PGI is doing a fine job. as far as critqueing..the game as a whole no need..I found Ui easy to use, and much more fun as well. Didn't get chance to use group..drops, 4 o 12 person, or single match looking forward TO TRYING...

#116 SirFerret

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Iowa

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

The game is all in full screen, no more clunky mini mechlab.
Ability to see full inventory.
Ability to see all mechs owned without having to scroll left/right.

No paper doll in mechlab.
Unable to see loaded modules without going into config.
SEVERE drop in FPS, even in mechlab. (30+ in current game, 16-17 with new UI, all options on low.)

Okay; needs to be more polished, make it function more like current UI. Should also be able to have the social tab open constantly.

Nicely done. I didn't notice anything I did not like.

A bit clunky; this could be due more to my sever drop in FPS.

If this UI were to be released as-is right now, I would no longer be able to play MWO due to reduced FPS.

Current system specs:
AMD FX-6200 (6 core, 3.8G)
AMD Radeon HD 7570, 2G, Core Clock 650 MHz, Mem Clock 800 MHz

#117 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Visually, the UI2.0 preview does look far better than the current UI, with the very basic feature of having full screen. Audio effects are a nice as well.

The sheer clumsiness (the best way I can describe it atm) of the UI. The UI itself is nothing short of a pain in the rear to navigate, and even easier to get lost -- misclicking on something and instantly having to go back 2-4 menu options to return where you once were. Specifically, the mechlab. Clicking on a wrong menu item sets you back to the start without saving the mech you were working on - never mind the lack of a full paper doll to, going through too many mini menus to find equipment, weapons, etc. and then needing to GO BACK an entire step to get to upgrades. Then furthermore, to save your mech isn't exactly straight forward. There is no big "SAVE" button anywhere. You must give up and mash the "back" button until it eventually shows up.

The most important information is at the bottom right, tucked away and out of sight, with small text that doesn't scale up with monitor size. The BIG important number "Current Tonnage" is hidden away in a jumble of mostly useless and ambiguous numbers with "total firepower" and the like -- which much like the total firepower bar in MechWarrior 4, meant mostly nothing as to actual in-field firepower and results.

Half of the MechWarrior game is the mechlab. A clumsy and difficult to navigate mechlab will only give new players a massive headache and push them away from half the game. Probably the most important part of the game for most pilots who love to tinker with mechs more than pilot them.

The Mechlab needs serious UI improvements. Go back to a simple paper doll layout that is more easily navigable and allows players to more easily visualize what location they are in by looking at the mech model and remove all those mini-menus that make it difficult to navigate. Everything should be accessible from ONE menu location, with ZERO need for a "back" button anywhere. One should not need to backpedal and lose any progress because one may want to equip Artemis, DHS, SHS, or FF armor.

And seriously, why is there no big "SAVE" button anywhere? Or if there is, why did I never notice it in the half hour I was in the mechlab?

The camo customization page is equally as dreadful. Without a least some type of basic menu of pallets and colors, one must painstakingly go through each color one by one until they eventually land on the desired color. Again, a single misclick on a misleading menu item and back to scratch!

The pilot tree page (once one navigates about 3-4 menu options to get there) really isn't a tree. This one is a bit of a "meh" since the announcement of the skill tree revamp. But since this is feedback, again -- its just, not good. Not bad -- but calling it a tree is really misleading. Its just a bunch of boxes with a bunch modules to unlock. Clarity again is not what this menu has.

Then we go to the "store" menu. Again, just clumsy and not very clear. I think I could really just copy past that to each subsection of the UI, to be honest.

Edited by mwhighlander, 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#118 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Fullscreen

TOO MANY CLICKS

TOO MANY BEEPS

GIVE US BACK OUR EQUIPMENT DOUBLE CLICK!!

No sorting/filter in the store. Seriously, we aren't allowed to sort by tonnage anymore? Give us filters.

Convoluted, no easy method of configuration, purchase etc. Everything is buried in menus and requires way too many clicks.

Pertinent information (tonnage remaining) is difficult to locate/see while inconsequential fluff (90 engine icons) is overblown and spamming the screen.

Camo Screen is an absolute horrid click fest. You have to click through EVERY color and EVERY pattern?? Horrible. I wouldn't waste time in that wasteland, which means purchasing colors/patterns for MC won't happen. That means LESS MONEY for YOU, in case that's something you'd be interested in.

Honestly, the only change I saw that was pertinent to previous tests was the weapon group coloration. The beeps, clickfest, convoluted menus, and overall inept intuitiveness is still in place.

I didn't test the other things you questioned because I couldn't abide the UI long enough to invest the time in finding said features.

Edited by Xeren KelDar, 16 January 2014 - 12:14 PM.

#119 NoBodie

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, CA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Love the "Full Screen" aspect.

Thank God you removed than "Annoying Ker-Chin" sound!

There is no overview of your mech or any mech. When you hover the cursor over a picture of a mech, a overview screen should come up showing how the mech is equiped. Listing all components and where they are located.

When you are in the store and are going to buy a new battlemech. when you click on a mech you get no details on that mech. A side window should open that list the hardpoints, weapon loadouts, engine size, etc. All of the current data we see in the current UI when looking at mechs to purchase.

Make it easier to switch out modules on mechs. upon exiting a match and you want to switch mechs. Having to go into mech lab, select battlemechs, find your mech, hit configure, hit modules, remove modules by dragging (should be able to double click the off) and finally go to cash out. Now to select you new mech ........ get the idea too many steps in changing modules around. Make modules a part of the top bar along with the store, home, skill, and mechlab bar.

3) What are your impressions of the Mech Upgrade screen?

Increase the size of the lettering (words) for the different mech classes, the cb, mech bays and mc window. also increase the size of the mech information screen (speed, structure, heat sinks, etc. we now have full screen -- use it, so what if we can't see all of the lower legs. The size of the top bar of Home, mech Lab is a good size for the rest of the bars.

All equipment available in a given area (Torso, Arm, Leg) should be available in the scroll area. Not having to select the type (missile, equipment, etc) to see what is available. Increase their thumbnail size also.

Make the equipment thumbnails info pop out screen bigger. Use the whole area for it. Again full screen use it. It's a temp mode so what if it hides all of the mech.

Make the thumbnails bigger, about half again. It a scroll bar area, make the most of it. when a person got to lean into a 24" screen to read the data ..

4) What are your impressions of the Pilot Tree screen?

Again, Make the thumbnails bigger, use the whole screen, noone cares at this point to see the mech in the right hand side.

5) What are your impressions of the Camo Spec screen?

Again, Make the thumbnails bigger, this time we do want to see the mech and also be able to rotate it. Use a third of the full screen for the thumbnails and two thirds for the mech.

As with the reply above: Camo Screen is an absolute horrid click fest. You have to click through EVERY color and EVERY pattern?? Horrible. Display all options and allow us to select the one we want, "NOT", search through every pattern, every color to find what we are looking for!

6) What are your impressions of the changes to Artemis?

7) Any other comments or concerns?

Keyboard setting can't be changed. Could not remap my keys.

Again, for settings, make it all bigger easier to read, it's an eye strain to squint and try to read. Use the whole screen.

Biggest concern right now is "WORDING" size". This is hard to read. NO! This is better! Better still!

Edited by NoBodie, 16 January 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#120 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

1) It is decent and a good way to see where the game is heading.
2) It is a bit hard to learn the U.I at first.
3) Not bad, albeit a bit harder to use.
4) N/A, I didn't review them in detail.
5) Very artistic, a bit harder to use and could be improved.
6) Nope. Not off the top of my head.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users